Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Confectioner

15,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
For a while the outrage about starter sets bubbled up in my memory. A chunk of classic users were angry about one of the starter set updates (maybe all of them) because of how new users at the time had much better outfits than the classic pesant set everyone began with.

I don't know what you start with now, but we're certainly back to newcomers being pesants. There's tons of great new items coming out, nearly all of them from the cash shop. And you just can't expect to afford them without buying cash. Especially since the code has been updated to let everyone have and buy/sell much higher amounts of gold.

Before the updates were so cash-centric, you could earn a lot of gold on the site and save up for rare "donation items" eventually. The current inflation however, even the most aboundant sources of gold, which are capped daily, have been devalued to a pittance. 100k seems to be the lower end now.

Also, the cash shop is churning out a plethora of items, including gold generators, which vastly limit the supply of resales.

And that marketplace tax. Remember when the site was run by people who actually cared about inflation?

Any other upheavals etc. that seem really wierd in current context?

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hey, who remembers the large complaint that erupted back when they changed to avatar system to allow wearing multiple items in the same slot? Horn of the Demon and Angelic Halos together?! Angelic Headbands with Angelic Halos? People were in an uproar, because now the HotD and Angelic Headbands and a bunch of other things would skyrocket in price, now that people were no longer restricted to wearing only their halos or only their headband. Gaia must be on the side of the inflators! scream

Oh, and let's not forget the complaints that such layering caused. I mean, the Angelic Halo actually went through some items like the Angelic Headband. How unacceptable! What kind of pixel quality was this? We expect much better standards than that.

Oh, how silly they seem now. I mean, they were quite silly back then, but considering the problems of today... sweatdrop

Divine Muse

I'm from 03 and I base a lot of my outfits around the starter pants. In fact I just happen to be wearing a pair now. While I was not one of the classic users who pitched a fit, I do wish Gaia would use these as a base for more pants.

The shading is just so nice, they don't mod my legs, and I can choose any pair of shoes I want while wearing them. I just wish they came in more colors, you know?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd Outrages at nearly every summer event...I still have to encounter a summer event where they DON'T HAVE TO FIX ANYTHING!

Handsome Man-Lover

Isn't there always someone complaining loudly about something or other? Never has everyone been satisfied simultaneously XD

People ask for goldsinks -> Gaia adds expensive stuff to Loyal's shop -> people complain they can't afford the stuff in Loyal's shop.
People ask for recolours -> Gaia makes a bazillion -> people complain about too many recolours.
etc. etc.

This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend~

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Bowie-Spawan
Isn't there always someone complaining loudly about something or other? Never has everyone been satisfied simultaneously XD

People ask for goldsinks -> Gaia adds expensive stuff to Loyal's shop -> people complain they can't afford the stuff in Loyal's shop.
People ask for recolours -> Gaia makes a bazillion -> people complain about too many recolours.
etc. etc.

This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend~

xd Most irksome I've found besides the 'why is everything so expensive' is the 'why the qualifications to enter Loyal shoulda been x not y, yadda yadda'

Peaceful Bear

36,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Flatterer 200
The anti-smoking fiasco in...I don't even know. '08? '09?
It seemed like such a shitstorm at the time. Now it seems like
something that'd be the least of our worries. Not that'd it happen again
since it spawned because of a sponsorship deal( I think)
which we barely have nowadays anyway.

Handsome Man-Lover

August Star Of Heaven

xd Most irksome I've found besides the 'why is everything so expensive' is the 'why the qualifications to enter Loyal shoulda been x not y, yadda yadda'

Repeat topics in a short amount of time (like few days apart only) always make me facepalm. Often the other one is not even off the first page lol.

Handsome Man-Lover

Mr A s t a r o t h x
The anti-smoking fiasco in...I don't even know. '08? '09?
It seemed like such a shitstorm at the time. Now it seems like
something that'd be the least of our worries. Not that'd it happen again
since it spawned because of a sponsorship deal( I think)
which we barely have nowadays anyway.

Must've been '09 as I was around and very active then, I actually had a sig dedicated to it XD

User Image

I found that particular shitstorm very fun and engaging, haha.

Aekea Bloodsucker

Bowie-Spawan
Loyal's Shop is now a bit like Club Verge for me: Rewarding their loyal users with items that are triple the price for "exclusive" items. It doesn't seem much like a reward. I'm all for a gold sink, but when you use a project that was meant for rewarding loyal users and task them the responsibility with fixing Gaia's problem so they can continue making even more problems, then I don't agree. It feels more like a punishment.

Handsome Man-Lover

Prismatic Colours
Bowie-Spawan
Loyal's Shop is now a bit like Club Verge for me: Rewarding their loyal users with items that are triple the price for "exclusive" items. It doesn't seem much like a reward. I'm all for a gold sink, but when you use a project that was meant for rewarding loyal users and task them the responsibility with fixing Gaia's problem so they can continue making even more problems, then I don't agree. It feels more like a punishment.

I was just giving examples, they didn't necessarily reflect my own opinion XD

While I do find some of the prices in there too high in general (1bil? eh...), there's a lot of stuff in lower price ranges as well. The easter rig was awesome, and even if this new rig is too expensive for someone to open it themselves, several of the 'fail' drops are now what can be considered cheap in the current economy. I'm hoping for more goldshop recolours personally; among my fav things in there are the stocking and legwarmer recolours. And considering how expensive some of the originals of several of the recolours are (devil tail for example), the Loyal versions are practically dirt cheap.

Aekea Bloodsucker

Bowie-Spawan
I was just giving examples, they didn't necessarily reflect my own opinion XD

While I do find some of the prices in there too high in general (1bil? eh...), there's a lot of stuff in lower price ranges as well. The easter rig was awesome, and even if this new rig is too expensive for someone to open it themselves, several of the 'fail' drops are now what can be considered cheap in the current economy. I'm hoping for more goldshop recolours personally; among my fav things in there are the stocking and legwarmer recolours. And considering how expensive some of the originals of several of the recolours are (devil tail for example), the Loyal versions are practically dirt cheap.
I wasn't attacking what you said, either. I just wanted to state my opinion on the direction the shop is going. c:

It started out rather well, the prices were reasonable. I don't like the direction it's heading, though. I still support Loyal's Shop because the grab bags and some of the cheaper recolors are great ideas. It's quite annoying that they pick and choose which colors of items are more expensive, I believe each should be the same amount. It's just like how they sold the black and white versions of the recolors in the CS instead of the store. It shows Gaia's priorities, and they don't care about loyalty, it's money. Which is why I had been so happy for Loyal's Store when it was announced it was being worked on.. until it took months to come out and now it's being used as a gold sink instead of rewarding loyalty. They take a step in the right direction, but then take advantage of the situation and take 5 steps back.

Handsome Man-Lover

Prismatic Colours
I wasn't attacking what you said, either. I just wanted to state my opinion on the direction the shop is going. c:

It started out rather well, the prices were reasonable. I don't like the direction it's heading, though. I still support Loyal's Shop because the grab bags and some of the cheaper recolors are great ideas. It's quite annoying that they pick and choose which colors of items are more expensive, I believe each should be the same amount. It's just like how they sold the black and white versions of the recolors in the CS instead of the store. It shows Gaia's priorities, and they don't care about loyalty, it's money. Which is why I had been so happy for Loyal's Store when it was announced it was being worked on.. until it took months to come out and now it's being used as a gold sink instead of rewarding loyalty. They take a step in the right direction, but then take advantage of the situation and take 5 steps back.

Very much agree items of the same type should be the same price. I hate that the wing prices are all over the place, makes no sense sweatdrop

Aekea Bloodsucker

Bowie-Spawan
Very much agree items of the same type should be the same price. I hate that the wing prices are all over the place, makes no sense sweatdrop
It had started out that way. The nitemare scarves are the same price, as well as most of the dander ears, until we get to the wings and devil tails. They take advantage of the items and colors they think they know the userbase will like the most, and make it worth more. I imagine we will be seeing more of this in the future.
I don;t know if it was an outrage, but a lot of aquarium decorations were super super expensive before.
I couldn't really afford the corals or backgrounds.
I was a bit saddened by the fact that I even saved up to even decorate my aquarium just to have everything be a common drop in the daily chance.
On the other hand I now have an endless supply of fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff