Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Is it wrong of me to think that when the pet system was mentioned, my first thought was if it would tie into alchemy? Like if the pet would poop out components (unicorn poop is a component that you can get out of a Cache by the way), or if it would be possible to harvest components like maybe horns, nail clippings, scales, or even to shear off fur (since, you know, alpaca).

I'm going to show willing and try this out if/when it happens.

Moonlight Mage

10,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
Winter Hue
Wait a tic... didn't Aquariums fail as a pet system?
So instead of letting our aquatic virtual pets die, we are going to have perishable land animals?

... Joy.

"Hey congrazzles! Your dead [insert pet type] left you a gift before being euthanized! O U O"

PS: This is a joke post. User Image

I totally had a legit laugh out loud moment at this. I was thinking the same thing.

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

EAGLE emotion_dowant must have eagle, but yeah if they are going to die constantly, ffffffffffffff****kkk that, they should aid us in ZOMG and fetch gold for us by doing mini quest for us or something, have it go somewhere on gaia, then come back and

Admin: Your pet as returned with [insert gold/item here], congrazzless *confettii*
and give you a special reward the day you joined and the day of your birth and when it dies, if applicable, it leaves a mystery egg of some other kind of pet you can trade or sell for a better pet.

but plz no moga battles this isnt pokemon or such

Blackie my deceased Australasian Shepard

Rusty (german shepard + labrador mix) with blackie

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

User Image

Slick Southpaw
...honestly my first thought was another release of animated evolving items. sweatdrop

emo I want my wiggly snake.
i could see that with you, it's your trademark

"I am lightning, the rain transformed..."

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
Tchya, I want pets! I want an Axylotl, please Gaia! emotion_dowant

Hesitant Mystic

if I can't equip them I don't want them. emotion_donotwant

Honestly I've never been that big into pet systems...I don't even use our various equippable pets that much....or, ever. Now that I think about it.

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I don't want pets on Gaia. That's what I have an account on Subeta and Neopets for.

neutral

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I Asche I
I don't want pets on Gaia. That's what I have an account on Subeta and Neopets for.

neutral

subeta is still around?

I'm slightly shocked by this.

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
Meromictic
subeta is still around?

I'm slightly shocked by this.

Yup. emotion_yatta

The biggest draw, for me, are the user-made items.
Especially the Pokemon ones

Adephi's Significant Otter

Pet system? We have a pet system, it's called aquariums. It's terrible. And we have plenty of equippable pets as is. I really don't think we need any more.

Reveler

I'm sure someone has all ready pointed this out.
but we all ready have a pet system: aquariums?

/awkward the person posting just before me mentioned it.

Tipsy Lunatic

Pretty sure this will be their 3rd attempt at this.

First Evolving items. Then Aquariums. And now whatever they intend to do now.

I'm not convinced that Gaia really WANTS pets.... I just think HQ wants another profitable cash cow.

Dedicated Seeker

I don't really like the idea of pets. I mean, we have a s**t ton of companion pet items, we really don't need ones we need to take care of. We aren't all a bunch of twelve year olds.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I would like to have a pet that if I attended to each day then Bam! Full fledged new awesome pet for my avatar. And if you forget to feed it one day, it just means you'll have to wait another day to get it. razz

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Drunken Jester
Pretty sure this will be their 3rd attempt at this.

First Evolving items. Then Aquariums. And now whatever they intend to do now.

I'm not convinced that Gaia really WANTS pets.... I just think HQ wants another profitable cash cow.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What I would want to see is something that uses both cash and gold and it generates items.

Like, the pet shop would consist of different animals and the "premium" animals would cost cash while there could be less exciting animals for gold. The type of food used could be done the same way too. Better food costs cash instead of gold. And if you use the better food/toys, you have a decent chance at getting a "rare" item. Kind of like how our RIGs are tiered but we control the odds in a way. To create that feeling that our pet is with us, it could be sitting next to us on the header. So that way these pets will not be confused with the pets we already have. But it could be animated in the header so that if it needed something, it could do something to show it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff