Welcome to Gaia! ::

Citizen

Sodium for the Soul
Usadari
Really, it is not Gaia's fault that you're so poor you have to complain about it in a public forum. There are tons of ways to earn gold, especially if you're patient. And I'm fairly certain that if you had one of those highly valued items, you'd sell it in the MP for just as much.

What's your halo called?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/47789

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Attrinity
Bellecoso
At this point, I'm just waiting for a crash.

what kind of a crash? and what would the outcome be for the users?

Maybe all gold gets wiped? Maybe gold stops being a thing? IDK but it's becoming increasingly likely. D:

Dedicated Bibliophile

10,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
void ab initio
B Banzai
void ab initio
To be fair to Gaia, they are addressing the problems created by their own gold generators by having gold sinks in Loyal Bazaar and Dernier Cri.

The Gold Generators are what is driving the inflation. Dumping more Gaia Gold in the system by way of items purchased through GC (which is an asset that is removed from the system,) drives down the value of gold.

Which is why I said my piece about Gaia at least doing something like releasing a gold sink.

Yeah, but putting a kitchen sponge on one side and a fire hose on the other doesn't really fix the flooding.

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
The problem is the people selling stuff on there and being so greedy at the same time. mad

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
void ab initio
To be fair to Gaia, they are addressing the problems created by their own gold generators by having gold sinks in Loyal Bazaar and Dernier Cri.

User Image
Ohh man, not those "goldsinks" again... the expression "as a grain of sand is to the beach" comes to mind.
I think the staff always knew those "goldsinks" would do little to nothing against this galloping inflation. In fact I don't believe for a moment they were created to actually help fix the inflation. After all why would Gaia want to fix it if it's doing such a great job of pushing users into buying Gaia Cash? It was precisely with that in mind that they devised such ineffective goldsinks as would enable them to appease the community's complaints by making it look like they were addressing the issue, while at the same time having no negative impact whatsoever on their carefully engineered inflation. Not to mention that, if they were truly so very worried about the inflation they wouldn't have raised the gold caps that only encourage users to price their items even higher.

I think those goldsink shops are if anything helping to feed the cash regime, seeing as many of those items can only be bought with large amounts of gold that are only attainable through buying Gaia Cash. And then one thing leads to the other -- a few users sink a tiny bit of gold there (that is those few that are interested in those wares so it's not even everyone that goes sink gold there) and after those relatively few sink that negligible amount of gold there, they just move on to join the rest of cash-buying users in injecting the economy with more gold from the latest gold generators, to replenish whatever they spent in Loyal's and DCri's and keep up with the latest releases. And all the while the economy never even flinched.

I'd go as far as to say that, even if Gaia created 10 more of such shops right now they still wouldn't dent this inflation, what with more and more generated-gold being injected into the mp everyday, expertly sabotaging any goldsink. Loyal's shop finally appeared and just as expected inflation only continued to rise. Oh and yet another cash shop also appeared, because we didn't have enough of those it seems... but that is another story. Honestly, these so called "goldsinks" are about as effective as using a bike to stop a high speeding train.
I only wonder if Gaia's marketing team laughs every time a user thanks them for the effort they've put into goldsinks/fighting inflation.

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

The admins don't exactly control the inflation- its more less user based.
Those high prices come from them.
I guess another factor to inflation would be the gold gens being distributed daily and the gold cap being raised.
other then that, its more user based.

Shapeshifter

Inflation's still terrible, no matter whose fault it is. Recent free grants are going for 100k on the marketplace, jeez.
I've actually gained a lot of money but it's pointless because anything good is 10mil and up
True Manticore
why would Gaia want to fix it if it's doing such a great job of pushing users into buying Gaia Cash?
this

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
This is not an Admin issue, they're just employees you know. This is a Management issue.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
Well, the re-releases are necessary to deflate items. Some items would have been incredibly inflated by now if it weren't for mass re-releases. Like Cloud.
They need to re-release many more items en masse.
Katyasha_fox
The problem is the people selling stuff on there and being so greedy at the same time. mad

The thing is, that because of the inflation people have to sell things high. You can try to be high minded and sell what you have for as low as you can. Only problem is that it leaves you without any funds to buy anything else. Not to mention the ones who are probably buying it are vendors who will then re-list at a higher price. So I wouldn't call them greedy so much as trying to survive this shitty situation.

Virtuous Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Invisibility 100
True Manticore
(...)
I only wonder if Gaia's marketing team laughs every time a user thanks them for the effort they've put into goldsinks/fighting inflation.

LOL! I know right xD
I bet they laugh hard at the thanks in general and, while I'm at it, probably also at all the S kissing we see out there. Actually I feel embarrassed when I see it, and yet I shouldn't have to feel that way because those people don't represent me.
It's like Gaia can do A TON of s*hit and then when they occasionally release some pixel turnip as a freebie it's enough to inspire a thanks thread. It's freaking hilarious.
But seriously now, it's sad that people can be so played and still they support or praise them =(

Demonic Defender

16,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
Usadari
Really, it is not Gaia's fault that you're so poor you have to complain about it in a public forum. There are tons of ways to earn gold, especially if you're patient. And I'm fairly certain that if you had one of those highly valued items, you'd sell it in the MP for just as much.

Psh,I have more gold than I ever thought I could possibly have right now and it's chump change.
They never updated the system.
Currently the gold payouts existing across the site are set up for the system that was pre-inflation,this prevents users from obtaining enough gold to buy things in this currently inflated system.

Not all of us had stockpiles of items before the inflation hit so not all of us are rolling in gold.
I'd like to see you get 3 billion or more in a month,that's how bad the economy is right now and you'll never reach it unless you buy cash shop items. Make a fresh account,no trades,no gifts. Just you and a fresh account.
It is gaias fault for releasing gold generators and making gold worthless. They are not children so don't treat them like children,they should be held responsible for their own actions.
A "business" is not above making bullshit decisions and the people to blame for allowing this to happen and doing little to nothing to fix it are the coo,narumi(who oversees all teams) and marketing team whom decides what is put into the cash shop.
Blaming the users for inflation is like blaming water for a oil spill.
In a nut shell? Marketing team dumped oil on us and they're leaving us to clean up there mess as they continue to pollute the water.

Eloquent Lunatic

Srintella Tiagara
Admins said they won't ever

Lol, where have I heard THAT before? emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items