Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE SVB is throwing some BIG Gaian Events Soon.

*PMs you to figure out more about these events* 0.061224489795918 6.1% [ 9 ]
WOAH 0.3265306122449 32.7% [ 48 ]
Wait...this poll makes sense 0.31972789115646 32.0% [ 47 ]
Well ******** marry me BC 0.29251700680272 29.3% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 147 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

- Why do you hit the ignore button?
I don't think I've ever hit it.
- Do you think people ignore people for petty reasons?
Yes, after reading your post.
- Have you ever ignored someone for something you think might have been a little silly?
Nope
- Have you ever been ignored?
I don't know but possibly.
- If so for what reason?
Being rude back in the days
- What do you think about the concept of white/black lists?
Don't care
- Anything else you want to add?
Nahhh.
- Blind wishes you a pleasant afternoon. For long-cooking dishes, add herbs and spices an hour or less before serving. Cooking spices for too long may result in overly strong flavors
I'm hungry

Heroic Bilge rat

I'll ignore people but a few weeks later clear my ignore list.

I don't really use it as a threat.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I mostly ignore people by the old fashioned way of ignoring them with my brain?

I ignore the usual trolls and all that but sometimes I'll ignore someone on here if they keep posting in my threads off topic.
It's harder to ignore people in the GCD now it's practically dead, you'd end up not being able to post in any threads if you put all the annoying people on ignore XD

Nerd

I //only// ignore someone if they become extremely annoying or insulting/rude. My ignore list is very small.

I should use it more often, to save myself from interweb-induced stress, but I have a lot of patience with people & sometimes think that explaining myself or a misunderstood situation will fix things. Rarely does...
i've never ignored anyone.... i didn't realize there were people that bad on gaia, i guess o_O;
knock on wood, but i've never seen someone be really rude or insulting.
i always thought that was something i'd leave for the MODs? as in i don't go out of my way to find wrong-doers.

Dapper Puppy

Considering how willing I am to ignore people in all other formats, I tend to be quite forgiving when it comes to gaia. Seven years and I've yet to ignore someone. I feel special.

Dapper Darling

Blind Clarity
<3333

I laugh when silly people ignore people over a debate it's like

O.o are you 3.

Geez.

So butthurt lolz.
      "lolz ignored? u must be buttmad"
      Nah. I'm not particularly fussed, just not amused enough. In other words, I'm bored and lazy; make your trolling/raging interesting wink
      I find myself more tolerant when I'm amused or engaged.

In the walking world, I consider the cold shoulder to be the most ineffective way to deal with conflict. I'd like to be able to keep an open dialogue with everyone I meet on the internet, as I try to do in real life; but distance and virtual anonymity can bring out the very worst in humans.
      Online, I'm not obligated to care.

I usually agree with your opinions in threads, but when someone throws out that phrase, I immediately classify them as an inept troll whining because they've been denied access to their target. If you honestly wanted to communicate with people, you'd compromise & connect. If you don't, you didn't -- and that isn't a bad thing. It doesn't matter; it's the internet.

Fashionable Businesswoman

the jilted age
Blind Clarity
<3333

O.o are you 3.

Geez.

So butthurt lolz.
      Nah. I'm not particularly fussed, just not amused enough. In other words, I'm bored and lazy; make your trolling/raging interesting wink

In the walking world, I consider the cold shoulder to be the most ineffective way to deal with conflict. I'd like to be able to keep an open dialogue with everyone I meet on the internet, as I try to do in real life; but distance and virtual anonymity can bring out the very worst in humans.

I usually agree with your opinions in threads, but when someone throws out that phrase, I immediately classify them as an inept troll whining because they've been denied access to their target. If you honestly wanted to communicate with people, you'd compromise & connect. If you don't, you didn't -- and that isn't a bad thing. It doesn't matter; it's the internet.

I have no idea what you are talking about. No one is trolling....yet Sadly no wild Jake has appeared.

There is a difference between walking away from a conflict, and putting a person on an ignore list never to see a post from them again.

Quite frankly it's childish. It's one thing if some one is being harassed, but ignore listing someone because you disagree with them is a prime example of bring butthurt. No one sees perfectly eye to eye in the world, but we keep on going.

There are quite a bit of people I disagree with on topics. But that doesn't mean we don't go into another thread and totally agree with each other and have fun.

So I stand by my stance of people who ignore list people because their opinions are not in perfect tune are buthurtt people.

Dapper Darling

Blind Clarity
the jilted age
Blind Clarity
<3333

O.o are you 3.

Geez.

So butthurt lolz.

I have no idea what you are talking about. No one is trolling....yet Sadly no wild Jake has appeared.

There is a difference between walking away from a conflict, and putting a person on an ignore list never to see a post from them again.

Quite frankly it's childish. It's one thing if some one is being harassed, but ignore listing someone because you disagree with them is a prime example of bring butthurt. No one sees perfectly eye to eye in the world, but we keep on going.

There are quite a bit of people I disagree with on topics. But that doesn't mean we don't go into another thread and totally agree with each other and have fun.

So I stand by my stance of people who ignore list people because their opinions are not in perfect tune are buthurtt people.
      inb4 ignored

I should clarify: in the context of a friendly debate (such as this), using +ignore as if it would emphasize how much you disagree with someone -- in such a situation, I would agree with you. Perhaps I've been lucky in my choice of conversational partners, because I rarely see retaliatory +ignoring. I don't think it happens nearly as often as is claimed -- but I see a lot of trolls fling "BUTTMAD LOLOLOL".

the jilted age
Blind Clarity
the jilted age
Blind Clarity
<3333

O.o are you 3.

Geez.

So butthurt lolz.

inb4 ignored

I should clarify: in the context of a friendly debate (such as this), using +ignore as if it would emphasize how much you disagree with someone -- in such a situation, I would agree with you. Perhaps I've been lucky in my choice of conversational partners, because I rarely see retaliatory +ignoring. I don't think it happens nearly as often as is claimed -- but I see a lot of trolls fling "BUTTMAD LOLOLOL".

In the SF and GD it happens a lot more than here. Kinda hard to get worked up personally over Gaia. But it does happen in the GCD. Quite frequently among users who contentiously run into each other with opposing opinions. I've seen guild functions squabbled over a lot because users run into people on their ignore list through quotations.

It's rather funny, to have someone type in caps in a thread. STOP QUOTING I IGNORED THAT PERSON FOR A REASON, THEY THOUGHT BACKWINGS WERE STUPID.

Srs. That's a RL example.

Dapper Darling

Blind Clarity
the jilted age
Blind Clarity
the jilted age
Blind Clarity
<3333

O.o are you 3.

Geez.

So butthurt lolz.

inb4 ignored

In the SF and GD it happens a lot more than here. Kinda hard to get worked up personally over Gaia. But it does happen in the GCD. Quite frequently among users who contentiously run into each other with opposing opinions. I've seen guild functions squabbled over a lot because users run into people on their ignore list through quotations.

It's rather funny, to have someone type in caps in a thread. STOP QUOTING I IGNORED THAT PERSON FOR A REASON, THEY THOUGHT BACKWINGS WERE STUPID.

Ok, I laughed so hard, I choked up a little blood.

the jilted age
Blind Clarity
the jilted age
Blind Clarity
the jilted age
Blind Clarity
<3333

O.o are you 3.

Geez.

So butthurt lolz.

inb4 ignored

Ok, I laughed so hard, I choked up a little blood.

Hang around this place eight years, and you'll need stitches on a monthly basis.

Mega Noob

I...have never ignored anyone, even when I was a mod and I was severely tempted. It's not because I'm a good person, and let a lot of things slide off my back, it's really because I'm...I'm extremely lazy.

So lazy that I don't want to complete the few steps to ignore someone, even if they are attacking me personally.

I'm more like, "It's the internet. You're yelling at me...over the internet. I'm going to make a PB&J sandwich, I'll be back in a few." xd

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It was pretty useful when I was trying to get the Invisible achievement. The only time I used that was when I got into an argument with someone. I didn't want to read her posts after that.
I vend so I get strange, incoherent PMs. Sometimes they're annoying so off to the ignore list they go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff