Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
٠•●♥ ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ ♥●•٠·

I've always posted in some sort of way, but I'm known by my current post style, as I've been using it for the past couple of years (although sometimes in different colors, to match my avatars)
I never do anything too bright, and I don't think my posts are an eyesore.

It's easy for me to ID my posts as well, in a thread.

I used to have art flobs in my posts, but that got too obnoxious, because it made quote trees even more annoying than they were.

When I was starting out on gaia, I went the whole mile, with words and s**t as a post style.

I'm glad I grew out of that though.

Newbie Noob

11,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Magical Girl 50
        gaiarch works wonders, bro.

Gnarwhalrus's Comrade

Questionable Wrangler

I just think a lot of post styles I see are really ugly sweatdrop
there are, of course, beautiful exceptions and people who really do have good post styles.
I used to have one because it was "teh kewl" thing lol

Nerd

I think a big reason why people don't use them so often anymore is probably all the reasons stated in the op. We've moved on as a community and for the more elaborate styles it probably took too long to set up or was too much trouble to set it up.I used to have a fairly simple one that was just color,size,and boldness and even that was too much trouble for me so I can't imagine what those with all the pictures etc. would have to go through just to reply to a topic.
Yeah, I remember when I used to do fancy post styles in my younger days haha. Had it all saved automatically too. I guess as I grew up so did my taste, and I no longer found those flashy styles appealing. I prefer a more minimalistic look in my writing. Plus, there was always those few who had styles just so overwhelmingly irritating that it started to skew my opinion a bit in regards to all posting styles.

Now, I just change my font size to make what I write look more neat.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

This has been my post style for years now and I only change it rarely. Usually if I'm doing some sort of event where there are town teams, then I do my Gambino style. But other than that, I just use the tektek post style generator. Saves me the trouble of having to copy pasta every time I post.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Magnetic Shapeshifter

I used to rock bold medium blue centered text. For a long time, actually. I never did anything fancier because I'm always so wishy-washy about adding any more details to a text post... I'd change my mind a lot, so I just just stuck to the original format. What actually changed is I got a new, bright, widescreen monitor. Suddenly that blue looked obnoxious and centered text started looking funky out in the middle of the screen, so I eventually transitioned to plain side text in dark purple.

Honestly I'm okay with small images in posts and flobs that don't take up half the screen, but anything smaller than the default text is where it starts getting to be a pain to read (since I have a huge monitor)

Dangerous Lover

e ue I started to use Google chrome. The tektek toolbar has yet to be made for Chrome. I know there is GaiArch but it does not autoformat in quick replies and I love using quick reply. So, I am just too lazy. Hee hee. I use to have a post style for certain outfits or times of the year. Now? I don't even bother unless I am using Firefox.

Widower

Festive Lightbringer

12,575 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
fail to see the tragic

I... I like my post style, but I guess people think text-only footers are ugly. Oh well.

I find post styles interesting, I have yet to see an obnoxiously large one that really irks me. I do it simply because I have easy access to the feature with my handy-dandy tektek tool bar.

turn it into magic

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

I ******** LOVE post styles; Everything from the Simple to the more Extravagant and the more Elaborate. I love seeing what people come up with, and I especially love the ones with the quotes from songs or literature, or movies / shows. Sometimes I find that the quote is something that I can relate to. And yeah, sometimes I do get annoyed with a few because quite a lot of them look alike or they look like they were made from the same person but they're stuck in a different person's post.
To be honest I haven't been using post styles for too long- I only recently just started, and I'm still trying to figure out what I like best. I never knew the fun in these things until I was inspired to try it one day, and I'm glad I tried it out. I now know how people that do these things feel, and it feels awesome!

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I've always just used plain green text. o.o No fancy post styles or art or whatever. The brightly colored ones with the random sparkly graphics and huge art kind of drive me crazy.

Shadowy Loiterer

What can the harvest hope for,

I don't use over the top post styles with picture or with brightly coloured fonts, but I do use mine to convey short quotes from books or games, possibly even 2-4 lines of song lyrics at a pinch, I do think I managed to keep the post style easily identifiable from my actual post.

if not for the care of the Reaper Man?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Meromictic

So what happened? Did users get tired of setting up their posts each time? Are we finally done with that creepy giant eyed chibi art craze? Maybe everyone just got lazy? These are just some of the ideas that I can come up with.

I know for awhile people were complaining because some were so filled with crap it was hard to figure out what the actual post was about. Could that negativity have played into why not as many people create post styles anymore.
Going to the mini-shops forum, I'd say that there's still a craze for them somewhere, if people can make gold from coding post styles D:

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Slick Southpaw
Meromictic

So what happened? Did users get tired of setting up their posts each time? Are we finally done with that creepy giant eyed chibi art craze? Maybe everyone just got lazy? These are just some of the ideas that I can come up with.

I know for awhile people were complaining because some were so filled with crap it was hard to figure out what the actual post was about. Could that negativity have played into why not as many people create post styles anymore.
Going to the mini-shops forum, I'd say that there's still a craze for them somewhere, if people can make gold from coding post styles D:

User Image
User Image

Main reason I don't always use mine is because i can't install it to Gaia itself. This is a problem when posting from the app or a shitty browser.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff