Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Lunatic

Meromictic
The Drunken Jester
Pretty sure this will be their 3rd attempt at this.

First Evolving items. Then Aquariums. And now whatever they intend to do now.

I'm not convinced that Gaia really WANTS pets.... I just think HQ wants another profitable cash cow.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What I would want to see is something that uses both cash and gold and it generates items.

Like, the pet shop would consist of different animals and the "premium" animals would cost cash while there could be less exciting animals for gold. The type of food used could be done the same way too. Better food costs cash instead of gold. And if you use the better food/toys, you have a decent chance at getting a "rare" item. Kind of like how our RIGs are tiered but we control the odds in a way. To create that feeling that our pet is with us, it could be sitting next to us on the header. So that way these pets will not be confused with the pets we already have. But it could be animated in the header so that if it needed something, it could do something to show it.

That's too good an idea. Gaia'll never do it.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Drunken Jester
Meromictic
The Drunken Jester
Pretty sure this will be their 3rd attempt at this.

First Evolving items. Then Aquariums. And now whatever they intend to do now.

I'm not convinced that Gaia really WANTS pets.... I just think HQ wants another profitable cash cow.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What I would want to see is something that uses both cash and gold and it generates items.

Like, the pet shop would consist of different animals and the "premium" animals would cost cash while there could be less exciting animals for gold. The type of food used could be done the same way too. Better food costs cash instead of gold. And if you use the better food/toys, you have a decent chance at getting a "rare" item. Kind of like how our RIGs are tiered but we control the odds in a way. To create that feeling that our pet is with us, it could be sitting next to us on the header. So that way these pets will not be confused with the pets we already have. But it could be animated in the header so that if it needed something, it could do something to show it.

That's too good an idea. Gaia'll never do it.

I know. crying

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm interested to see just what they have in mind. I'll give it a shot.

Destructive Bunny

Hmm kinda reminds me of early evolving items. You know like the polar bear one where it grows bit by bit each week. xd

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Personally, I'd love to see a type of pet system implemented, even a super simple one.
I already like that Gaia is a completely different type of world. Pets just make sense.

I'm grateful enough for the adorable pet items we're given. Many of the kitties have completed my avis.
Seeing animal items go even just one step further would be pretty interesting.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
We shall have to wait and see if it is even a thing or if DJ is just messing with us. I think the idea of it could actually be beneficial to gaia if they are smart about it and find ways for users to spend gcash through the use of special toys/cages/treats etc.

It would be nice if they used the aquariums as an example and included a mini-game to increase popularity and make it so you can earn a bit back instead of sinking all your coin into it with only the pet itself as compensation.

I also hope the pet selection is taken from existing animals in the gaia world/item database. Dogs and cats and rabbits are all nice but it would be better if they were more site related. Also omg pet or grunny pet would be sweet.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of my avatar owning a virtual pet.

I don't want that kind of responsibility.
gonk

Sparkling Senshi

12,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I would love to see lots of little bunnies. I especially want to see a little Dutch.
When aquarium had first came out, I was a little disappointed that we did not get much of a choice on other types pets. So, I would love to see a pet system be established.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I wouldn't mind.
I'd buy all the cute little kittens emotion_kirakira

Feline Bookworm

I would love it and it would give me even more reason to
log on every day so I could feed it and interact with it.
It'd definitely increase user activity in some areas, I think.
How they would implement it though, remains to be seen.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
if i can get items for my avatar from pets that is cool otherwise i dont care

qtpiebry's Wife

HAIRLESS CAT PLEASE!
emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira

Bald is beautiful too..

More bats would be nice too.
3nodding
You can never have enough bats.
From a business perspective I can see how this would benefit them if done correctly. From a user's POV I'm seeing.. lots of bugs, glitches and still no fixes for all the other ideas GO has had, but never really finished.

I'm seeing some disappointment in my future.
I'm interested in the idea just because I love when new features come out, even if they don't necessarily hold my interest for long. However, I'm hopeful that whatever they decide to do with the pet idea it will be different from what we've seen on other sites such as neopets. I would love maybe even a sort of pokemon theme, similar to Gaia's Monster Galaxy, except more a part of our avatars and Gaia itself rather than confined to a singular game. So maybe our pets evolve, and if we feed it/play with it it learns abilities and maybe we can battle other users pets, or just hang out with other users pets to gain more happiness, etc. Just a thought for what would appeal to me.

Also, I'm sure Gaia would come out with some 'badass' pets in addition to the standard cute ones, since dragon was an option in the poll (and which I myself chose since my mind immediately went to Game of Thrones).

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
If it could be integrated with other parts of the site, a pet system COULD be interesting. Like, getting exclusive prizes for taking good care of your pets. Or having them drop alchemy ingredients once in a while, depending on the animal. (like pet birds would drop feathers, that kind of stuff)

If it could be done, I'd like a CUSTOMIZABLE pet system. It would fit in with the rest of the site, the whole "do what you want" thing. Like, you get to choose from different bodies and heads, then you can add on other things like wings, tails, ears, noses, eyes, fins. Choosing patterns and colors, picking between fur, scales, and feathers, claws vs. flippers vs. paws, and more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff