Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Now that the Marionette's gotten a new revised version with the Restrung line, it's made me think about old "premium" items that were super popular (and expensive) that could use an updated style or color scheme. Some premium items have received an update of sorts - you could squint at it and call the Maddie Hatter line an updated gender-flipped version of the Mad Hatter (though I would really love a new male version with hidden arm poses like the ones in Haigha's Madness, a leg mod with longer legs, a spiffy new top hat...).

A lot of older EIs suffer from outdated colors and styles. I think the Kitsune/Tanuki-themed summer event would have been the perfect time to release something of an updated Inari's Beads that would still use Japanese mythological themes but interpret them in poses and colors more along the lines of current Gaian style (more arm and leg mods, for one). Zodiacal is getting something of an updated/recolored version with Equinox - think this trend might continue with past popular EIs?

What older coveted items of yesteryear would you love to get a style makeover? What color schemes/poses would you include in the new release? Would you gender-flip any of the items?

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Even though they get massive recolors, I'd like to see an updated version of both Rosamund and Little Lucie. They could be given new spins and twists and I'd love to see that. I'd also like to see Masquerade get a makeover and be updated. heart

Kottan Bell is another item I'd love to see get an update. ^.^

I'd also like to see HOTD and Devil Tail get a brand new look instead of recoloring the old ones. >_>

Maybe a gender flip of Alruna's Rose but for males! (Alruna could also get a much needed update. <3 )

Magic Hobo

I'd like to see sequels to the Gift of the Gods/Goddess MCs.

Trash Bear

I really want a bronze Fremere's guard, never gonna get it unless I win a ticket myself crying

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Loveparody
Even though they get massive recolors, I'd like to see an updated version of both Rosamund and Little Lucie. They could be given new spins and twists and I'd love to see that. I'd also like to see Masquerade get a makeover and be updated. heart

I'd also like to see HOTD and Devil Tail get a brand new look instead of recoloring the old ones. >_>

Maybe a gender flip of Alruna's Rose but for males! (Alruna could also get a much needed update. <3 )

It would be great if they would update Masquerade to be more useful with darker skintones.

What kind of new poses/themes would you like to see in the updated EIs?

And a male Alruna's Rose would be pretty spiffy. :3

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I'd like to see sequels to the Gift of the Gods/Goddess MCs.

Ooo, that would be amazing. What gods/goddesses would you include, or you would just have new items for the gods/goddesses already covered?

kurl
I really want a bronze Fremere's guard, never gonna get it unless I win a ticket myself crying

Would it be all the same poses, just recolored in bronze?

Yunonia's Queen

Springtime Spirit

User Image
Pretty old-school, but I really, really really want an update of the long-stemmed roses ♥ I'd like some nice purple ones, maybe some extra poses (that put the rose in your hair, or on your shirt... )

Aged Prophet

13,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Consumer 100
I'd love to see a revamped Nautilus Raiment. Back when that came out it was a pretty big status item, since the pixeling was considered high quality at its time. I would like some recolors for zephyr tasset too, hopefully in an affordable range.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Salathielly
Loveparody

It would be great if they would update Masquerade to be more useful with darker skintones.

What kind of new poses/themes would you like to see in the updated EIs?

And a male Alruna's Rose would be pretty spiffy. :3

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

YES. Stuff needs to work for dark skinned avatars including some of the skin mods some items have.
(Like the one I'm wearing. It's such a lovely shade of red and brown heart )
Hmm I'm not too sure, but I'd like if the Masquerade did better eyelashes, eyeshadow and lips.
Maybe more beauty marks, better bangs, and freckles. 3nodding

I'm not sure about the others. sweatdrop I'd have to think about it.
But a male Alruna item is so much want. emotion_drool

Trash Bear

Salathielly

Would it be all the same poses, just recolored in bronze?

Nah just similar style and items would be good, like the armor and tassels that appear though the original would be kept. And maybe use blue instead of gold accents. I would like the robot-like looking legs to be the same or similar.

Heart Singing

All of them. twisted

But more seriously, i think it would be really nice to have some of the older EIs and MCs updated. Many of the older EIs had interesting themes and ideas with nice colour ranges we don't see so much of anymore, but they're unfortunately showing their age. Lyndexer's Journal, Gogh Reed, Kottan Bell, to name a few. And i'd adore an updated Masquerade even if the original is still very useful.

More than any of that though, i'd like to see some of the old gold store shoes dusted off and reshaped.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Oh my gosh what I'd do for a remake of Dappy Dandy.

It's such a nice item. emotion_drool
But the color palette is pretty limited...

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
User Image

User Image нι! αℓℓιє נυѕт ωαитѕ тσ ѕαу»
I was a big fan of The Case of Pietro

Like did they technically finsh that it was like the weirdest when it came to updates. Anyways, could doing another story like that count as an updated version? Like The Case of (insert name here) and it be kind of the same premise?

Also second an actual update for Masquerade. I need more make-up options that are seperated @w@ Also, Kottan bell was cute. I'd like some more detailed versions of those boots in it emotion_drool

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

purplerosesbeauty

User Image
Pretty old-school, but I really, really really want an update of the long-stemmed roses ♥ I'd like some nice purple ones, maybe some extra poses (that put the rose in your hair, or on your shirt... )

Oh goodness, I remember those...think I still have a couple in my inventory, actually. But new poses/colors would be nice. They could even do roses with multiple colors (like yellow roses with red tips). I like the idea of having corsage/boutonniere/hair decoration poses as well.

Aervels
I'd love to see a revamped Nautilus Raiment. Back when that came out it was a pretty big status item, since the pixeling was considered high quality at its time. I would like some recolors for zephyr tasset too, hopefully in an affordable range.

Whenever I read "Nautilus," sadly the first item I think of is that little sea creature thing. xD I had entirely forgotten about the Raiment, but it's really awesome. And now I kinda want it. Anything in particular you'd change about it? And the zephyr is a neat little accent item.

Loveparody

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

YES. Stuff needs to work for dark skinned avatars including some of the skin mods some items have.
(Like the one I'm wearing. It's such a lovely shade of red and brown heart )
Hmm I'm not too sure, but I'd like if the Masquerade did better eyelashes, eyeshadow and lips.
Maybe more beauty marks, better bangs, and freckles. 3nodding

I'm not sure about the others. sweatdrop I'd have to think about it.
But a male Alruna item is so much want. emotion_drool

As someone who wears the Hoarfrost Pass Cicero skin pretty much all the time...yeah. :c

Any updates to Masquerade would have to layer well with eye/mouth/face mods.

Your current avatar (OC, right?) would rock a male Alruna. :3

Enduring Spirit

I want to see Blade of the Night Sky and Kanoko's Dark Reflection updated. That would be simply wonderful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff