Welcome to Gaia! ::

Taishi88
[blackberry]
So, God told you to go to an online Anime forum/game mostly inhabited by twelve year olds and convert them to Christians? Makes perfect sense to me. .-_.-
I said it before and I say it again Matt 28 19 that means wherever I go including all nations I should be trying to convert, it's foolish to assume you know more than God or try to put a limit on God (Mormons) God knows all We including me know nothing, I wan't to serve God because he knows best and so much.

I didn't say I know more then God, so don't put words in my mouth. And stop quoting the bible already. I don't know if it's "real" or not, but I do know that it has been changed. Up until about 1000 years ago, it was a sin to eat meat on Fridays. Now it seems eating meat on Fridays won't send you to Hell. Care to explain this to us non-Christians?
Hasn't this gone beyond discussion into Trolling?

And I like the Malcolm in the Middle qoute for this last rant, since he says everyone compared to God, knows nothing.

Bet those ants, compared to us, knew nothing either. wink
xWillyWonkax
Technically, you're committing Blasphemy...

Christian means 'Follower of Christ'.

Not 'Follower of Christ's fanboys'.

To me, to be a real Christian, you follow Jesus' teachings and ONLY Jesus' teachings. And he basically taught one thing.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself. / Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Apparently, you want some strange to come along, completely degrade your beliefs, and arrogantly proclaim that their religion is better than yours.

Masochrist much?

P.S. Isn't Pride one of those Deadly Sins you Christians always b***h about? wink
I don't care about myself much and I don't try to pride myself on anything God forgive me if I do, all that stuff isn't my sayings but the Lords except the stuff that isn't provided by scripture... and Jesus is the son of God and the only one able to accpmplish perfection of the Law, Exodus 20 1-17 without Jesus we can't accomplish the law, but the law is good because it's of God, and also he taught love your neighbor as you do yourself, but the greatest thing Jesus taught was love God before all things, once again Jesus is God and Gods commandments is in Ex. 20 1-17.
[blackberry]
Taishi88
[blackberry]
So, God told you to go to an online Anime forum/game mostly inhabited by twelve year olds and convert them to Christians? Makes perfect sense to me. .-_.-
I said it before and I say it again Matt 28 19 that means wherever I go including all nations I should be trying to convert, it's foolish to assume you know more than God or try to put a limit on God (Mormons) God knows all We including me know nothing, I wan't to serve God because he knows best and so much.

I didn't say I know more then God, so don't put words in my mouth. And stop quoting the bible already. I don't know if it's "real" or not, but I do know that it has been changed. Up until about 1000 years ago, it was a sin to eat meat on Fridays. Now it seems eating meat on Fridays won't send you to Hell. Care to explain this to us non-Christians?
I don't know why we can eat meat on fridays now... I don't know everything but God does, I'll pray that I can find his word that we can't eat meat on fridays, and also where God says you can eat meat on fridays... um... would you happen to know which book chapter and or verse?
Taishi88
xWillyWonkax
Technically, you're committing Blasphemy...

Christian means 'Follower of Christ'.

Not 'Follower of Christ's fanboys'.

To me, to be a real Christian, you follow Jesus' teachings and ONLY Jesus' teachings. And he basically taught one thing.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself. / Do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

Apparently, you want some strange to come along, completely degrade your beliefs, and arrogantly proclaim that their religion is better than yours.

Masochrist much?

P.S. Isn't Pride one of those Deadly Sins you Christians always b***h about? wink
I don't care about myself much and I don't try to pride myself on anything God forgive me if I do, all that stuff isn't my sayings but the Lords except the stuff that isn't provided by scripture... and Jesus is the son of God and the only one able to accpmplish perfection of the Law, Exodus 20 1-17 without Jesus we can't accomplish the law, but the law is good because it's of God, and also he taught love your neighbor as you do yourself, but the greatest thing Jesus taught was love God before all things, once again Jesus is God and Gods commandments is in Ex. 20 1-17.

Yeah, whatever.

You do realise the Bible as you know it is just a bunch of tales Priests gathered from different parts of the land in an attempt centralise the religion. Meaning, a bunch of stories were editted out.

Also, since you love Christian mythology so much...

Who was the first woman created and why was she kicked out of Eden.

Hint: IT'S NOT EVE!

If you know your 'religion' so well, you should know this.
I am going to post this agin. Here is where in the gaia rules it says you can't make topics in aid to convert people.

Quote:
Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

you (or anyone) posting a topic on converision is "unsolicited advertising for christianity (or there religion)." So Stop.
Taishi88
[blackberry]
Taishi88
[blackberry]

I don't know why we can eat meat on fridays now... I don't know everything but God does, I'll pray that I can find his word that we can't eat meat on fridays, and also where God says you can eat meat on fridays... um... would you happen to know which book chapter and or verse?

I don't have that information, but I do have this website.
Taishi88
[blackberry]
Taishi88
[blackberry]

It only says you can't eat meat on Fridays. Never where you can start eating it again.

It also says that it's evil to eat shellfish, to eat pork, where clothing made from different fabrics, plant more than one crop in the same field, to use God's name in vain, to work on Sundays, for a man to sit in the same place a menstrating woman sat without throughly cleansing himself afterward, for a woman to have short hair, for a woman to talk in church, to have sex with a woman on her period, for men of age not to have a beard and if they do have a beard it MUST reach their chest, and it was perfectly alright for a man to kill his wife if he found out she wasn't a virgin when he married her.

None of these things are revoked in the Bible and yet all these things no longer apply today. Why? Because over the past 2000 years, people have gotten smarter and realised there was nothing wrong with this stuff. Infact, some of this stuff saved their lives. (Fur mixed with Wool in the winter. Nice and warm though a bit itchy. ^^ )
Ok, I want to say a couple of things, one, you say Gaia doesn't respect your religion because it doesn't allow you to make a thread to spread the word of Jesuschrist, but you are conscious not everyone here has the same beliefs as you do, there are every type of persons here, some may want to listen to God's message, some others won't, you can't make everyone accept your beliefs, and you are putting words in mouth of other people, persons who post in this thread, other religions beliefs, please, if you want people to respect your beliefs you must start by respecting theirs.
Taishi88
[blackberry]
Taishi88
you say gaia isn't a resource of people for me to convert, but I am doing God's will and not my own. Think about that, I am just the messanger boy on a bike, delivering a message. If you have a problem with it take it up the person that wrote the message... don't shoot the messanger.

Ok. I happen to be a mod, so please allow me to explain why we don't allow proselytisation, conversion efforts, or the free exercise of the Great Commission on Gaia.

1. Jesus, as well as Leviticus 19, both contain a teaching known as the Golden Rule (or the Ethic of Reciprocity.) This states "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." In this light, should it be acceptable for Muslim, Buddhist, or atheist preachers to attempt to convert you?

2. The motivation behind any conversion attempt is a presupposition that yer own religious opinion is The Truth, and that the opinion of the other fellow must necessarily be wrong. To act in a manner that dismisses the other fellow's viewpoints out of hand is inflammatory and can be considered Trolling.

3. Even given the above, if we were to allow you to engage in this activity, we would have to allow it for all religions. This would include religions inimical to your own, such as Islam, Asatru, Wicca, and atheism; but it would also include that category of sects you call "Dangerous Cults." Naturally, if we were to allow Gaia to become a recruiting ground for cults like the Heaven's Gate or the Branch Davidians, government agencies would have us shut down right quick.

But how can we judge whether any given sect is a reasonable religion, or a Dangerous Cult? We can't; therefore, we disallow conversion activities as practiced by *any* Gaians.

Now, what you are allowed to do is to debate theological points in the discussion forums, most notably Morality & Religion. Discussion of such topics is fine, and the Proverbial advice "Come, let us reason together" can certainly lead to the soul-winning you would attempt; but outright preaching is right out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff