Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Regular

the only way that pets could be a quite succesful feature and will help towns 2 is that
you can only visit them thru your towns 2 house
and you can make them go outside with you and do stuff like a walk or something

also it will help you get stuff lying around

Original Survivor

Ninja Katze
Winter Hue
Wait a tic... didn't Aquariums fail as a pet system?
So instead of letting our aquatic virtual pets, we are going to have perishable land animals?

... Joy.

They also will make you clean up their various messes. At least I never had to clean the fish tank. Maybe it will be a mini game kind of thing like nintendogs.

I recall someone saying they would like to see that Scrubbles game from Ocean Party to be a Aquarium Mini-game and Kenny said he liked the idea and would pass it around.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Meromictic
Tiaramisuu
I think theyre trying to draw
in that demograophic of neopet users now.
Theyre a good source of income

13 to 15 year olds are a good source of income because they don't have any real monetary obligations.

Unlike all the 20/30 somethings on the site now that only spend money here when they can afford it.

Nah, we have more money money because, you know...jobs and that.

I still go on Neopets and all the crazy people who spend thousands seem to be mums and dads eek

It's shocking how much people are willing to spend for s**t on Neopets, there are people with every cash item ever released and those who pay $70 a year just to have an extra pet.
It'd be great if Gaia could tap into that market but it's a tricky one. Lots of sites have tried to immitate Neopets but they've never been very successful.

I can see that if Gaia ever did a 'pet system' then it'd be closer to Moshi Monsters (you'll know what that is if you have kids, lol) than Neopets.

Ladykiller

I'm down for it. I think I'd be more willing to use it if we could have them next to our avatars. Maybe that's why I didn't really get into Aquariums. Out of sight, out of mind. sweatdrop If they were animated that would be even cooler, but I imagine that would have all sorts of technical issues.

AND IF THEY GAVE US LLAMAS OH BOY WOULD I BE ON THAT.

Lavish Lunatic

Reminds me of the aquariums. It will fail.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Dickie Twinkles
Meromictic
Tiaramisuu
I think theyre trying to draw
in that demograophic of neopet users now.
Theyre a good source of income

13 to 15 year olds are a good source of income because they don't have any real monetary obligations.

Unlike all the 20/30 somethings on the site now that only spend money here when they can afford it.

Nah, we have more money money because, you know...jobs and that.

I still go on Neopets and all the crazy people who spend thousands seem to be mums and dads eek

It's shocking how much people are willing to spend for s**t on Neopets, there are people with every cash item ever released and those who pay $70 a year just to have an extra pet.
It'd be great if Gaia could tap into that market but it's a tricky one. Lots of sites have tried to immitate Neopets but they've never been very successful.

I can see that if Gaia ever did a 'pet system' then it'd be closer to Moshi Monsters (you'll know what that is if you have kids, lol) than Neopets.

We might make money but we have other obligations on how we spend it.

For example, say I get $200 as a gift for w/e reason. My first thought would be to use it for bills, food, or clothing. If there is any extra, I might give Gaia $50 of that.

If a 13 year old is given $200. If Gaia had some RIG or what have you out that they really liked, they could easily blow all $200 on Gaia without a second thought. Why? Because their parents pay for all their food. They don't have bills. And they're going to hit a growth spurt eventually so mom and/or dad will take them out shopping for the latest trends anyways.

At that age, money is just viewed differently in most cases.

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
              If you don't want to bother with pets, thats fine. I'm pretty sure they'll make it opt out, but there are loads of other people who have been dying for this feature. I honestly won't care too much, unless they release a lamb/sheep pet. And I don't mean some moga like monster that is styled like a sheep.. I mean a normal sheep. emotion_donotwant

User Image

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I wouldn't mind something like that, I can't imagine it will be mandatory. It's not like you are forced to have anything to do with your aquarium if you don't want to.

Fiendish Heckler

17,450 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Trick or Treat 100
I'd want two Crows.

I'd name them Russ L. Crow and Cher L. Crow.

emotion_facepalm

Devoted Heckler

Raye Darkwater
I'd want two Crows.

emotion_facepalm

Those puns caused me physical pain.
ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR ACTIONS, YOUNG LADY? scream

Now I want a pet system just so that others may have to experience this torment too.

Go forth and use your powers for evil!

Fiendish Heckler

17,450 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Trick or Treat 100
Fanny Flaps
Raye Darkwater
I'd want two Crows.

emotion_facepalm

Those puns caused me physical pain.
ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR ACTIONS, YOUNG LADY? scream

Now I want a pet system just so that others may have to experience this torment too.

Go forth and use your powers for evil!
twisted Muahahahahaha!!

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
KaylaGalela
They should be able to follow you around Towns, like the zOMG buddies. Other than that, I don't know.

We already have that in Zomg
So I guess

Kawaii Carnivore

iymcool

This site needs more ferrets. emotion_donotwant

Oh god , yes . I approve of this .

And as in pet system, I don 't mind , but I am sure we will only get super-annoying-normal-boring -pets like cats , cats and cats and rabbits and again cats and dogs and wolves and yet again cats.

What pets I 'd like to see :
-Ravens .
-Parrots .
- Monkeys .
-Sloths .
-Lemurs .
-Bats.
-Turtles.
- Unicorns.

And the pets could eat your head in a very very gruesome way if you forget to feed it/brush it/pet it/whatever emotion_dowant .
That ' d be the ultimate shame .

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

From a business perspective it's a good idea. Though, I wonder what you could do with this pet. I guess walk around in Towns, and someone else mentioned wanting your animal to help you in zOMG.

I would have several animals, from dog to dragon. Though if I can get horse and I can't ride it I'm flipping out.

Magnetic Lunatic

I wouldn't mind a pet system but they better not die. That'd just make me sad and I'd avoid it for that alone.

I also hope they don't make it purely cash driven like the aquariums are. I know some things are going to be, but seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff