Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Loiterer

Who cares nowadays? Nothing is sacred anymore; it's all just a joke. lol
Only stuff I'll ever be able to buy with gold will be the fail items from RIGs now, anyway.

Questionable Creature

Beast Henshin
>Sees the thread
>Checks MP
Where's the 8M? All I see is 29M and over >:C

I'm talking about normal prices of things before the Flynn's Booty and all the crazy that has happened since August. Hence why I phrased it "before the crazy"

Mysterious Trickster

Naya Merai
Kain-Senpai
35-40m was due to Flynnflation, not the gradual inflation the item should have received over the years...so, it being released has brought it down to the amount if should have been before all of this.

I mostly feel for the users who purchased Horns at the extremely high prices. Especially if they purchased the item as a mean of leverage for higher quest amount or to sell later. Ouch.

But, personally, I bought my Horns back in late 2005, right around the time they were floating the 1m mark. Don't feel sorry for me.

I'm basing my thread discussion on the actual prices of the items before the Flynn's Booty and all of that.

Ah.
Well, still... don't feel bad for me. ^^;;

Questionable Creature

ShadMaria4ever
Only stuff I'll ever be able to buy with gold will be the fail items from RIGs now, anyway.

Yeah unless you have money you're willing to spend on Gaia crazy or you wanna keep selling old things for new avi's and not ever build up an invo, then there is no making enough for anything anymore. I hope all this crazy brings out people being generous and donating more often again, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Yesterday I sold a lot of my junk that skyrockted to get my Eccentric Resonance. But now I've got less once cheapy items I don't need to sell and I'm down to anything worth something being my good items I wouldn't sell.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Undead Hatter
Aperture Sentry Turret
http://imageshack.us/a/img27/6713/6ob.png" Target acquired. "

»»» But I thought HOTD used to be around 8 mil or so before Flynn? I just checked the MP and they're 28m, or was it 24m? Can't remember now. Either way, they're not "down" to 8m from what I can see.

" Shutting down. "

What she is saying is that slowly they are making their jouny back down to the normal range of them. They were 6-8 mill before inflation. Now they are coming back down, but they will raise up again once this sale is over.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» Yes, probably. Items tend to drop just before, or during a sale and then rise back up when the sale is over. These will probably do the same thing.

Also congratulations, you are the first person I've seen with animated eyes on their avatar where I feel they actually work. Looks good!

" Shutting down. "

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter
HoD flew around 6mill before inflation. Being a owner of HoD for a couple years I can verify this. This decrease is welcome, and I hope more items will deflate like this. This is a good thing, I do not feel bad for anyone over paying for a item. It is your money/gold spend it as you wish, you are liable if you lose gold.

But technically nothing is deflated right now it's all just totally crazy. I'm thinking more about before the crazy when I knew what stuff worth pricing two items like this at the same cash price, which were of totally different rarities and value, just makes no sense to me. It's one thing if the users choose to overtime start lowering prices on something. But it's another thing entirely when Gaia knowingly makes an item much more rare than another, worth only the same as the clearly less rare item. They should at least price things more rare than something else, at a higher price tag than things that were always worth less and more common.

I'll level with you sweetheart it isn't worth it. Like I said it is needed, this deflation is needed. I looked up HoD and it is at 24 mill. That is 3x higher then it was previously this year. Yet it was flying nearly 40mill before this re-release, so I am just believing it is not worth buying,selling, and or anything related to gold and or items on this site. For once in my 5 years, I am giving up hope on this god forsaken site. The users have ruined it. The lack of communication and care from the admins/mods/etc, hurts this site. I want to ensure if I buy 20$ of gaia faggortory I can ensure that I can have fun with that whole 20$ yet 20$'s gets me one rig, one REI, and a 2$ item. Yet last year 20$'s got you a bundle that had a bunch of goodies that you could enjoy, and you might get lucky and get a damn recolor item. Gaiaonline is not focusing on the fact they need to remain where they belong. A small site, in a small community, with nice sponsors here and there. Gaiaonline gets MAX 20k users, that is SMALL! compared to other community websites. WHY EXPAND WHEN YOU ARE THE SIZE OF A NUT!? That is dumb, that is a gamble. What they are doing is a horrible idea. I can rant on forever...

TL;DR Gaiaonline is stupid, don't waist your money. Inflation and it's users ruined the site.

I didn't plan on spending my money on here, I don't have money to spend anyways. And it's gaia and the flynn crap that is raising prices not the users. If they're gonna push a few bil into the economy with cash obviously no one's gonna list low anymore.

In end getting rid of the user who plays for free. It is still a play for free website however, reason being is the fact that they are TOO DAMN SMALL! To even try to be pay to play. If they did that they would cut their own heads off, and call it done. What they are doing is attempting to capitalize on the fact of gaia cash and how you can hit millions quick. I.E join the site, get rich, don't stress. Yet if you are play for free you would be POOR, and continue to get less poor every day. In end two things will happen, you will either JOIN IN and buy the gaia crap. AND OR you will leave. Gaia should focus on features, like zOMG!, Games, and etc. They are hanging them selves like this. No new user wants to play a game where you have to ******** pay to get anywhere in the game. The forums are boring and bland, the games are bad and bland. Everything is revolving around GOLD/Gaia cash. If you don't got gold, and you don't got money you might as well just pack up and leave the site. They killed any idea of having a free user in the website, what is the point when you can't get enough gold to vend, and or do anything around the site. No point in poll whoring, daily chance whoring, fish whoring, game whoring. Reason being is that all of those pay out TOO SMALL! In this current economy 100GG holds no value in today economy on gaiaonline. Hell even 100k holds no value, even 5mill holds little to NO value.

TL;DR Gaiaonline's gold to gaia cash ratio is bad, new users wont be willing to spend gaia cash and in end will leave. The games are poor, advertisements are annoying, and gold holds no value anymore. In end making gaiaonline not worth playing at all.

Ice-Cold Victory

the_true_iori
Kid Jak
If you have an Item what does it matter how other people get that item.

What you say Santa?

User Image
The issue is that donation items were supposed to represent a unique item that, outside of conventions, would not be re-released. Gaia had gone on record saying they would NOT re-release old donation items because they valued their users (back before they started calling them customers).

While the decision to re-release was beneficial for the vast majority of users, it also represents Gaia breaking a promise to old users and that raises some very obvious trust issues.

They addressed this issue earlier this year when the halo first went on sale. Basically said that this statement was made ten years ago and something something that essentially retracted it, opening up the possibility of old donation item rereleases in the cash shop.

As someone who has owned both an Angelic Sash and HOTD since 2004, the price discrepancy is eh. I've never planned on selling either, and these days, I hardly look at the cash price vs gold value for flash sales items. Many days I don't even bother checking the prices on flash sale items. To me, Angelic Sash sold for "expensive", and HOTD sold for "expensive".

Questionable Creature

Undead Hatter
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter
HoD flew around 6mill before inflation. Being a owner of HoD for a couple years I can verify this. This decrease is welcome, and I hope more items will deflate like this. This is a good thing, I do not feel bad for anyone over paying for a item. It is your money/gold spend it as you wish, you are liable if you lose gold.

But technically nothing is deflated right now it's all just totally crazy. I'm thinking more about before the crazy when I knew what stuff worth pricing two items like this at the same cash price, which were of totally different rarities and value, just makes no sense to me. It's one thing if the users choose to overtime start lowering prices on something. But it's another thing entirely when Gaia knowingly makes an item much more rare than another, worth only the same as the clearly less rare item. They should at least price things more rare than something else, at a higher price tag than things that were always worth less and more common.

I'll level with you sweetheart it isn't worth it. Like I said it is needed, this deflation is needed. I looked up HoD and it is at 24 mill. That is 3x higher then it was previously this year. Yet it was flying nearly 40mill before this re-release, so I am just believing it is not worth buying,selling, and or anything related to gold and or items on this site. For once in my 5 years, I am giving up hope on this god forsaken site. The users have ruined it. The lack of communication and care from the admins/mods/etc, hurts this site. I want to ensure if I buy 20$ of gaia faggortory I can ensure that I can have fun with that whole 20$ yet 20$'s gets me one rig, one REI, and a 2$ item. Yet last year 20$'s got you a bundle that had a bunch of goodies that you could enjoy, and you might get lucky and get a damn recolor item. Gaiaonline is not focusing on the fact they need to remain where they belong. A small site, in a small community, with nice sponsors here and there. Gaiaonline gets MAX 20k users, that is SMALL! compared to other community websites. WHY EXPAND WHEN YOU ARE THE SIZE OF A NUT!? That is dumb, that is a gamble. What they are doing is a horrible idea. I can rant on forever...

TL;DR Gaiaonline is stupid, don't waist your money. Inflation and it's users ruined the site.

I didn't plan on spending my money on here, I don't have money to spend anyways. And it's gaia and the flynn crap that is raising prices not the users. If they're gonna push a few bil into the economy with cash obviously no one's gonna list low anymore.

In end getting rid of the user who plays for free. It is still a play for free website however, reason being is the fact that they are TOO DAMN SMALL! To even try to be pay to play. If they did that they would cut their own heads off, and call it done. What they are doing is attempting to capitalize on the fact of gaia cash and how you can hit millions quick. I.E join the site, get rich, don't stress. Yet if you are play for free you would be POOR, and continue to get less poor every day. In end two things will happen, you will either JOIN IN and buy the gaia crap. AND OR you will leave. Gaia should focus on features, like zOMG!, Games, and etc. They are hanging them selves like this. No new user wants to play a game where you have to ******** pay to get anywhere in the game. The forums are boring and bland, the games are bad and bland. Everything is revolving around GOLD/Gaia cash. If you don't got gold, and you don't got money you might as well just pack up and leave the site. They killed any idea of having a free user in the website, what is the point when you can't get enough gold to vend, and or do anything around the site. No point in poll whoring, daily chance whoring, fish whoring, game whoring. Reason being is that all of those pay out TOO SMALL! In this current economy 100GG holds no value in today economy on gaiaonline. Hell even 100k holds no value, even 5mill holds little to NO value.

TL;DR Gaiaonline's gold to gaia cash ratio is bad, new users wont be willing to spend gaia cash and in end will leave. The games are poor, advertisements are annoying, and gold holds no value anymore. In end making gaiaonline not worth playing at all.

Yeah like I said in my first post I don't support any of this cash to gold crap one bit. I'm just saying that if they're gonna do it no matter what we say, at least do it right and don't give items of once totally different rarity, the exact same price tag.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
the_true_iori
Kid Jak
If you have an Item what does it matter how other people get that item.

What you say Santa?

User Image
The issue is that donation items were supposed to represent a unique item that, outside of conventions, would not be re-released. Gaia had gone on record saying they would NOT re-release old donation items because they valued their users (back before they started calling them customers).

While the decision to re-release was beneficial for the vast majority of users, it also represents Gaia breaking a promise to old users and that raises some very obvious trust issues.

The Promise was they would not re-release those items as a Monthly Collectible or Donation Item.

They never said they would not sell the items again.

a lot of this but hurt over broken promises is because Users never took the time to actually read what they were promised and let themselves hear what they wanted to hear.

very rarely will Users take the time to research what was said before Streaming their perceived injustice

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Aperture Sentry Turret
Undead Hatter
Aperture Sentry Turret

»»» But I thought HOTD used to be around 8 mil or so before Flynn? I just checked the MP and they're 28m, or was it 24m? Can't remember now. Either way, they're not "down" to 8m from what I can see.

" Shutting down. "

What she is saying is that slowly they are making their jouny back down to the normal range of them. They were 6-8 mill before inflation. Now they are coming back down, but they will raise up again once this sale is over.

" Target acquired. "

»»» Yes, probably. Items tend to drop just before, or during a sale and then rise back up when the sale is over. These will probably do the same thing.

Also congratulations, you are the first person I've seen with animated eyes on their avatar where I feel they actually work. Looks good!

" Shutting down. "

As always it will happen, no item is sacred and or worth owning. I honestly believe everyone should just make a OC avatar, and call it good. There is no point in owning "UBER" items in my own eyes. You can refer to my previous posts, I think I have drained out everything that was on my mind about Gaiaonline.

Thanks btw. smile

Lonely Loiterer

Naya Merai
ShadMaria4ever

Yeah unless you have money you're willing to spend on Gaia crazy or you wanna keep selling old things for new avi's and not ever build up an invo, then there is no making enough for anything anymore. I hope all this crazy brings out people being generous and donating more often again, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Yesterday I sold a lot of my junk that skyrockted to get my Eccentric Resonance. But now I've got less once cheapy items I don't need to sell and I'm down to anything worth something being my good items I wouldn't sell.

Yup. I got up to 45m when they introduced Flynn's Chest in CV. I'm down to 600k and only got like, 5 items. I would've been able to get 10 before.

Questionable Creature

ShadMaria4ever
Naya Merai
ShadMaria4ever

Yup. I got up to 45m when they introduced Flynn's Chest in CV. I'm down to 600k and only got like, 5 items. I would've been able to get 10 before.

Yeah I pretty much made gold by selling my items that skyrockted to get something new I could now see affording by selling things I actually didn't want at the moment. Rather than being all "hmm should i sell this item I always used a lot and like to get that." But after so long I'll run out of those items to sell and I'll be left with only stuff I love and no way to make enough gold for anything anymore.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter

Yeah like I said in my first post I don't support any of this cash to gold crap one bit. I'm just saying that if they're gonna do it no matter what we say, at least do it right and don't give items of once totally different rarity, the exact same price tag.

Eh the price tag to me means nothing, I don't intend to buy anything from this site. I once bought it until I made this avatar and I called it good. I honestly have NO USE for any items on this site. I only focus on features, and what might interest me. Yet rally is all glitchy with my avatar and everything just seems bland and boring on this site. There is no interaction. I also strongly hate how if you STATE anything that might show that Gaiaonline is a corrupt website that honestly is not wroth playing, they get rid of you so that you can't spread the truth anywhere else. I've seen it with my own eyes, innocent users banned, for small, unrelieved things that they believed was "ToS Violation" Yet if you read the ToS gaiaonline has in end broke it's own rules time, after time. This site is in end a boring site that is not worth touching. They need to improve on the interaction. WHO WANTS TO PLAY THE SAME GAME OVER, AND OVER AGAIN! Give me some pong or something...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Undead Hatter
Aperture Sentry Turret
Undead Hatter
Aperture Sentry Turret

" Shutting down. "

" Shutting down. "

As always it will happen, no item is sacred and or worth owning. I honestly believe everyone should just make a OC avatar, and call it good. There is no point in owning "UBER" items in my own eyes. You can refer to my previous posts, I think I have drained out everything that was on my mind about Gaiaonline.

Thanks btw. smile

" Target acquired. "

»»» That is true. OC avatars are nice. My current avatar is based on an OC of mine, as close as I can get to his appearance with what Gaia has to offer. (Sans wings because my character does not have wings, though I have yet to decide if he is human or machine.) My other outfit is kind of an OC, but a fandom based one. She's a humanoid turret. heart

You're welcome!

" Shutting down. "
Kid Jak
the_true_iori

The Promise was they would not re-release those items as a Monthly Collectible or Donation Item.

They never said they would not sell the items again.

a lot of this but hurt over broken promises is because Users never took the time to actually read what they were promised and let themselves hear what they wanted to hear.

very rarely will Users take the time to research what was said before Streaming their perceived injustice
A question that was asked at a majority of conventions in the 2007-2009 years was 'will we ever get old Donation Items/MCs?' and the answer was always 'outside of special events [implicitly conventions] no.' If what you were saying was true they would not have also specifically said that zOMG would not be including old MCs or Donation Items because they wanted to maintain the 'specialness' of older donation items.

It's cute that you think you understand this issue though.

Cyriistar
the_true_iori

They addressed this issue earlier this year when the halo first went on sale. Basically said that this statement was made ten years ago and something something that essentially retracted it, opening up the possibility of old donation item rereleases in the cash shop.

As someone who has owned both an Angelic Sash and HOTD since 2004, the price discrepancy is eh. I've never planned on selling either, and these days, I hardly look at the cash price vs gold value for flash sales items. Many days I don't even bother checking the prices on flash sale items. To me, Angelic Sash sold for "expensive", and HOTD sold for "expensive".
I didn't realize that promises to users had expiration dates.

I have no issue with lowering the prices on expensive items nor do I have any investment in the site economy. Truth be told this actually makes things easier for me since I've wanted a sash forever but never really had the motivation to get one.

The issue is entirely that of trust. Gaia has no legal obligation not to re-release its items and it never has. All that existed was an implicit trust between users and administration that the items would not be re-released. It's vastly decreasing the stability of investments and that means that 'collectors' will be less likely to spend money on Gaia in the future. It seems as Gaia recognizes that collectors are now a tiny minority of users and is a-ok with neglecting their interests in order to appeal to the many. This isn't an unintelligent or even 'bad' move, it is simply showing that the individual users of Gaia mean nothing compared to the masses and consumers. If you're happy about this change good for you, but if you condemn the people who are angry at the change for being stingy, elitist or greedy you are simply demonstrating a lack of perspective and/or an elementary understanding of consumer - business interaction.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff