Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Loiterer

Seems a whole bunch of folks are in a tizzy over Gaia's "bad business" decisions ever since the summer sale, and aren't afraid to be very vocal about it, either. Hm. I can't say I blame them, though. The community feels like it's falling apart, or rather, being ripped apart by the higher management, but the Gaian community is standing together in attempt to save a site that everyone here obviously loves from a corrupt dictator ship run by the CEO and BoD. But I'd like to get opinions from you guys. How many of you will still continue to support Gaia financially; whether they're right or wrong; buying up RIGs and MC's and Bundles, and EI's and REI's, just to keep the site alive and kicking? Is it even needed at this point, when Gaia's releasing all these cash "perks" and making money more easily, now, than ever before?

Where do you think this money is going, since we're not seeing it being used to update and better the forgotten features that need it. New games? paid vacations? A lifetime supply of Nerf Guns? Kibble for the pets they're bringing in the office?

How many of you have said they'd cut their financial support, but will likely forget, and cave under the pressure of shiny new item releases, later? Be honest.

Opinions on how the staff are handling the 'damage control' that users are concerned about?

How many years do you think Gaia has left, with the way things are being done, depending on your perspective?

Special Snowflake

I think the money is going towards a black hole left from social games that haven't taken off.... and some towards Gaia as a site, predominently into events and art required for events/CI items, and new features such as CVerge as well. Purely conjecture though. It's probably needed to fulfill some goal for x% increase in profits compared to last year as with retail.....

I think any staff feedback is good feedback, but we all seem to forget that they're also people and with so many baying for blood people don't seem to understand why some respond in a short manner sweatdrop All response is good, as long as everyone is saying things that don't conflict with each other ^^

I've never said I won't support Gaia, and I wouldn't say I'm a regular supporter sweatdrop I just don't have the RL cash. I've probably averaged very little for my Gaian age sweatdrop However, I do buy cash if there's something I really want, at the moment I'm only doing cash offers so I'll be saving that cash for any items I want....I'll never say that I'm stopping supporting it, unless I quit Gaia altogther it isn't realistic to say it.

I think the storm here, is a kin to that of the cash shop introduction? I think things will be tweaked (hopefully soon) so Gaia will continue to live long and prosper... for at least the next 7-10 years- although I hope it stays around forever!

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

I've been here for eight years, and this is the first time- for me- that I've ever seen people SO angry. This is the first time I've ever seen so many arguments erupt like this. People are saying Gaia is going under, others are saying it's not. And as I've said before in another thread, I'm scared for us. I'm scared of the direction we're going in. After seeing one bad decision after another, and after seeing a couple of my friends quit over this, I know now just how serious this all is. And now I can't trust the CEO. Too many shady things are happening, and rather than hearing it FROM HIM he's got people doing the talking. For all we know, he's making the admins lie to us; Telling us we're fine, and all that when in actuality we may not be fine. Like I said, it's FOR ALL WE KNOW. I don't know what the hell goes on in those offices, but to be honest I want to know where my money is going now. Because I don't know where it goes, and I never used to worry about it because I thought that I could trust them. Now I'm not so sure.
Until I know for sure what is going on FOR REAL, I don't want to purchase any GC or anything GC-related. Not until I know where my money is going to, what they're using it for, etc.
I never used to be so mistrusting of Gaia, but after everything that's been happening, and after seeing so many of my favourite GCDers FIGHTING each other the way that they've been fighting. . I can't. I just can't. I can't care about someone who seems like they will never care about us. And I can only listen to fake reassurance for so long. I want proof that they care. I want proof that we're not going under. I want proof that WE ARE being listened to. . Because this doesn't feel friendly to me anymore.

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I very much disagree with Gaia's recent choices, and for that I'm not going to spend anything else on the site, and I'm pretty adamant about that. The weight of their recent actions, or at the very least their poor execution and timing of things, needs to be felt, otherwise they won't change. For me personally, I don't think there's a way they can convince me to spend money again simply because through their actions the site has become "not worth it" to me. Though it's still a neat place to hang out sometimes, and I won't stop coming here entirely.

I couldn't begin to guess where they'd use the money they get from Verge or whatever other crap they'll end up doing. Considering the company isn't open with things like that, nobody will know except those who are involved.

I really don't know how long Gaia has left either. Could be a long time still, depending on how many people still want pixel clothes and are willing to pay whatever for them.

Special Snowflake

I Sinistro I
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

I've been here for eight years, and this is the first time- for me- that I've ever seen people SO angry. This is the first time I've ever seen so many arguments erupt like this. People are saying Gaia is going under, others are saying it's not. And as I've said before in another thread, I'm scared for us. I'm scared of the direction we're going in. After seeing one bad decision after another, and after seeing a couple of my friends quit over this, I know now just how serious this all is. And now I can't trust the CEO. Too many shady things are happening, and rather than hearing it FROM HIM he's got people doing the talking. For all we know, he's making the admins lie to us; Telling us we're fine, and all that when in actuality we may not be fine. Like I said, it's FOR ALL WE KNOW. I don't know what the hell goes on in those offices, but to be honest I want to know where my money is going now. Because I don't know where it goes, and I never used to worry about it because I thought that I could trust them. Now I'm not so sure.
Until I know for sure what is going on FOR REAL, I don't want to purchase any GC or anything GC-related. Not until I know where my money is going to, what they're using it for, etc.
I never used to be so mistrusting of Gaia, but after everything that's been happening, and after seeing so many of my favourite GCDers FIGHTING each other the way that they've been fighting. . I can't. I just can't. I can't care about someone who seems like they will never care about us. And I can only listen to fake reassurance for so long. I want proof that they care. I want proof that we're not going under. I want proof that WE ARE being listened to. . Because this doesn't feel friendly to me anymore.

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠
I think... it's too much being implemented all at once. The reason it's become like this is that issues from previous arguments haven't resolved, and then another thing is pushed out which adds fuel to the fire.... It's ended up being like a snowball affect with behaviour.

I just want it to stop. Stop the new monetary perks/incentives for just a bit. Let us cool down, collect ourselves and discuss with Gaia staff the issues instead of push, push , push crying

edit: If we're still passionate it means we still care, it's when we all go "meh" then you should start to worry...

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
Sand Dancer Shaka
I think... it's too much being implemented all at once. The reason it's become like this is that issues from previous arguments haven't resolved, and then another thing is pushed out which adds fuel to the fire.... It's ended up being like a snowball affect with behaviour.

I just want it to stop. Stop the new monetary perks/incentives for just a bit. Let us cool down, collect ourselves and discuss with Gaia staff the issues instead of push, push , push crying

It feels like they ignored us and just went on with Club Verge AFTER everyone got angry with the summer "sale". I feel like they ignored us- Or maybe not "they", but maybe the CEO ignored us and made them go ahead instead with this Club Verge thing. It's like. . They knew how we felt about the sales, but it didn't matter how we felt. It was more like "Eh, who cares? Let's shut them up with this. Make them feel oh so important" but then they saw it pissed us off EVEN MORE, so they're like "Oh ********!!. . . [Whistles as they walk away]"
I'll be honest and say that at first I wasn't angry. In fact, I thought that they learned their lesson and decided they weren't going to do that anymore. I've seen them do that in the past; When we don't care for something, they typically promise never to do that again and they don't. But then they thrust upon us this THING and people are even MORE upset over it now. And now they've turned the community against each other, when they tell us that this IS a place for friends and that this is a place to hang out at.
And I'm with you on that; The wanting it all to STOP, and just having the Gaia Staff sit us all down and just LISTENING to us. It feels like they're not listening at this point, and this is where my faith is wavering, and that's why they've lost my trust. Don't they understand that they're losing people now?- I'm not saying I'm one of those people, but I mean that towards those who are leaving / have left now over this whole mess.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

When the halo was offered in the sale, the only thing that bothered me was the vehemence of some users against those who spend cash. Like, wtf is your problem? It's not your money they're 'squandering'. xp

But this Verge thing, this got me concerned.
It didn't only alienate people, but it also offended the very same gc spenders it hoped to 'reward'. gonk

And now the 500k gold for first time gc users is pouring more oil to the fire. When will it end?

I don't know where gaia is heading, and the posts above just confirmed what I feared. sad

Buggy Mage

Ideally, I wish Gaia to be around for many years to come. I don't particulary like C Verge but if they keep making great items for it I will be hard for me to disagree. So far, Icey Ascension is amazing but not my cup of tea.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I need to refill the cash I spent this weekend. So I
still support the site by being on here and with my money.
I know, the horror! I am doing what I want with my money.
Everyone judge now! rofl

I will support this site by being here and with my money
until it dies. I will go down with the ship, that's none of anyone
else's concern even though everyone wants to make it their
concern for whatever bullshit righteous reason they give.

I feel bad for Sisky having to deal with so much negativity. I
think she does a very good job though. Keep at it, Sisky!

With the amount of money I spend on Gaia, it should be good
for a ******** life age. scream

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Devoted Loiterer

I Sinistro I

I think people have every right to be upset over what's been happening as of late. From what I've read it seems like the community is realizing that that Gaia's not what it used to be, and they're genuinely concerned. They see that certain staff announces bug fixes or upgrades to X feature, and everyone anticipates it, but next thing you know, that staff member is laid off, and Gaia pushes harder for more cash right after- and why, when it's not being allocated to those broken and degrading features that actually need fixing? They see that staff are brushing off their concerns with the direction of the site and the effect that these premium item pushes and massive gold handouts will have on the Gaian economy in the near future; and giving everyone the impression that they no longer care.

seems things jumped on the highway to hell as soon as this new CEO stepped in, and I'm also worried about Gaia's future. I think we all want proof at this point, and not just some flimsy claims by Sisky the messenger, but actual strait-up, honest proof that the big wigs aren't intentionally driving away their userbase by treating them like cash cows, stirring up all this distrust and outrage, and driving Gaia into the ground.

Special Snowflake

I Sinistro I

It feels like they ignored us and just went on with Club Verge AFTER everyone got angry with the summer "sale". I feel like they ignored us- Or maybe not "they", but maybe the CEO ignored us and made them go ahead instead with this Club Verge thing. It's like. . They knew how we felt about the sales, but it didn't matter how we felt. It was more like "Eh, who cares? Let's shut them up with this. Make them feel oh so important" but then they saw it pissed us off EVEN MORE, so they're like "Oh ********!!. . . [Whistles as they walk away]"
I'll be honest and say that at first I wasn't angry. In fact, I thought that they learned their lesson and decided they weren't going to do that anymore. I've seen them do that in the past; When we don't care for something, they typically promise never to do that again and they don't. But then they thrust upon us this THING and people are even MORE upset over it now. And now they've turned the community against each other, when they tell us that this IS a place for friends and that this is a place to hang out at.
And I'm with you on that; The wanting it all to STOP, and just having the Gaia Staff sit us all down and just LISTENING to us. It feels like they're not listening at this point, and this is where my faith is wavering, and that's why they've lost my trust. Don't they understand that they're losing people now?- I'm not saying I'm one of those people, but I mean that towards those who are leaving / have left now over this whole mess.

Agreed, it does feel that way, very much so. It's as if there was a set-in-stone- schedule that for some reason couldn't be moved, and that this all had to be implemented by "this point in time" instead going, "Hey wait, we should put it back a bit and address things and let things cool off" more things were added to the mix...

I'm not particularly angry at exclusive clubs/shops, but I can see why some might be... but I feel like I'm past the point of posting about it specifically now... I think it's best for me to just step back and see how it pans out sweatdrop Otherwise, I might get sucked up in the animosity, or say things I don't particularly mean.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

I Sinistro I

I honestly had hope that they cared. But after Sisky said that sending the 500k bonus from any mules you get it on to your main is ok, and that they are basically risking our economy to chance. No I'm saddened to say they don't seem to care anymore. All the suggestions that have been in Site Feedback about the current issues are being completely brushed off. They are even answering out questions with a question.

All these huge cash releases and so close together make me feel like they are either gonna pull a TinerMe incident, dump this site for their new 18+ site whenever that gets released, or they are just hoping to do what many places had done, and that is screw the economy up so bad that even though it's free to play, you have to spend cash to even make any decent amount of gold.

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
Pen 7

The staff member thing; I didn't connect the dots. At the time, all I knew was: Sometimes it happens in companies, and I thought that it was a normal thing. . But then more people were laid off, and then I thought it was a bit weird. Then these sales happen and I'm like "What the ******** is this?"
Really, they need to stop treating us this way, and just be straight forward and honest with us. If something is deeply the matter with them, money wise or whatever, I'd be willing to help then. I still love this place despite what's going on, I just want them to BE ******** honest with us for a change. None of this hush-hush s**t, and secret-keeping. Don't they see that some of us are worried / scared? And if they see that, why aren't they doing anything about it? We're most of what makes the site, if anymore of us leave or stop supporting them, they're not going to have any support. They need to change. And they need to change now. This direction is obviously upsetting the majority of us. We need honesty- Give us a reason to trust again, and most of us will trust again.

Jin Love

Sisky is taking way too much of the heat for it. . Somebody needs to step in and just TELL US what we need to hear. Tell us the honest to God / Gods truth. That's ALL most of us want.
And honestly, the way I'm seeing it; all of these GC releases, and what have you, it's making me feel like they're simply saying: "Here, take this. Now shut the ******** up." And that's hurtful. VERY hurtful.

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
Soubi-chu

Well, I'm not saying that I'm going to leave Gaia. . Of course, I am leaving if things don't change (and people are saying that that's not going to happen anytime soon, so I may be leaving soon. Who knows?), I'm just saying that they won't have me to give them money- not that that matters to them, as I'm being looked at as just a simple statistic and not so much as a person at this point. Or at least, that's how it's looking to me. Y'know?
I'll stay here until the site goes down in flames, or they'll really piss me off and I'll just simply leave.

And I feel bad for Sisky, too. She's getting the brunt of all of this bullshit- I bet she's at the point where she's ready to go all Gangster Sisky and cut a b***h while she shouts "WHO'S NEXT???" If there even IS another Gaia Awards thing, we should nominate her for something.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I'd just like to say for them to charge $250 for a one pose item sprinkled with pencil shavings, there better be a critical monetary, bankruptcy-type deal going on. That's the only way that I could even forgive it. The only ones even halfway worth the price are the Anit-Hero and the custom SDPlus doll. And even then I think you could spend the money on something much better. $500 is PS4 money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff