Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Koropendora
There's a lot of us out there, probably.

Shh!!-- Most early Gaians (2003-2005) like to stay in hiding.. People keep calling us old farts.
emo

Green Combatant

Summer 2004 here.

Also, am I the only one around here who prefers the older items to the newer ones? >.<

Alien Friend

Kelti
Summer 2004 here.

Also, am I the only one around here who prefers the older items to the newer ones? >.<

I like the style of the older items more, but I like alot of the colors of the new ones. I wish they matched up a little better. Leg and arm mods are super cool!

Tipsy Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
2007 over here! A lot has changed since I joined, some for the worse some for the better. I miss getting excited about little things, like getting 1k in the daily chance. Sigh, those were the days

Demonic Lover

Oh my god is this still going on?, at this point we'll be able to swim in the GCD because of all the circlejerking going on x ox

Beloved Nerd

Tenshichan~dream
I do not know when towns 2 came out but it was far after 2007. Being an animal was only this year.
A better thing would be to say From before the cash shop existed. That is closer to the 2007 date.

Back then gaians were worried about a lot of different changes.

Towns 2 just came out last year I believe...
I think Evolving Items started coming out in '08..Or '09.
SuccuViv
Oh my god is this still going on?, at this point we'll be able to swim in the GCD because of all the circlejerking going on x ox

I wouldn't mind joining your circle ^.~

Pure-hearted Snowflake

I think there are a tone of oldies here. Its really nothing special its probably the only people who can tolerate the shenanigans of this site. I am fro 06

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

SuccuViv

That's because this takes no effort to reply to.
"Oh ho ho ho, I'm from [insert join date here], I'm so much better than these newbie plebs. They don't know how old Gaia was like! Old Gaia was so much better..."
I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is still here after a couple more days and it'll be the aftermath of a 60-man bukkake by then. emotion_facepalm

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
ninja
April 2003 here. I remember the easter event where they gave out the chicky and bunny slippers. I joined then but wasn't lucky enough to get a pair.

Super Humorist

Sevalle
Why is 2007 the cut off?

It's possible that 2007 was a turning point.
I do feel like a ton happened and soon after tons of new stuff were added up.

Skin potions for instance. The vampire war.
The year after vampires versus zombies versus dark elves versus humans.

Big Noob

Monday Delirium
Sevalle
Why is 2007 the cut off?

It's possible that 2007 was a turning point.
I do feel like a ton happened and soon after tons of new stuff were added up.

Skin potions for instance. The vampire war.
The year after vampires versus zombies versus dark elves versus humans.

Next year, we'll have someone including 2008 as a legit olbie, not just because they joined that specific year, but because they'll claim that Gaia truly reached it's golden year with the arrival of the MMO, zOMG. People have always thought the 'Battle' System would herald Gaia's graduation from Beta mode. They'll also say that was the height of Gaia's financial success with all those sponsors and venture capitalists investing in the site.

Goalposts are moved each year, I tell you. xd I'm beginning to agree with a few posters here that people who joined when the site was still called Go-Gaia.com were the true old members.
I registered in Oct of 03 but I think your not going to find to many of us because most of us grew up.

CherryRo's Waifu

Cuddly Lunatic

It isn't that weird to have a little less people from the beginning. My first account was in late 04...I don't like all of the in your face BUY BUY BUY stuff or that the animal base is now a thing...and especially a thing where you need to rebuy all your items for it...

I was a teen when I joined, now I live on my own and don't have that much time anymore to log on. Which is the case for most of the "original" users.

Super Humorist

Sevalle
Goalposts are moved each year, I tell you. xd I'm beginning to agree with a few posters here that people who joined when the site was still called Go-Gaia.com were the true old members.

No arguing with that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces