Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Yorugami
Tragic l2abbit

Ikr?!

Agreed... rig wig is pretty. more bountiful cs wigs can be pretty nice too.
Ditto for the eyes.
I've switch to the fierce eyes teal. You can really tell with the glitch but they're pretty small. There's actually quite a few smallerish ones, colorful at that.

I recommend it. biggrin
User Image

XD The smaller eyes in the GS tend to have very tiny
lash lines...which isn't what I really like in eyes. XD
But we'll see. I love the Runcible eyes for men.
It's just right.

User Image

It's hard to resist.. a smoldering gaze. <an androgynous avi may be in my future>
RS does indeed have some nice eyes. If I had one the heterochromia set would be a bit better fit for me though.

Magic Hobo

Tragic l2abbit
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I never change eyes... I've gotten used to how big the original batch eyes are on my face, the new stuff all looks weird and beady.

Underneath this tattered guise of the god of death I have black shop hair and I am very picky about buying new shop hair. I always go with black, I tend to rotate through like four different styles with circumstances, because Gnar is usually a character and sometimes things happen that involve all his hair getting chopped off.

I have a soft-spot for the original eyes. heart

I can understand reservations about buying new hair. There's definitely a lot of styles that seem wtf?

That reminds me.... I like to have short hair that doesn't obstruct my avi for shopping (usually not the case with salon styles). I hate previewing an item and not being able to see it. Usually after I change an avi I go back to the closet and strip down to my birthday Meredith suit. Trusty Meredith. I love that red wig. smile

Having an avatar that is usually a character restricts hair a bit, the majority of hairstyles don't really fit. And some shop hairs I just don't know who they're made for... sweatdrop

And, yeah, that is the thing that I miss the most about short hair whenever I have a long style on. It's so nice to be able to see the back of an outfit when you turn around in preview.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Dan D Lie N
User Image

i switch between 2 hairstyles depending on my avi. as for eyes, i dont think i have ever changed my eyes though the shop. i only ever wear the truck stop eyes now.

speaking offfff changing eyes, remember when you had to delete your WHOLE avi just to change your eyes dramallama

I wish I could pull off an avi with the truck stop face. coffeeeeeeeeeee. xd I love those.

The other day I was not so fondly reminiscing about that. Didn't you have to delete the whole avi to change skin tones too? That's one reason why I kept those big, round, green eyes so long. I remember the yay! when they opened that tab in the shop followed by let down since there wasn't many styles to pick from anyway.

Beloved Perfectionist

Tragic l2abbit
Dan D Lie N
User Image

i switch between 2 hairstyles depending on my avi. as for eyes, i dont think i have ever changed my eyes though the shop. i only ever wear the truck stop eyes now.

speaking offfff changing eyes, remember when you had to delete your WHOLE avi just to change your eyes dramallama

I wish I could pull off an avi with the truck stop face. coffeeeeeeeeeee. xd I love those.

The other day I was not so fondly reminiscing about that. Didn't you have to delete the whole avi to change skin tones too? That's one reason why I kept those big, round, green eyes so long. I remember the yay! when they opened that tab in the shop followed by let down since there wasn't many styles to pick from anyway.

yeah i love my truck stop face.... unfortunately this glitch has made them horrid so im stuck like a ghost untill it gets fixed lol

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Tragic l2abbit
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I never change eyes... I've gotten used to how big the original batch eyes are on my face, the new stuff all looks weird and beady.

Underneath this tattered guise of the god of death I have black shop hair and I am very picky about buying new shop hair. I always go with black, I tend to rotate through like four different styles with circumstances, because Gnar is usually a character and sometimes things happen that involve all his hair getting chopped off.

I have a soft-spot for the original eyes. heart

I can understand reservations about buying new hair. There's definitely a lot of styles that seem wtf?

That reminds me.... I like to have short hair that doesn't obstruct my avi for shopping (usually not the case with salon styles). I hate previewing an item and not being able to see it. Usually after I change an avi I go back to the closet and strip down to my birthday Meredith suit. Trusty Meredith. I love that red wig. smile

Having an avatar that is usually a character restricts hair a bit, the majority of hairstyles don't really fit. And some shop hairs I just don't know who they're made for... sweatdrop

And, yeah, that is the thing that I miss the most about short hair whenever I have a long style on. It's so nice to be able to see the back of an outfit when you turn around in preview.

Hair does pose a problem with hoods and things like that. Wigs tend to be awkward a lot of times so with that sort of stuff I'm more inclined to turn more often to salon durem.

Totally. 3nodding

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Dan D Lie N

yeah i love my truck stop face.... unfortunately this glitch has made them horrid so im stuck like a ghost untill it gets fixed lol

That ghost is an awesome substitute until they do. + 1 for the glitch.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
luvvy fluffy
Sometimes when new hair or eyes come out I change my base and revolve a whole new avatar around them..or when I get bored and don't feel like spending a lot of money. I had my base hair for a REALLY long time until I swapped to a different avatar roughly a week ago.

Or when I had to use potions just recently for some achievements and it RUINED my base...I had to run in there and change them back. I have the lite white braid under this as I am impartial to long hair, especially ones that look nice with this base. My eyes are currently visible...cuz this avatar eating glitch amused me and I didn't have black eyes? nor did I want to use more money to make me more black to be eaten...

But basically if I get bored I go in there to see what nice things I can get for cheap and use them for a change in avatardom.

And my original hair and eyes? Really like...puffy dandelion white hair and really odd blue eyes? Like I can see them in my head but I do not recall their names...

I just got rid of the brown braid (lite) which I hadn't had toooo long. I can't remember why I got it..

The dandelion hair is cute. Not really sure which had I chose. It was probably pink though. smile

Beloved Perfectionist

Tragic l2abbit
Dan D Lie N

indeed. I'm really glad people are actually going with it and making avies instead of b***h b***h b***h

EDIT: i actually think i just found a way to fix it i just need to test it out

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Dan D Lie N
Tragic l2abbit
Dan D Lie N

indeed. I'm really glad people are actually going with it and making avies instead of b***h b***h b***h

EDIT: i actually think i just found a way to fix it i just need to test it out

I haven't peeked in SF to see if there was a fuss. I did venture into the AT though. Mostly crickets.

The glitch isn't really bothering me. Hopefully I'll find a fix for my eyebug.

Slumbering Tengu

Having a preferred base really stops me from going to the salon
I don't want to change my hair because it's perfect for my OC
I don't want to change my eyes because you'd never see them
and besides the ones I have underneath they are the best on all of Gaia
Kirei salon eyes > everything else talk2hand

Really if it weren't for cosplays I'd never change again
and even then it's like puling hairs now
I'm trying to hard to find wigs instead D:

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

My first actual eyes that I use to had for YEARS were the Girl's classic gray eyes.

I don't even know why I had those eyes for that color. I just, couldn't bare to change them until now.

The new eyes that I mostly change are the Inquisitive Eyes, since they appeal more to me than the ones from the salon.

However, they are hidden with the polar tears eyes as of right now. xD

-~--~-

Lavish Lunatic

I practically NEVER use the GS eyes and hair. The hair because the colors are ugly. And the eyes because... Dunno. My favorite CS eyes are simply better!

Intergalactic Recruit

Psh.. SOME of us don't all have every fancy item we want and/or aren't snobs who are too good for the general "anyone can afford I wont be caught dead in" gold shops. talk2hand

Lol, but seriously, I actually use the Salon off and on because I make a ton of different types of avatars all the time like cosplays or general inspiration from games/tv shows/movies etc, that I am currently into. Sadly, a lot of the fancy items don't always cater to my needs, but also because I like to dress so differently all the time, I'd rather spread my gold out among many different items instead of always into very expensive items. I get bored easily so while I do love a lot of the high quality mega million gold items, it's just not practical for me to spend all my gold on them all the time.

That is why I find the Salon so helpful. I wanted some black braided hair. Can you believe we don't have any EIs or RIG items with simple long black braided hair that comes down in the front over the chest? What the hell is up with that? Salon Durem saved the day (sorta), and it's cheap enough for me to drop down money on a new hair style at the Salon for my A.D.D. avatar needs.

Also, while the eyes may not always be the best quality in the Salon, you can actually be very creative with some of them if you're making something not human. Several of the eye makeup items combine very interesting results with some of the basic cheap eyes in the Salon, if you're willing to put some effort into finding neat combos.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I have to agree about the point on wanting a short hairstyle- I've just found that it's handy to have a short salon style to make it easier to see items if I want to try them on. I used to just use salon hair quite a bit, but as Gaia's come out with more & more white wigs, I haven't felt the urge to use it as much. I'd love it if they recoloured the Romantic Style in white instead of just grey, though of course then I'd be stuck with the whole issue of having long hair which can get cut off oddly.

I use gold-shop eyes most of the time- I really like the inquisitive eyes & they do quite well when I don't want a special look for an avi, but just want some eyes that fit in with my outfit. The other thing I really like about the SD eyes is that they're all correctly oriented on the base. There's nothing that I find more frustrating that liking the look of a pair of eyes & finding out they actually aren't aligned.

Whilst some styles are a bit.... unusual... there's a lot of things in there which are actually very nice & I remember on a few occasions asking a friend which item their hair was, only to find out it was an SD style.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

My first actual eyes that I use to had for YEARS were the Girl's classic gray eyes.

I don't even know why I had those eyes for that color. I just, couldn't bare to change them until now.

The new eyes that I mostly change are the Inquisitive Eyes, since they appeal more to me than the ones from the salon.

However, they are hidden with the polar tears eyes as of right now. xD

-~--~-

I was considering the Inquisitive ones, those are really pretty.

My closet tab has the polar tear mod at the moment.
I'm debating if I should buy that or the Amour REI instead. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces