Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Cutie-Pie

Lazarus Larkin
Quibuz
@ Lazarus Larkin .... I have a life lesson for you:

Before claiming someone's suggestions for improvement will not work ...
User Image
... and then suggest better ideas of improvement.

I DID think. And I posted exactly why I don't think it would work.

I don't' think any of your suggestions are remotely feasible or practical, and I think that the ONLY valid point you've made in this entire thread is that mods sometimes have differing ideas of what breaks the TOS and what doesn't.

You're also under the very mistaken assumption that Gaia is mostly young teens, I notice. Most of the GCD is over 20. Many of us are over 30.

Actually, no, from my perspective, you haven't posted any reasons that it would not work. All you've done is contradict across several pages of this thread. To say something like, "it won't work," is just contradiction that doesn't contribute to an attempt to discuss a solution and could be seen as badgering.

As well, you misconstrue facts when you say, "You're also under the very mistaken assumption that Gaia is mostly young teens, I notice. Most of the GCD is over 20. Many of us are over 30." You are assuming that the GCD--one small corner of Gaia Online--is a good reflection of the diversity of Gaia Online.

Please offer suggestions, not criticism and contradiction.
If a parent is scoping out Gaia and sees the phrase "PG-13" and stops right there, giving the site the green light without further investigation, then that's poor parenting. Most of the things you're complaining about, particularly regarding language, hover in the grey areas of moderating that are left to the individual moderator's discretion. If a parent/legal guardian has more conservative values than shades of grey permit then it is their responsibility to see those values practiced in the home.

With regards to nudity and gore, I do agree that there is sometimes a lapse in time between reports and action. However, I understand the reason that happens with regards to moderator availability, proper reporting from Gaians, etc. etc. I do not believe that Gaia could afford to pay full time moderators to the extent that you're suggesting; they do the best they can with their volunteers.

And if I may go offtopic a second... dude, using your own mule to try to defend your arguments?
Lord Coolman55a
Weak. As a mule account myself, I can spot the signs. Gold store clothes with no sense of personal style or flair, just a not naked/ not starter outfit mentality? Empty profile with no comments, friends, or personal touches like a filled in "about me" section or a wishlist? No activity in the last month except to jump into this thread and before that minimal activity in event forums? Stop it.
Mr. Pierce
If a parent is scoping out Gaia and sees the phrase "PG-13" and stops right there, giving the site the green light without further investigation, then that's poor parenting. Most of the things you're complaining about, particularly regarding language, hover in the grey areas of moderating that are left to the individual moderator's discretion. If a parent/legal guardian has more conservative values than shades of grey permit then it is their responsibility to see those values practiced in the home.

With regards to nudity and gore, I do agree that there is sometimes a lapse in time between reports and action. However, I understand the reason that happens with regards to moderator availability, proper reporting from Gaians, etc. etc. I do not believe that Gaia could afford to pay full time moderators to the extent that you're suggesting; they do the best they can with their volunteers.

And if I may go offtopic a second... dude, using your own mule to try to defend your arguments?
Lord Coolman55a
Weak. As a mule account myself, I can spot the signs. Gold store clothes with no sense of personal style or flair, just a not naked/ not starter outfit mentality? Empty profile with no comments, friends, or personal touches like a filled in "about me" section or a wishlist? No activity in the last month except to jump into this thread and before that minimal activity in event forums? Stop it.

as gaia can confirm i do not own mule accounts. stare
Mr. Pierce

Lord Coolman55a

Mule--no! I created this account last fall in a probably futile effort to get Gaia to reset my password on my old account after a 2-year ban ended. (The password reset system needs to be changed.) I got the ban because someone wouldn't stop dumping her bf problems on me. I wanted to be left alone, so I stupidly told her I was 11, when I was really 13. I got a 2-year ban on an account with a lot of collectible stuff. So why invest much time or $$$ on this account now? I guess I should thank you for stalking me--I've changed my settings now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff