Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mysterious Trickster

Just for shits and giggles, I looked over the site's GCash landing page, and came across PayGarden. I'm not sure if this is entirely BRAND new, or not. I do remember Zero Omega mentioning something about expanding ways users can get Gaia Cash. Maybe this is it? I'm not sure if I like this or not, yet. I don't like the conversion rates, but that's from PayGarden, not Gaia.

Here's the landing page. http://www.gaiaonline.com/payments/paygarden/

Please, for your sake and mine, if you have beef against GCash and the users who do spend THEIR dollars here, take it to your Journals, Chatterbox, Site Feedback, The GD, etc.
------------------------------------
Admin Response, page 2.

Greedy Kitten

If you'd like this thread to be a discussion thread, you should add some discussion points. c:

Anyways~ I think it's a somewhat nice way to receive gaia cash. I agree with you about the conversion rates,
        they really are bad and somewhat ripping you off? but I still really like how it provides a way for gaians to get some GC.
        I am a gaian who likes to spend some spare money on here and every since they stopped making them gaia cash cards
        and them zeevex cash cards, I've completely lost a way to get some GC. I slowly had to turn to using my cellphone
        to get some GC and now that there's this option, I don't have to worry about my brother getting mad at me for the extra $$$ on the bill.

Time-traveling Senshi

So here's what Paygarden is. Pretty much if you get a gift card to a shop you don't like or have unused iTunes cards when you can't get the mobile app to work right for you then you can redeem the cash value through PayGarden and use that to buy Gaia Cash. So yeah if you're a non coffee drinker who pulls a fifteen dollar Starbucks card at a family grab bag for Christmas you can use that to buy other stuff like Cash.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I'm sad about the conversion rates, but it is nice to have the option. Especially with the lack of cash cards in stores in my area...

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Novice Mage 100
mxchi
        If you'd like this thread to be a discussion thread, you should add some discussion points. c:

Anyways~ I think it's a somewhat nice way to receive gaia cash. I agree with you about the conversion rates,
        they really are bad and somewhat ripping you off? but I still really like how it provides a way for gaians to get some GC.
        I am a gaian who likes to spend some spare money on here and every since they stopped making them gaia cash cards
        and them zeevex cash cards, I've completely lost a way to get some GC. I slowly had to turn to using my cellphone
        to get some GC and now that there's this option, I don't have to worry about my brother getting mad at me for the extra $$$ on the bill.

If people can't find something to discuss without bullet points, then they're in the wrong forum.

aemperatrix's Sweetheart

Beloved Fairy

49,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
It's funny when the page says 'leftover money on the card' but the notes on the bottom say "most cards must have a minimum balance of $10."

What the heck, you can still buy stuff like Starbucks or Gamestop stuff with that money? What do we do with useless $1.36 in leftover Starbucks money that we can't use?

I hate how we lose 15% of our money (whether it was a gift or not), but you know what, I don't drink Starbucks, so I'll go try the giftcard with 3 dollars left on it. Why not?

Generous Bunny

21,975 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It is interesting as it does benefit people who receive gift cards during gifting seasons and have no use for them. (Only if they are eligible)

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
That's great I don't drink starbucks coffee. I've just been keeping the card sentimentally.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
It's a pity it seems to really be a US only service at this stage. Like many people, I occasionally get gift cards for places I won't really spend them, so being able to convert some of the funds into GC seems like it may be handy.

I still have my trusty Paypal, but I can't really spend gift cards that way.

Impassioned Misfit

This is pretty interesting. But also kind of a ripoff.

Fashionable Nerd

Qiam
mxchi

If people can't find something to discuss without bullet points, then they're in the wrong forum.

^ This.
    What are we, a bunch of spoon fed babies? Haha.

My interpretation of this is that it is kind of a rip off too. Having
    $25 on a giftcard and only getting $21? That sucks. At least
    when I buy itunes gift cards to make purchases on here (I
    buy itunes, put it on my ipod and then use the Gaia app to
    purchase gc with it as it is the only way I can do it anymore)
    it only takes out like a 10 cent tax or something. I finally
    realized what the tax was when I only had a 502 balance
    remaining on my itunes account and tried to buy the $4.99
    amount of cash.

It kept saying I had insufficient funds. I never even realized
    there was a tax on it but apparently so. What do I know.
    At least that was like a rip off in cents, not nearly $5 lol.

Still, at least gift cards are easily accessible. Much easier
    than the whole itunes cards to go and try to get gc from.
    The app is outdated and I'm scared to think if anything
    happens to it, I won't be able to make purchases in the
    future. And that's about the only way I can do anything
    on here without being at the mercy of crazy pricing in the
    MP.

Stubborn Gifter

I have to say, it's nice that we have another way for users to get Gaia Cash without fearing insecure about making payments online such as Paypal. I will admit I'm one of the people and it's hard finding stores that have game cards.

And while it's nice we have another option, I have to agree with the users who discuss here. One is that it's US only, making it kinda unfair for international users who wish to use their giftcards. The other is the conversation rate. It seems pretty rip that we only get smaller portion of the payment we've put in.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

I DO have a Macy's giftcard from last year that has quite a bit of money on it. But not enough to get anything from there.

WAIT, just checked it and Gaia doesn't list Macy's as an accepted card for them WTF. It's under the accepted brands for PayGarden. GDMI the one time I'm able to give you money you don't allow it ._______________.

It's a nice gesture though.

User Image

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I checked quickly, but there seems to be a few stores which often have a "get a 10$ gift card for a future purchase" offer. It might not be huge, but it could be a way to use them. Now, the decision about if one wants to go with that conversion rate or use their card on something else is another story. But, at least, the option is there wink

Loiterer

Oh maaan, I wish this came out sooner! So many useless gift cards over the past years I could've used
(even though it cuts the percentage, still)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff