Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

i sort of lurk for a while, then ease into posting more frequently. i try and be nice and polite, and respectful too. i don't just bowl up into a forum and be like "hey look at me i'm fabulous, now bow down peasants!"

the cb, definitely. it's really hard to assimilate into their community. i used to only ever post there, and could name most of the regs there, but it's such a fast-moving forum, and those considered to be regs change constantly, so it's pretty intimidating. also like 80% of the people that post there are pretty... immature. which i guess is rich coming from me (i'm sixteen) but then i've always gotten along better with people older than me. (also just out of curiosity i went back there for a peek, it's just as random as i remember, only all the names have changed...)

i lurked here a lot before finally working up the courage to post some stuff. i tried to get a feel for how to act, what sort of stuff was popular here, and such before i posted anything. and i don't think even now i've made any topics here haha.

i consider people to be regs when i can recognise their names, when i see them a lot, and in a lot of different topics, and when i can recognise their avatars, or post styles. obviously posting a lot is another thing too, but yeah. i'd not consider myself a reg here, but i do come here a lot, and i post here a fair bit when i'm in the mood. i'm comfortable posting here, it's a nice atmosphere. i've noticed the average age here is higher than in placed like the gd and the cb. i'm definitely part of a minority here, haha!

also gosh wall of text. that's one of my habits, typing too much u v u ;;

Ruthless Informer

11,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Champion 300
  • PvP 200
The only Forum I don't feel comfortable posting in is The GD.

Dedicated Conventioneer

I always felt welcome in GCD-- even from my first posts. I consider this my home forum for the most part.

I enjoy posting in SF but I also think they're a little more difficult to "assimilate" to. smile

Professional Novice

User Image
I don't worry about it too much. Every forum has posts from people who aren't regulars there. I'll just blend in with them, I suppose. But really, even here in the GCD, I see people I don't recognize. I don't automatically shun them for it. They have just as much right to post here as anyone. I expect other people to be civil like that too, and if they are not, then that's their problem. :3

Then again, I wonder if I would still feel that way if I were not a GCDer. In the real world, some people are citizens of their hometown; they know all about what goes on in their one small corner. Others may be citizens of a particular country; they follow all the national issues. Still others are citizens of the world.

The GCD by its nature is a place where people discuss the site and all its parts. So GCDers may tend to be regulars of Gaia rather than just regulars of a particular forum.

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I have my forums where I post more or less regular.
Well, right now this contains only the GCD and whenever there's a Event, the Event Forum ^^

Sometimes I feel like spamming nonsense, so I post a bit in the CB emotion_awesome

The other forums, well, they don't really attract me that much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff