Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Creature

I'm seeing all these threads around Gaia about people feeling bad for HOTD owners now that it's been put in Cash Shop for 35 bucks. Probably the same threads were around for Angelic Sash getting listed or any of these items. So idk what the worth of anything is now. But what I do know is an item that before all this crazy was around 8mil just got listed for the same cash price as an item that was 35-40mil before all the crazy. Everyone that had an Angelic Sash before July or August just had it reduced to the worth of an HOTD. What do you think GCD? Is it wrong how Gaia isn't taking into consideration at all when listing these cash items, how certain items were worth way more than others? Do you think it's odd they're pricing so many items of totally different worth at equal cash values? I sure do. I don't support any of this crazy cash obsession, but if they're gonna do it, at least do it right.

Note: The prices I'm talking about and what this thread means by "before the crazy" is the actual real prices of things back in June or July. Before all the crazy happened like Flynn's Booty and Chests and cash sales that started in August. So items that in normal Gaia times were 35mil are now given a Cash Price that is the exact same as an item that in Gaia normal times, was only 8mil

Edit: Btw this thread isn't about me giving a crap about making profit off of old items or anything of the such. I don't even own either item I've mentioned. It's just a simple "why are items that were originally of totally different rarities, being priced exactly the same" statement. I just think it's wrong that they're trying to make the rarity of old MC's that came out at totally separate times, the exact same as each other. I think they should be priced accordingly not exactly the same as each other.

(sorry about disabling thread voting, I did that out of habit of doing it in CB)

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
If you have an Item what does it matter how other people get that item.

What you say Santa?

User Image

Questionable Creature

Kid Jak

What you say Santa?

User Image

I'm not arguing about people buying an item for Cash. I'm talking about how Gaia just made an item worth 35-40mil reduced to the price of an 8mil item by giving them the same cash value. If people wanna pay money for an item I really couldn't give a crap. It's the fact that items at totally different values and rarity in the aspect of gold, are getting listed at the exact same cash price as each other.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
HoD flew around 6mill before inflation. Being a owner of HoD for a couple years I can verify this. This decrease is welcome, and I hope more items will deflate like this. This is a good thing, I do not feel bad for anyone over paying for a item. It is your money/gold spend it as you wish, you are liable if you lose gold.

Questionable Creature

Undead Hatter
HoD flew around 6mill before inflation. Being a owner of HoD for a couple years I can verify this. This decrease is welcome, and I hope more items will deflate like this. This is a good thing, I do not feel bad for anyone over paying for a item. It is your money/gold spend it as you wish, you are liable if you lose gold.

But technically nothing is deflated right now it's all just totally crazy. I'm thinking more about before the crazy when I knew what stuff worth pricing two items like this at the same cash price, which were of totally different rarities and value, just makes no sense to me. It's one thing if the users choose to overtime start lowering prices on something. But it's another thing entirely when Gaia knowingly makes an item much more rare than another, worth only the same as the clearly less rare item. They should at least price things more rare than something else, at a higher price tag than things that were always worth less and more common.

Jolly Newb

12,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
Undead Hatter

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter

But technically nothing is deflated right now it's all just totally crazy. I'm thinking more about before the crazy when I knew what stuff worth pricing two items like this at the same cash price, which were of totally different rarities and value, just makes no sense to me. It's one thing if the users choose to overtime start lowering prices on something. But it's another thing entirely when Gaia knowingly makes an item much more rare than another, worth only the same as the clearly less rare item. They should at least price things more rare than something else, at a higher price tag than things that were always worth less and more common.

I'll level with you sweetheart it isn't worth it. Like I said it is needed, this deflation is needed. I looked up HoD and it is at 24 mill. That is 3x higher then it was previously this year. Yet it was flying nearly 40mill before this re-release, so I am just believing it is not worth buying,selling, and or anything related to gold and or items on this site. For once in my 5 years, I am giving up hope on this god forsaken site. The users have ruined it. The lack of communication and care from the admins/mods/etc, hurts this site. I want to ensure if I buy 20$ of gaia faggortory I can ensure that I can have fun with that whole 20$ yet 20$'s gets me one rig, one REI, and a 2$ item. Yet last year 20$'s got you a bundle that had a bunch of goodies that you could enjoy, and you might get lucky and get a damn recolor item. Gaiaonline is not focusing on the fact they need to remain where they belong. A small site, in a small community, with nice sponsors here and there. Gaiaonline gets MAX 20k users, that is SMALL! compared to other community websites. WHY EXPAND WHEN YOU ARE THE SIZE OF A NUT!? That is dumb, that is a gamble. What they are doing is a horrible idea. I can rant on forever...

TL;DR Gaiaonline is stupid, don't waist your money. Inflation and it's users ruined the site.

Charitable Streaker

22,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
i've had my horns since late 04, and i never planned on giving them up, so them being brought back out really doesnt effect me much.

as for the people who use these 03 items to vend whore..i laugh at you all.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» But I thought HOTD used to be around 8 mil or so before Flynn? I just checked the MP and they're 28m, or was it 24m? Can't remember now. Either way, they're not "down" to 8m from what I can see.

" Shutting down. "

Mysterious Trickster

35-40m was due to Flynnflation, not the gradual inflation the item should have received over the years...so, it being released has brought it down to the amount if should have been before all of this.

I mostly feel for the users who purchased Horns at the extremely high prices. Especially if they purchased the item as a mean of leverage for higher quest amount or to sell later. Ouch.

But, personally, I bought my Horns back in late 2005, right around the time they were floating the 1m mark. Don't feel sorry for me.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
>Sees the thread
>Checks MP
Where's the 8M? All I see is 29M and over >:C
Kid Jak

What you say Santa?

User Image
The issue is that donation items were supposed to represent a unique item that, outside of conventions, would not be re-released. Gaia had gone on record saying they would NOT re-release old donation items because they valued their users (back before they started calling them customers).

While the decision to re-release was beneficial for the vast majority of users, it also represents Gaia breaking a promise to old users and that raises some very obvious trust issues.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Aperture Sentry Turret
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» But I thought HOTD used to be around 8 mil or so before Flynn? I just checked the MP and they're 28m, or was it 24m? Can't remember now. Either way, they're not "down" to 8m from what I can see.

" Shutting down. "

What she is saying is that slowly they are making their jouny back down to the normal range of them. They were 6-8 mill before inflation. Now they are coming back down, but they will raise up again once this sale is over.

Questionable Creature

Undead Hatter
Naya Merai
Undead Hatter

I'll level with you sweetheart it isn't worth it. Like I said it is needed, this deflation is needed. I looked up HoD and it is at 24 mill. That is 3x higher then it was previously this year. Yet it was flying nearly 40mill before this re-release, so I am just believing it is not worth buying,selling, and or anything related to gold and or items on this site. For once in my 5 years, I am giving up hope on this god forsaken site. The users have ruined it. The lack of communication and care from the admins/mods/etc, hurts this site. I want to ensure if I buy 20$ of gaia faggortory I can ensure that I can have fun with that whole 20$ yet 20$'s gets me one rig, one REI, and a 2$ item. Yet last year 20$'s got you a bundle that had a bunch of goodies that you could enjoy, and you might get lucky and get a damn recolor item. Gaiaonline is not focusing on the fact they need to remain where they belong. A small site, in a small community, with nice sponsors here and there. Gaiaonline gets MAX 20k users, that is SMALL! compared to other community websites. WHY EXPAND WHEN YOU ARE THE SIZE OF A NUT!? That is dumb, that is a gamble. What they are doing is a horrible idea. I can rant on forever...

TL;DR Gaiaonline is stupid, don't waist your money. Inflation and it's users ruined the site.

I didn't plan on spending my money on here, I don't have money to spend anyways. And it's gaia and the flynn crap that is raising prices not the users. If they're gonna push a few bil into the economy with cash obviously no one's gonna list low anymore.

Questionable Creature

Kain-Senpai
35-40m was due to Flynnflation, not the gradual inflation the item should have received over the years...so, it being released has brought it down to the amount if should have been before all of this.

I mostly feel for the users who purchased Horns at the extremely high prices. Especially if they purchased the item as a mean of leverage for higher quest amount or to sell later. Ouch.

But, personally, I bought my Horns back in late 2005, right around the time they were floating the 1m mark. Don't feel sorry for me.

I'm basing my thread discussion on the actual prices of the items before the Flynn's Booty and all of that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff