Welcome to Gaia! ::

My father would never use gaia. o_o I know this. People his age don't do fun stuff on the net. xD;

My mother is too computer retarded. n_n; It makes me nervous to think about how she would act around the internet, if she can't even do some simple stuff...
My mother doesn't go on Gaia, but I doubt that she would anyway. She doesn't really know anything about anime. Same with my dad.
I would definitly let a 13 year old use the site. I know at 13 I was old enough to deal with everyday Gaia. I think that at around 11, when I went into Jr. High, I would have been able to fully cope with what goes on at Gaia. Therefore, I would probably let an 11 year old child on Gaia if I thought they were as mature as I was at that age, or more.

(I'm about a month off 20, btw.)

Ice Heart's Queen

Well this thread certinaly makes me feel like I came from smart people. Even though my parents are both in their fifties they know how to use computers, technology and all that stuff. Occasionally I have to help my Mom with HTML coding, but overall she knows how it works. w00t my parents are smart! rofl
my mom actually just sent me an email here I'll post it it's funny. Since we live so far apart now (I live in Arizona I'm from Virigina I moved here to go to school) it's hard to keep in touch... anyways here it is

My Mom's Email
was nice talking to you this weekend. We miss you! I thought maybe that I should be a character on GAIA just so that I can talk to you and xenofan (LOL).

She didn't actually say xenofan (my brother's screenname), but my little brother doesn't like to reveal his real name. My brother who is also on gaia.
First, my dad would not know what to do on Gaia. And my mom would not have intrest in it.
Seeing how high teen prenancy is nowadys, it won't be a surpised to find a few parents here rofl
Duh, I've met alot of adults on gaia, but some of them are parents 3nodding gaia is free for everyone in the world, not to be fickle or anything.
Eh, I'm myself not a parents but.. I don't mind about them on gaia long as they don't lie about their age or anything stare Its just not cool gonk
If I had kids, I'd let them use Gaia, but I would monitor them. I'd simply be around some of the time. I grew up in a house that had a computer room and we each had a computer in there (it's more common now, but it was unheard of then, especially since there wasn't any publically accessible internet until right around the time I graduated high school).

We'd have computers in the same room and it wouldn't be a big deal. I had a lot sense when I was little, so I think my children would too. I would still surf, but I probably wouldn't admit to being their mom unless they asked me (but then not to bail them out of an aurgument -- they would just have to leave it instead of carrying it further).

Sorry for the run-on sentences. sweatdrop
Hiroy
Seeing how high teen prenancy is nowadys, it won't be a surpised to find a few parents here rofl
Hmm, I didn't know that, I thought it be 1/100 of chance for a teen's parents relationship... Well off course there has to be zillions of people on here.
Well, my parents are both retards when it comes to computers. My mom only knows how to use Msn Messenger and my dad ...well.. not very bright.
i think its really cool that parenst go on gaia i wish my mom went on gaia
XxMonkeyPrincessxX-Lmao
I'm a parent with children who use Gaia/internet.

Am I worried? Sure I am. Do I trust my kids? You bettcha! I think I've taught them well enough about how unreal the internet can be. And, if something makes them uncomfortable, it is best to just log off. Never give personnel info or passwords - that type of thing. We have talked about these issues for years now! I also interact with them, on line and off, so they know I am there for them as support. Just in case.

My children are now mid to late teens. So, if they aren't OK with the net/Gaia by now, boy have I failed as a parent.

For younger kids, like under 12.... I think with a parent participating, Gaia is fine. Parents need to be there to discuss with the kids what they see on the net, and to guide them away from stuff that is "bad." The internet is a very bad baby sitter. I'ld be much more worried if I wasn't using Gaia every once in awhile just to see what is going on....
Yup, there are many here.

I'm not one of them though.

I'm sort of like one since my little sister's here, I just watch over her here and there.
I haven't seen it posted yet but an information tidbit every parent should know about gaia.

The rating on gaia is PG 13. Any content over this is strictly forbidden and is a bannable offence making this site relatively safe for younger people. The mods are quite good about keeping it clean, and if you feel like it why not suggest a forum for the younger children that frequent the site?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff