11-14 years old 0.021231422505308 2.1% [ 10 ]
15-22 years old 0.25477707006369 25.5% [ 120 ]
23-28 years old 0.47770700636943 47.8% [ 225 ]
29+ years old 0.22717622080679 22.7% [ 107 ]
Total Votes:[ 471 ]
This poll closed on June 13, 2015.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Okay, so this topic is to ask how many people who are using Gaia Online now were using it back around 2003.
I started Gaia when I was around 11 or 12 years old. This year, I'm 23. It's been 10 years (ignore the obviously new and just created account), but I have to say that being on Gaia is one of my best memories. I'm wondering what the age range is now. Did Gaia "grow up" with the teens and preteens from the 80s and 90s, or did it continue to appeal to the ever new teenage crowd?

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I was 13 when I joined in 2003. I wasn't active until 2004 though. I've watched the site go through a lot of changes over the years. Some have been great, some not so much. Gaia's my internet home.

I'm 25 now but it doesn't feel weird to me to be on Gaia at my age. It's just...me. It's part of my day.

Log onto Gaia, check stuff out, go about my day.

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I was nineteen when I joined this site in '03 and I don't feel at all odd about still being here. I'm now thirty and it's just something I happen to use and enjoy.

King Noob

- - -
I joined when I was about 18 back in o3, and I was reluctant to join back then because of how much this site seemed to be for kids. lol I felt old to be here back then.

It's okay now though cuz i've only regressed in age mentally since then.
- - -

Tricky Saint

I was 11, now 22.
Need I say more? rofl

At that tender age I could've easily ended up in a place far worse than the confides of the CB or Exchange so I'm grateful for the community; I knew how to behave back then, a quality I'm not sure I've been good at maintaining over the years.

Magic Warrior

Hmmm... I joined back in 2004-2005, not so sure, I'll have to check, so I had to be about 13-14.

I'm 24 right now, and honestly, I feel like Gaia grew up with my needs as an adult I didn't have when I was a kid.
I actually feel the site isn't that very appealing to teenagers, though I'm not sure why it does feel that way.

Stellar Succubus

You had 5 more options but all `old` people are lumped into 29 plus.

.. heh.

Dont mind me, Im just older than that and am a lil over being lumped into the `old` category... XD

I think Gaia aims a lot of its stuff at older users, as in those who have been on gaia a long time, though newer users would still like a lot of those items anyway without knowing their references. Ive just had my 7th gaiaversary, and I sense there are a lot less younger folks in the GCD than there were a few years back.

spunglass's Fav

Hostile Genius

I think i started gaia around 12 or 13 years old XD
Now Im 24 .-.""" And still here... sigh. LOL

I think the community grew up with the people XD Back then the major forums which were alive was actually chatterbox lol. There was still no role playing places back then and everything random was on CB---then after a few months people found homes in newer forums like GD/ GCD/Barton etc so...while growing up it also catered to our interests XD

Really fun <3 As of now I went from CB to barton to zomg to art shops and finally art freebie forum where i still am <3

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
I started Gaia, in April of 2004, and I was an adult then. lol
Over ten years later, I've become less of a minority as far as age is concerned. Which makes me feel less weird but, I still get a twinge of it when I see people talk about Middle school/High school.

I'm old now, and far happier than I was in those days yet, less social here. I guess I've not found my current niche here but, I'm workin' on that.

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Nemariel
I was nineteen when I joined this site in '03 and I don't feel at all odd about still being here. I'm now thirty and it's just something I happen to use and enjoy.
were same age! and i feel same way smile though i started 2007 when i was 22 bc i was busy irl with college and sorority stuff before that xd

Fluffy Bunny

20,325 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
Hypocoristical
ive been planning for a thread hangout with people around our age. i will let inv you when it opens maybe in few weeks or months XD lol!

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I was 18 when I joined in 2004. I'm 29 now. I have spent so much time here. I was in college. I got married in 2012. I have a job. It's kind of crazy, but I still like it here. I'm loyal. I just want to see what Gaia will do in the future. I don't plan on leaving unless something happens to me or to the site.

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Empress Boa
Hypocoristical
ive been planning for a thread hangout with people around our age. i will let inv you when it opens maybe in few weeks or months XD lol!

Oh! I'd love that!
Thank you. emotion_kirakira

Demonic Alchemist

20,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was 22 when I joined in '04. Now I will soon be 33, I got married last year. But despite being "old" and a responsible adult, I don't feel weird coming here to dress my avatar in pretty pixels. lol

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

I was twelve and joined in '05, a little later than most "older timers." I'm 22 and have my master's now! I come back every 2-3 years to see how things are going. Obviously, not great, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff