Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wily Streaker

The Philosopher's Caches now have a chance to drop the charms. Even ones that existed before the GoFusion update! As far as is currently know right now the only charm that has been dropped so far is the Heart Charm. It is a rare drop!

The numbers:

Previously:

During the first night of the release of Heart Charms into the Philosopher's Cache drop pool there was much speculation about the drop rate rising or lowering. Out of data sample of 19,674 caches opened during that time a number of 277 Heart Charms were dropped. Giving a 1.41% Drop Rate.

During the first night there was also a glitch which caused the Philosopher's Caches to stop dropping Heart Charms. I attempted to comb through and remove all data samples effected by the glitch to the best of my ability. This left a total sample of 14,909 Caches opened with an unchanged 277 Heart Charms dropped. This calculated to equal a 1.68% Drop Rate.

Current and updated numbers:

Gathering samples that were reported from the moment that the Heart Charms returned to the Philosopher's Cache's drop pool to this current time of 5:33 EST on July 18. A total number of 44,680 Philosopher's Caches were opened. Out if that, 1010 Heart Charms were dropped. This calculates to equal an estimated 2.26% Drop Rate.

(1010 Heart Charms received) / (44,680 Caches opened) = 0.022605 = 2.26% Drop Rate

Disclaimer

The drop rate listed above is just an approximation based of the data samples reported by fellow Gaians in this thread. It is not 100% accurate.

Speculation:

It is commonly believed and accepted that the drop rate of the Heart Charm was dropped after the first night and glitch were fixed but given the fact that the second data sample pool was twice the size of the first and had no problems with the first night glitch it shows that the Drop Rate has actually risen. This could be fore any number of reasons including me possibly having missed data samples effected by the glitch. Or we're just getting luckier and haven't realized it yet.

Note!
When you open a Philosopher's Cache you will either be rewarded one of the colored caches OR one of the Charms. The charm is not received as an item from the colored caches that come from the Philosopher's Cache.
If you do receive a heart charm as a grant this will be displayed:
User Image

Useful information!

In the Aquamarine Caches received by the Philosopher's Cache is an item called Fail. It is worth 10,000 gold if you sell it back to the store for gold.
Also
In the Emerald Cache received by the Philosopher's Cache is an item called Shark's Blood. It is worth 5,000 gold if you sell it back to the store for gold.

Current status!
Online and loitering.
If you receive a Star Charm or a Diamond Charm from a Philosopher's Cache please PM me. A screenshot of it would be lovely as well.

It has been confirmed by many that you can receive Heart Charms through caches.
Please let me know if you have received a Star or Diamond Charm from a Cache.

Spoons:
Will you be participating in GoFusion?
Did having charms in the caches save this event in your eyes?
Would you like to have seen the charms elsewhere?
The drop rate has risen even though it is widely believed that it had dropped. How?

Summery Seeker

I've never opened a cache before, so I don't know what I'm doing. Would the charm show up in the list of items you can pick? sweatdrop

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Count_Whiskers

Spoons:
Will you be participating in this event?

Define 'event'. If you mean the Gold Sink, probably not. I'm not convinced yet that this feature deserves to exist, so I'm not going to support it yet. If you meant GoFusion as a whole, go look up the definition of 'event' because this isn't one. And I don't know yet. It depends on how easy it is to get Charms without paying Gaia Cash for them.

It hasn't 'saved' GoFusion yet. It's just made it possible for the feature to be saved. We'll see.

By the way, I maintain a thread in the Alchemy forum that's been keeping track of the Philosopher's Cache's contents for two years. I will be keeping track of this as well, even though it's not Alchemy-related, because it's part of what's in the Cache now.

Wily Streaker

neatflocks
I've never opened a cache before, so I don't know what I'm doing. Would the charm show up in the list of items you can pick? sweatdrop
When you open a Philosopher's Cache you will either receive the Charm directly or a colored alchemy cache. If you see a list of items you did not receive a charm 3nodding

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I hope this is a permanent change and not just for the event, it makes go fusion possible for those who don't spend cash.

Wily Streaker

Platonix
Count_Whiskers

Spoons:
Will you be participating in this event?

Define 'event'. If you mean the Gold Sink, probably not. I'm not convinced yet that this feature deserves to exist, so I'm not going to support it yet. If you meant GoFusion as a whole, go look up the definition of 'event' because this isn't one. And I don't know yet. It depends on how easy it is to get Charms without paying Gaia Cash for them.

It hasn't 'saved' GoFusion yet. It's just made it possible for the feature to be saved. We'll see.

By the way, I maintain a thread in the Alchemy forum that's been keeping track of the Philosopher's Cache's contents for two years. I will be keeping track of this as well, even though it's not Alchemy-related, because it's part of what's in the Cache now.
My apologies for the wording. This is literally my first post in the GCD forum ever. I created this thread in the GoFusion forum and felt that it would be helpful to the gaian who would prefer to lurk here.

Please feel free to exchange any information that you have with me. My thread will be specifically focusing on the return rate on charms from the caches and not the caches themselves. I have people posting their results in my thread on the GoFusion forum board and will gladly share their results with you! Gaians working together! blaugh

Wily Streaker

buncy
I hope this is a permanent change and not just for the event, it makes go fusion possible for those who don't spend cash.
These are my hopes aswell or else I feel that GoFusion will be another failure in my own personal opinion.

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Count_Whiskers
buncy
These are my hopes aswell or else I feel that GoFusion will be another failure in my own personal opinion.

well locking people out of a feature right off the bat isn't a smart move, and if a user gets a charm form a cache or a gift box they can also sell it and make a bit of gold for themselves.
I won't be participating in GoFusion. I just don't have the cash or gold to spend. I like the idea though.

Wily Streaker

buncy
Count_Whiskers
buncy

well locking people out of a feature right off the bat isn't a smart move, and if a user gets a charm form a cache or a gift box they can also sell it and make a bit of gold for themselves.
That's actually what I foresee a lot of users doing. Caches are very cheap and considering people are buying heart charms for 200mill+, newer users stand to gain some gold.

bensolos's Queen

Star-Crossed Partner

27,315 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Married 100
gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright
it's good that they're making gold an option here, but to put a little insight into the idea of getting charms from the caches:
i've seen people posting that they got a charm after opening like 4-5 caches, but that seems like a best-case scenario. i had 80 in my inventory, i've opened 45 of them and not gotten any charms.
it might be an option but the odds are still really stacked against you, seems like.

Wily Streaker

Darling Lady
it's good that they're making gold an option here, but to put a little insight into the idea of getting charms from the caches:
i've seen people posting that they got a charm after opening like 4-5 caches, but that seems like a best-case scenario. i had 80 in my inventory, i've opened 45 of them and not gotten any charms.
it might be an option but the odds are still really stacked against you, seems like.
From all the data that I've collected the average so far seems to be 2-4 charms per 100 caches. I've had reports of 0 as well as reports of up to 6 so far.

bensolos's Queen

Star-Crossed Partner

27,315 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Married 100
Count_Whiskers
Darling Lady
From all the data that I've collected the average so far seems to be 2-4 charms per 100 caches. I've had reports of 0 as well as reports of up to 6 so far.

well there you go--i mean as glad as i am that they've made this accessible to gold-only users, it still....leaves a lot to be desired. :/

Wily Streaker

Darling Lady
Count_Whiskers
Darling Lady

well there you go--i mean as glad as i am that they've made this accessible to gold-only users, it still....leaves a lot to be desired. :/
Yes it does but we've yet to unlock more items. I'm hoping that the "common" items will be heart charms only and not be terrible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff