Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I just realized.. I've been guilty of snubbing Salon Durem.
Actually, I was avoiding that place like the plague. The spilt ends I was hiding under all those wigs. gonk

Now that we all have these inventories full of so many lovely eye/mouth/hair/pickabodypart mods, paid in full, right in our closets -

discussDo you find yourself ignoring Vanessa too? How often do you change your base eyes/hair? Most of the time I only change when I need a certain style. If I can't find a wig, preferably one in my invo already, then I'll find something else at SD to keep it until it kinda has to be changed.

It's a shame I've been ignoring the eyes. There's really a lot of really, did I say really yet?, cool ones (colorful). I'm tempted to change periodically because it's cheap and there's too many good possibilities to pick from...mmmmmm, eyeball-y. emotion_drool

discussWhich eyes do you have/ have you been hiding? Do you change often? Can you remember your newb style? (girl's round eyes green)

- Please wait while we cut your hair ~ (i forgot all about "bookish" ) ....Now please, gimme back black. I can't cover this up with my Jinx and I don't have a polar tear to mask the crazy eye.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I don't change either all that often, but I don't actually use eye mods very often. I use wigs SLIGHTLY more often, but usually because I want a different color, not so much a different style.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

User Image
XDDDDD What? There's a salon?
Since when?

Lol just kidding.
Man...I think I change my hairstyle a lot..
but then I end up hating it anyways...so
I end up using Cash Shop Item wigs instead <<; *cough*

The hairs just don't have quite the presence of those
awesome wigs from RIGs.

Also I tend to not really like the eyes in the Salon.
:/ Usually I prefer the much smaller eyes and those
usually end up being SD Plus doll eyes which
are ridiculously expensive.

But one of these days, mental note to self, I should
really check out if the gold shop updates have made
better hair/eyes than the last time I went. XD

User Image

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Lazarus Larkin
I don't change either all that often, but I don't actually use eye mods very often. I use wigs SLIGHTLY more often, but usually because I want a different color, not so much a different style.

I'm sure there are a lot out there, but it seems to me that just like with most items in general, the majority of eye mods are 'girl'y'. I've never really had much experience dressing the male base so I don't know for sure. I would probably be more inclined to pick a couple of favorites... I do that now but inter-invo. It's just more convenient to slap on a mod than it is to go shopping.

In defense of wigs - I don't wanna come off anti-plastic gaia barbies/kens...
wow, there's so many. so pretty. so tempting.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Tragic l2abbit
Lazarus Larkin

I'm sure there are a lot out there, but it seems to me that just like with most items in general, the majority of eye mods are 'girl'y'. I've never really had much experience dressing the male base so I don't know for sure. I would probably be more inclined to pick a couple of favorites... I do that now but inter-invo. It's just more convenient to slap on a mod than it is to go shopping.

You might be right. I like these eyes a lot, and they're (newish) salon eyes.

Man-Hungry Vegetarian

I'm actually using my default hair 3nodding
To be honest, though, I'd actually prefer using this wig that I ended up selling, but that's ok.
My default eyes are the black Wendy knockoffs. I use them a lot too, just not right now.
Oh, and I haven't changed my base hair ever since I changed to this hair, which was when I joined.
I've only changed my eyes once as well.
I don't like any of the newer styles in the salon :c

Wintry Dragon

I think it was several years since I last changed my hair. I've only changed my hair once since 04 and I have never changed my base eyes since I really loved the ones I got way back then. I guess I'm guilty of not patronizing the SD.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Yorugami
User Image
XDDDDD What? There's a salon?
Since when?

Lol just kidding.
Man...I think I change my hairstyle a lot..
but then I end up hating it anyways...so
I end up using Cash Shop Item wigs instead <<; *cough*

The hairs just don't have quite the presence of those
awesome wigs from RIGs.

Also I tend to not really like the eyes in the Salon.
:/ Usually I prefer the much smaller eyes and those
usually end up being SD Plus doll eyes which
are ridiculously expensive.

But one of these days, mental note to self, I should
really check out if the gold shop updates have made
better hair/eyes than the last time I went. XD

User Image

Ikr?!

Agreed... rig wig is pretty. more bountiful cs wigs can be pretty nice too.
Ditto for the eyes.
I've switch to the fierce eyes teal. You can really tell with the glitch but they're pretty small. There's actually quite a few smallerish ones, colorful at that.

I recommend it. biggrin

Magic Hobo

I never change eyes... I've gotten used to how big the original batch eyes are on my face, the new stuff all looks weird and beady.

Underneath this tattered guise of the god of death I have black shop hair and I am very picky about buying new shop hair. I always go with black, I tend to rotate through like four different styles with circumstances, because Gnar is usually a character and sometimes things happen that involve all his hair getting chopped off.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Tragic l2abbit

Ikr?!

Agreed... rig wig is pretty. more bountiful cs wigs can be pretty nice too.
Ditto for the eyes.
I've switch to the fierce eyes teal. You can really tell with the glitch but they're pretty small. There's actually quite a few smallerish ones, colorful at that.

I recommend it. biggrin
User Image

XD The smaller eyes in the GS tend to have very tiny
lash lines...which isn't what I really like in eyes. XD
But we'll see. I love the Runcible eyes for men.
It's just right.

User Image

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Lazarus Larkin
Tragic l2abbit
Lazarus Larkin

You might be right. I like these eyes a lot, and they're (newish) salon eyes.

I like em. They're a little mischievous whee

When I looked, I saw a lot of nice styles I'd never noticed before.
Post-hiatus time for awhile afterwards is like: Ooh, piece of candy! Ooh, piece of candy!

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Mr WonderfuI
I'm actually using my default hair 3nodding
To be honest, though, I'd actually prefer using this wig that I ended up selling, but that's ok.
My default eyes are the black Wendy knockoffs. I use them a lot too, just not right now.
Oh, and I haven't changed my base hair ever since I changed to this hair, which was when I joined.
I've only changed my eyes once as well.
I don't like any of the newer styles in the salon :c

Wow, ever? I couldn't manage it.
I know a lot of people have a set base look but I like to vary based on each avatar. That's not to say I won't do it for awhile if I get favorites, it's just not mandatory.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I never change eyes... I've gotten used to how big the original batch eyes are on my face, the new stuff all looks weird and beady.

Underneath this tattered guise of the god of death I have black shop hair and I am very picky about buying new shop hair. I always go with black, I tend to rotate through like four different styles with circumstances, because Gnar is usually a character and sometimes things happen that involve all his hair getting chopped off.

I have a soft-spot for the original eyes. heart

I can understand reservations about buying new hair. There's definitely a lot of styles that seem wtf?

That reminds me.... I like to have short hair that doesn't obstruct my avi for shopping (usually not the case with salon styles). I hate previewing an item and not being able to see it. Usually after I change an avi I go back to the closet and strip down to my birthday Meredith suit. Trusty Meredith. I love that red wig. smile

Beloved Perfectionist

User Image

i switch between 2 hairstyles depending on my avi. as for eyes, i dont think i have ever changed my eyes though the shop. i only ever wear the truck stop eyes now.

speaking offfff changing eyes, remember when you had to delete your WHOLE avi just to change your eyes dramallama

Omnipresent Cat

15,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Sometimes when new hair or eyes come out I change my base and revolve a whole new avatar around them..or when I get bored and don't feel like spending a lot of money. I had my base hair for a REALLY long time until I swapped to a different avatar roughly a week ago.

Or when I had to use potions just recently for some achievements and it RUINED my base...I had to run in there and change them back. I have the lite white braid under this as I am impartial to long hair, especially ones that look nice with this base. My eyes are currently visible...cuz this avatar eating glitch amused me and I didn't have black eyes? nor did I want to use more money to make me more black to be eaten...

But basically if I get bored I go in there to see what nice things I can get for cheap and use them for a change in avatardom.

And my original hair and eyes? Really like...puffy dandelion white hair and really odd blue eyes? Like I can see them in my head but I do not recall their names...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff