Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Considering that there has been a petition or two asking for a pet system on Gaia for years now, it makes sense why the staff would finally be working on one. I in all honesty am curious to see how they work it and integrate it within the rest of the site.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
Enchanted Blue
Hmm what if the rig pets became the pets? Then maybe their ridiculous prices would actually be justified.

User Image

See, I was actually curious about how these new pets would affect RIG pets. On one hand, the RIG pets have a lot of variety and were supposed to be a big prize (which "justified" their rarity and price). But these new pets will possibly devalue them with whatever features they make. A possible work-around is possibly being able to "transform" previous pets into these new ones or something. IDK. I would just imagine that maybe some people would want their favorite RIG pet as their official pet as well.

I don't know how I feel about a new pet system. I never really got into Neopets and Nintendogs bored me after 5 minutes. If this new pet system has some pretty good features that integrates the pets with other parts of the site (ex. I really like the idea of your pet following you in Towns 2 for walkies emotion_kirakira ) and of course how the pets look/variety of pets, I could be okay with it. I'm more kind of surprise they're going into a new feature/system instead of expanding the Animated Evolving Pets, since I thought Silver Bells did well. emotion_sweatdrop

Reindeer

i really want pets D8

Man-Hungry Vegetarian

I'd only use the pet system if they're like Silver Bells and if they help us around Towns collecting stuff. Unless those two are fulfilled, I wouldn't lay my hands on it.

If I wanted to have a virtual pet, I'd just go to Neopets. Even then, I don't like Neopets...

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
Augg I dont even care what the pets will be like as long as we get some big dog breeds, and not freaking puppies with giant heads. *shivers*
Also we need bunnies.

Fluffy Fatcat

14,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
well if its part of the new games that are coming i wouldnt mind
I wanted something other but more fluffy cute items would be good too...and a game a game with them.A multiplayer game like omgpop games >.> something to play with our friends and ways to chat with.
I dont need new pet i need a new meebo bar >.>
But hey if we do have to have new pet system i prefer cats biggrin jus saying rolleyes

Neat Friend

3,700 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Befriended 100
Ribbit Ribbit...pets? Could be fun. Also it probably would be optional, so if it didn't appeal to you, you wouldn't have to use the feature. Gaia seems to be cool like that about most things. Ribbit, not sure what kind of pet I'd like though.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Perhaps the dragons event was some sort of foreshadowing to the new system. Or the opposite, that the poll foreshadowed the event.

Enduring Seeker

13,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
Considering that some kids needed therapy after their Tamagotchi's kicked the virtual bucket, I can't see pets with limited lifespans being a great idea... or will Gaia be using the old "gone to live on a farm" line instead?

Also, fish don't count. They die all the time. ~noms fish and chips~

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
Hmm what if the rig pets became the pets? Then maybe their ridiculous prices would actually be justified.

Fashionable Vampire

Apparently, the pet system might be coming out soon?

Discovered this in the Hot Topics area:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/dragons-be-here/f.1009/

Professional Novice

Z0MGWTFL0L
User Image

I think aquariums failed as a pet system but if you think about it, in real life you can have fish and you don't sit there showing them off really. If the pet system is like the aquarium, I'm sure they'll have minigames you can play and ways to earn gold.
Also, it would be pretty cool if I could go into towns and have my pet help me collect bugs, trash, and gold because some of those bugs get annoying trying to catch.

User Image
User Image
I see Booty Grab... with cats. "p***y Grab" perhaps?

I can't believe I typed that. xD

Liberal Smoker

User Image

I think aquariums failed as a pet system but if you think about it, in real life you can have fish and you don't sit there showing them off really. If the pet system is like the aquarium, I'm sure they'll have minigames you can play and ways to earn gold.
Also, it would be pretty cool if I could go into towns and have my pet help me collect bugs, trash, and gold because some of those bugs get annoying trying to catch.

User Image

Shy Gaian

I'd have cats... all cats... They could be put in our houses! A another reason to use the housing system!
I'd like it, but just like the pet games on facebook they'd end up being neglected...

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
There's no way they'll make a pet that does anything in zOMG. they already made companions in zOMG that do nothing except exist near you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff