Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lunatic

Celeste Starfyre
Ok, anyway to say something on the topic... YES it was Gino's fault, but not ALL of his fault. He was only but one party to blame. There is Meili who could have chosen to run rather than stay and fight Zhivago and there was also Zhivago who did not have to fight as well.

Also, if you want to blame more people, Sentinel and Overseer could be at fault as well for simply leaving him there with lady fingers knowing fully well that he would more than likely leave the ship in the first place and also Lady fingers is to blame too, because he did not keep a better enough eye on Gino.

So there are a LOT of people to blame. Edmund does not want Gino to feel like he actually KILLED Meili because he DID NOT KILL HIM. Sure he is in one way responsible for his death but so is everyone else who was with him. So you might as well say Overseer and Sentinel were as much to blame for Meili's death as Gino is.

Yes they are.
Everyone gave Meili a stab and I like it.

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I can't believe I'm dignifying this with a response, but:
Doctor_Sunday
Yes.
That way I would have an excuse to finally punch said friend.
Remember the old gaian saying:
"Troll harder."

You sound like you must be a blast to have at parties.

That said:

Celeste Starfyre
Also, if you want to blame more people, Sentinel and Overseer could be at fault as well for simply leaving him there with lady fingers knowing fully well that he would more than likely leave the ship in the first place and also Lady fingers is to blame too, because he did not keep a better enough eye on Gino.

So there are a LOT of people to blame. Edmund does not want Gino to feel like he actually KILLED Meili because he DID NOT KILL HIM. Sure he is in one way responsible for his death but so is everyone else who was with him. So you might as well say Overseer and Sentinel were as much to blame for Meili's death as Gino is.

This is possibly the best explanation in this thread of who's actually responsible - but we're all piling on Gino (well, at least the first two pages).

Arguably, Gino could be more responsible - if he hadn't been that reckless, Meili likely wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. So yeah, at the very least, Gino owes a huge debt.

On the other hand, OP is making the leap to arguing that they all have Meili's blood on their hands. (And, Doctor_Sunday, you say as much by saying - and I quote - "Yes they are. Everyone gave Meili a stab and I like it." ) This is crazy - that implies that Gino is as responsible as Zhivago (and pretty much everyone else on the damn ship) for the murder, which would be laughable if I didn't suspect he was serious about it. (Or being a particularly effective troll.)

Anyway, this is my last post in this thread.

Lonely Lunatic

Phoenix Goliathane

Anyway, this is my last post in this thread.

Don't be so serious.
It's a fictional character and bright side of things, my douche move started a heartfelt discussion over the manga, which I felt was missing.
I'm surprised there's still this many people that care.

Professional Novice

User Image
ok, I admit it. It's all my fault.
If I had only stopped reading before page 24, Meili would still be alive. crying

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Can we start talking about rapists and rape culture and how people blame the victim for being raped, when in fact, it is the fault of the perpetrator for the rape.

emotion_awesome

If it's anyone's fault, it's Zhivago's. He murdered the guy. Zhivago's or Kuro's for ordering the hit.

Don't blame the victims!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces