Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fellow gaians and moderators, I am worried about this subject, because every time I look at the rules for a particular area, chatterbox for example, it never says anything about praying for others, telling people you will pray for them, or trying to convert others to Christianity. I am worried about this because recently I made a thread titled live your life for Christ, and no more than 30 minutes a mod had deleted it, telling me not to spam gaia with religious conversions and furthor violations would result in a ban from gaia. Now I ask you if the rules don't say I can't how am I supposed to know not to? Besides my religion (actually God's religion that I have decided to follow) says Therefore go to all nations and baptise them in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost... Matt. 28: 19. Christianity is a very much established religion and the bible is God's word to us, meaning it's all true, some decide to interpret it to fit their thought, but that's them and not God. Now I'm asking if there are laws on gaia that are established against conversions, I wish I could see them so I know Gaia is against it and not just people. I know alot of people hate Christ and his followers, the Pharisees and council were part of this. But all I am trying to do is win some souls for God's sake. God made us and deservse all nations praises. All I'm doing is what Jesus told the Apostles to do, as well as anyone that follows him. So I ask were are these rules? And why is Christ being opposed?
Look, it works both ways. I'm an atheist and I don't like you people to try to convert me in my Gaia-time! If Christ wants me, he can come and get me but I'm not buying it without proof, so have you thought about that? Other users might be happy with their OTHER religions and they don't go around trying to make you follow them!
What would you think if you came across a thread that was trying to turn people so that they didn't believe in Christ, or God?

Its the same thing, going around and trying to change peoples belief can lead to a very bothersome flame war.

There is very little good that will come out of such a battle, therefore people shouldn't make those kinds of subjects.

Its all for the sake of peace, really.
Taishi88
Fellow gaians and moderators, I am worried about this subject, because every time I look at the rules for a particular area, chatterbox for example, it never says anything about praying for others, telling people you will pray for them, or trying to convert others to Christianity. I am worried about this because recently I made a thread titled live your life for Christ, and no more than 30 minutes a mod had deleted it, telling me not to spam gaia with religious conversions and furthor violations would result in a ban from gaia. Now I ask you if the rules don't say I can't how am I supposed to know not to? Besides my religion (actually God's religion that I have decided to follow) says Therefore go to all nations and baptise them in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost... Matt. 28: 19. Christianity is a very much established religion and the bible is God's word to us, meaning it's all true, some decide to interpret it to fit their thought, but that's them and not God. Now I'm asking if there are laws on gaia that are established against conversions, I wish I could see them so I know Gaia is against it and not just people. I know alot of people hate Christ and his followers, the Pharisees and council were part of this. But all I am trying to do is win some souls for God's sake. God made us and deservse all nations praises. All I'm doing is what Jesus told the Apostles to do, as well as anyone that follows him. So I ask were are these rules? And why is Christ being opposed?
Because not everyone Believe in your God. Yes I know what you will sa, He is the only God. Well, Gaia respects all religions and takes no sides on the subject. This is a public forum site and religion is not something to bring up. Please bring your evanglism somewhere else because no one wants to hear your preaching. Be it God Allah Buddah or Brama, Gaia is no the place to bring it up

God is not being opposed, respected is being acted upon.
Because it offends people and you're not allowed to post offensive material.

When you try to 'convert' (*vomit*), it's offensive and not a discussion. That's what most of the forums are here for, to discuss things.
The reason your thread was moved was because trying to convert people isn't exactly a nice thing to do. =/ Everyone already knows about christianity, and if they don't want to be a part of it, it's their choice, someone coming in and ranting about how much better their religion is probably isn't going to change their choice, no matter if you think it's the only 'right' religion out there.
If you'd want to DISCUSS religion, on the other hand, I believe there's a subforum somewhere on it, go there to talk about the subject.
neutral Atheist here, sorreh.
freak_princess
Look, it works both ways. I'm an atheist and I don't like you people to try to convert me in my Gaia-time! If Christ wants me, he can come and get me but I'm not buying it without proof, so have you thought about that? Other users might be happy with their OTHER religions and they don't go around trying to make you follow them!
Matt. 7: 19 I'm just following my religion and doing what Jesus said. Ever think that some of the people say that they are Christians (followers of Christ) might not be doing their jobs? I put God first, man second. Did God create Gaia? Or did man? I love all gaians like brothers and sisters, even if their minds store corrupt and sinful things, if Gaia wishes to oppress peoples religion they sould state so.
Because you either posted it in the wrong forum. 3nodding
enshokukitsune
The reason your thread was moved was because trying to convert people isn't exactly a nice thing to do. =/ Everyone already knows about christianity, and if they don't want to be a part of it, it's their choice, someone coming in and ranting about how much better their religion is probably isn't going to change their choice, no matter if you think it's the only 'right' religion out there.
If you'd want to DISCUSS religion, on the other hand, I believe there's a subforum somewhere on it, go there to talk about the subject.

The subforum is in Extended Discussion. But they don't like people trying to 'convert' others either.
You could always discuss your religion and others' in the Morality and Religion subforum of Extended Discussion.

Trying to convert others is not allowed there though but it's okay to talk about Christianity with people.
kariki Neroli
The subforum is in Extended Discussion. But they don't like people trying to 'convert' others either.

Yeah, that's why I put discuss in there. xd

Actually, it's not repression, it's simply trying to keep all the masses pleased, sure you can't go and preach to everyone in the chatterbox, but neither can anyone else. It's just simple respect for people that aren't of the same devoute belief as you, not saying you can never talk about it again.
[Impure]
What would you think if you came across a thread that was trying to turn people so that they didn't believe in Christ, or God?

Its the same thing, going around and trying to change peoples belief can lead to a very bothersome flame war.

There is very little good that will come out of such a battle, therefore people shouldn't make those kinds of subjects.

Its all for the sake of peace, really.
Know Jesus Know peace, No Jesus, no Peace.

We followers of Chrsit are the salt of the earth, but if the salt ever loseth it's flavour it is trappled by the world of men and is useless. Matt. 5:13

I'm not going to let my self be trappled by men... I would die for Christ the way he did for all of us, and I would rejoice in my death, because I died for Christ. Further more if aethists don't like what I'm saying take it up with God. He sent me.
Taishi88
freak_princess
Matt. 7: 19 I'm just following my religion and doing what Jesus said. Ever think that some of the people say that they are Christians (followers of Christ) might not be doing their jobs? I put God first, man second. Did God create Gaia? Or did man? I love all gaians like brothers and sisters, even if their minds store corrupt and sinful things, if Gaia wishes to oppress peoples religion they sould state so.
God did not create gaia. A group of people from southern califonia did. 3nodding Besides who gives a crap about religion i dont care about youre so you shouldent care about mine.
Taishi88
freak_princess

Look, friend (and I use that term lighgtly) please abide by the rule or go ******** yourself and die twice for the holy god of all holyness says you should. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff