Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ami Satomora
It's not an achievement so I can't be mad about it

YES I'm still pissed as s**t that I'm forever locked out of getting Princess as a title because I don't have 150bil to throw around

Item's not that cute anyway. And it's not encouraging me in the least to donate any more than I initially did. So yeah...

User Image

didn't they reuse cat title in an achievement? Maybe they'll decide to reuse it one day or at least have hime (or princess in some other language) as a title

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Berryfarmer
`Hydro
Berryfarmer
My main issue is what the halo is a recolor of. Weren't the original Halo of Kannon and the recolored Halo of Bayanihan, done as disaster relief charity items?

Kind of shady to recolor those for a "Fork over your gold to the abyss" thing.

I believe so. It's a little unsettling to compare the value of an item for real life donating to real live events to virtual gold and virtual kickstarter, but they both are in a sense rewarding generosity.

But in both the real life instances it was 100% to the Red Cross, if my memory is correct.
In this instance, the AURB isn't even getting 100% of the donated gold (unless you donate it directly to them which takes you out of the running for the halo).

:/ Idk it just makes me nauseous to know now that not even humanitarian items are safe from the marketing team and their ploys. But my thoughts on these incessant "kickstarters" is a discussion for another topic.
Why would that item series be safe? They recolored the Revolution items didn't they? And to my knowledge the Kanon items haven't been re-released. So calm ya tits alright, it's just a recolor

Aged Bunny

Only thing that irked me was putting it at the last minute.

Cuddly Knife

42,775 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
Toushirou Okami
I want the final two tiers to be completed so I'm perfectly fine with it. Let the rich fight over their petty little halo lol
This xD

And for those saying that it's not right that the base was a charity item and it's being being used in a situation which isn't directly aiding a real life organisation and people, what's really the issue? It's not the disaster relief ones, and it's not like it's being SOLD for GCash like it's predecessors. It's essentially a prize in a gold only contest, in which 75% of the gold gets sunk. As in we don't see it. Ever. Again. Kaput. Using the halo to motivate people to sink gold is a great idea. And that last 25% will still be going into a community-run event, so while it's not leaving the system, it's going to distributed in a way that doesn't benefit the obnoxiously rich. The lack of a "scoreboard" system will help too, those who REALLY want that exclusive item and have the gold will (hopefully) dump it into the sink in the attempt to get it.

This combined with Gold Gens being taken out is really starting to create potential. Lets just hope they don't ******** this up.

Aged Bunny

Little Angel Mary
Ami Satomora
It's not an achievement so I can't be mad about it

YES I'm still pissed as s**t that I'm forever locked out of getting Princess as a title because I don't have 150bil to throw around

Item's not that cute anyway. And it's not encouraging me in the least to donate any more than I initially did. So yeah...

User Image

didn't they reuse cat title in an achievement? Maybe they'll decide to reuse it one day or at least have hime (or princess in some other language) as a title

They did the same for bunny title.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Dark Metamorphosis

yeah, definitely hoped they put it in sooner

Stubborn Gifter

Slick Southpaw
Dark Metamorphosis

Forget sooner. It would have been helpful if they put that from the very beginning. emotion_facepalm

Manly Regular

No
its just an item

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Jisen Meizuki
Slick Southpaw
Dark Metamorphosis

Forget sooner. It would have been helpful if they put that from the very beginning. emotion_facepalm

i thought that was implied xd

BUT EITHER WAY I AGREE

XNevermoreX's Husbando

Obsessive Enthusiast

Silly "limited item" grinding. It's just as bad as those that obsess over the 1 trillion achievements.
Sure, they could've made an alert about this waaaaaaaay sooner---but it's obvious the staff doesn't care about that.
They want us to feel the "sense of urgency" to buy GaiaCash and sell to donate more into the "gold sink".
It's an obvious marketing scheme and I'm not going to take part in it, lol.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'm indifferent on the matter because I never really cared for halos. I guess it can be unfair to those who really wanted one. Then again, a lot of people who want the original Angelic Halo have been questing for years...

In the end, we all have things that we want but cannot afford. neutral

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I have no desire for halos so I don't really care.

A Snack

I don't care
I didn't even read that announcement
I don't really care about halos to start with.

edit --
I went and read the announcement and I don't think its fair for people
who actually want the halo
I'm sure more than 10 people donated 450b ; _ ;

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Little Angel Mary

They better, the possibility of having "Princess Knight" as a title is very special to me and why I'm so worked up about it.

Princess Knight is the name of my first project NaNoWriMo project and the first original story I finished so I would really love to have that title.

User Image

Omnipresent Spirit

I don't think giving a reward to the top contributors is unfair, but I'm sure since there is a very limited quality they will be used as a status symbol and will be hauled around like so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff