Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Anabaena
I practically NEVER use the GS eyes and hair. The hair because the colors are ugly. And the eyes because... Dunno. My favorite CS eyes are simply better!

I liked that the hairstyle I'm sporting now mirrors the clouds a little.

When I do shop at SD, I have a reeeeeally hard time narrowing down a color.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
jettisoned corpse
Psh.. SOME of us don't all have every fancy item we want and/or aren't snobs who are too good for the general "anyone can afford I wont be caught dead in" gold shops. talk2hand

Lol, but seriously, I actually use the Salon off and on because I make a ton of different types of avatars all the time like cosplays or general inspiration from games/tv shows/movies etc, that I am currently into. Sadly, a lot of the fancy items don't always cater to my needs, but also because I like to dress so differently all the time, I'd rather spread my gold out among many different items instead of always into very expensive items. I get bored easily so while I do love a lot of the high quality mega million gold items, it's just not practical for me to spend all my gold on them all the time.

That is why I find the Salon so helpful. I wanted some black braided hair. Can you believe we don't have any EIs or RIG items with simple long black braided hair that comes down in the front over the chest? What the hell is up with that? Salon Durem saved the day (sorta), and it's cheap enough for me to drop down money on a new hair style at the Salon for my A.D.D. avatar needs.

Also, while the eyes may not always be the best quality in the Salon, you can actually be very creative with some of them if you're making something not human. Several of the eye makeup items combine very interesting results with some of the basic cheap eyes in the Salon, if you're willing to put some effort into finding neat combos.

lol. When I stepped foot in SD, I was wearing a lei of garlic and carrying a crucifix. And wearing a bag over my head. lol

The masquerade seems to mesh better usually with salon eyes.

Also... I heart that alien, omg itsocute.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Tragic l2abbit

I was considering the Inquisitive ones, those are really pretty.

My closet tab has the polar tear mod at the moment.
I'm debating if I should buy that or the Amour REI instead. sweatdrop

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Honestly, the only reason that I hide my Inquisitive eyes was mostly because I really wanted the lips from the Polar tears. If they would of made them separate (Lips and Eyes), I would still have the Inquisitive. 3nodding

The amour looks lovely too because of the eyeshadow and the pupil. emotion_kirakira it gives a nice realistic eye feel. : D

-~--~-

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
I haven't found a hair style that I liked enough to change to so haven't changed my base hair in years.
The last time that I changed my eyes on my avatar base was when they added the Inquisitive Eyes. xD
But for the most part I usually use wigs and eye mods for change than anything else since I have them. sweatdrop

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
[Shewolf]
Tragic l2abbit

I was considering the Inquisitive ones, those are really pretty.

My closet tab has the polar tear mod at the moment.
I'm debating if I should buy that or the Amour REI instead. sweatdrop

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Honestly, the only reason that I hide my Inquisitive eyes was mostly because I really wanted the lips from the Polar tears. If they would of made them separate (Lips and Eyes), I would still have the Inquisitive. 3nodding

The amour looks lovely too because of the eyeshadow and the pupil. emotion_kirakira it gives a nice realistic eye feel. : D

-~--~-

I just picked the PT because it's about to disappear outta the CS. If I'm patient with the amour then maybe I can buy it fairly cheap(ish).

That see straight through my skull thing was kinda weirding me out.

Vicious Reveler

I love how it says she's operating on your eyes. It's kind of freaky but makes sense, I guess?

I like using eye mods, but I don't have very many. I only have few of the cheaper ones... but they're still good fun. I love being able to colour change them quickly. I'd say I use about 50% eye mods and 50% I just have gold shop eyes. There's actually a couple in there I like now, which is awesome.

Often I keep the same style of gold shop eyes for ages when I find one I like, but I change the colour to match my outfit. Although just last week I completely changed eye style. I'm wearing those creepy dot eyes now, I like their weirdness. They go really cool under a few other things. Wearing them now. Had the cold smoulder ones, I like them best. I hardly even bother covering them up, they match all my stuff just fine.

My newb style was the guy's classic eyes yellow. I had them for over three years. Always those yellow eyes, with blue hair.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered why I don't use eye mods as much as I could... dark elf base! Some of them look really awful with the dark grey skin, so it kind of cuts down on the amount that I want to get. It's probably a good gold saver working around that XP

Sparkly Fairy

Actually i dont change mine all that often at all. I'd had my Breezy white hair for years along with the eyes id been using with it. Only recently changed my hair and eye(and color).

Wanted to use the long braid hair since thats what some of my av art used but i couldnt deal with the forehead. neutral Tried Trissa for a bit but couldnt deal with the dark shadow line on the white hair... lol. So now I have Layla style. Even though that one chunk of hair that layers over most other things kinda bothers me. As does the cropping with some hats :/ But I dont wanna spend more money I dont have to change it again lol.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Very rarely I change my eye's/hair. When I do it's because I don't have a wig/eyes in the right color that I'm trying to go for. Usually I go for the 25g stuff just because. lol

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
I almost always use wigs, but the eyes I change back and forth between the salon eyes and other eyes in the invo. Sometimes salon eyes just work better with the outfit or I just plain can't afford the eyes I really want. There's a few out there that I absolutely adore, but will not be able to afford them for long..long while.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I rarely change the base hair but I do change the eyes
on occasion nowadays. Even so, it isn't very often. I have those normal
looking eyes in black now. It was just to match an outfit I made once. XD
Because every eye mod I had didn't make sense with the outfit at all.

I don't know the names of my base eyes or hair though. I didn't know
they had names. LMAO

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I always seem to end up back with wildflower... It doesn't look right without it. I can't change my eyes now either... Just can't bring myself to do it... sweatdrop

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Vanessa still loves me because I remember to come to her when I'm doing gender changes.

I hate having derpy eyes and hair even under mods. It just bugs me for some inexplicable reason.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I used to cosplay a lot on my old account and sometimes shop eyes and hair were the only ones that worked for me. Once I stopped, the only time I changed my eyes was...never. I use the brown Wendy knock offs unless I use Runcible Spoon or the Storge eyes. I wish we'd get more eyes in our bundles when we get them. emo

Wolf

I rarely change my hair, I usually use wigs.
I change my eyes often..

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
I try to change my eyes and hair when there's an update. My favorite eyes are the sorrow eyes, they look nice with the masquerade eyelashes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff