Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bunny

I would lend soem to my friend because I know her IRL and she is awsome
but I really have nothing to loan anyways

Dapper Mage

I would lend items out to either RL friends or people that I've known on Gaia for quite a while. If someone came out of the blue and asked me to lend them an item, then I would request an item similar in price as colateral. I've been asked several times by newbs/n00bs/aquantances for items. I've even had people wanting to buy several of my items. I do colateral because of an incident that happened last January. Someone lent their Angelic Scarf in exchange for my prized Yukata. I never saw it again. I still have the PM's I used to tell him I want it back in my Inbox.
I've never lent out items before, and there's only a handful of users I would lend items to... But no one would ever ask me, because my most expensive item is my Ninja Headband, and I won't take it off. sweatdrop
1) Would you ever lend an item to anyone? If so, who and why? Not often but for people I was close too, maybe.

2) Whats you policy with collateral? Is anything worth enough? Uh. Er. *shrug*
3) Have you ever been ask by a Newbie, N00b, or aquintance to lend them your item? Sadly enough, yes. I was also scammed. But that was like. A year ago. I've learned.
4) Have you ever lent/borrowed an item to/from someone? How did it go? Yes. Bad. Very bad. I lost like. 7k gold (at the time).
My policie is if I don't know them off line, they don't get an item. Period.
I don't post enough or have enough Rares to get n00bs begging.

[fake caring]No one knows me! crying [/fake caring]

And no, I havn't lent anyone anything. However, I did buy my friend her butterfly wings! :3
Only thing I ever loaned to someone was my white pebbo hat, and it was just to my sis and in exchange she lent me this NM scarf. Nice trade if you ask me.
Some guy that I bought something from in the exchange started talking to me over AIM, and started begging me to lend him my Devil Tail for a bit so he could amaze his friends. I told him no, I had only been talking to him for a day and had no reason to trust him. I then ended up blocking him because he tried telling me that it didn't look good on my avatar anyway.

So, a couple days later, this girl that I had been talking to for about two weeks jokingly asked if she could borrow the tail when I told her about the incident. I let her.

How did it go? Quite well. I wanted to wear it a few days later, so she gave it back.

Later, I lent her about 150k worth of stuff, which she sold and exchanged and got over 200k out of it, so I let her keep some of the profit, and she gave the rest back.

What did I learn? Nothing. I couldn't really tell you under what circumstances one is to be trusted with your stuff. But I like trusting people... they just have to be my friend first, ask favors later.
No, I only lend Items to friends that I can trust.

And yes, people allways ask to borrow my OMG hat gonk I hate it!
1) Would you ever lend an item to anyone? If so, who and why? ((not username, but perhaps reason)) Yes, if i knew them enough and trusted them enough, then no problem.

2) Whats you policy with collateral? Is anything worth enough?
Its sort of hard to get collateral on a high priced item. because what? "I'll give you my anklets if you let me borrow your nitemare scarf" the scarf can be easilly sold for 10X the amount of whatever they give you.

3) Have you ever been ask by a Newbie, N00b, or aquintance to lend them your item? Yep, alot.

4) Have you ever lent/borrowed an item to/from someone? How did it go? Well I'm currently borrowing two items from friends and they have access to my account if they want their items back. I DID just recently lend out my devil horns to someone and they got hacked and my horns were stolen. sweatdrop That kinda makes me not want to lend things out anymore.

Tipsy Smoker

I have two friends I would loan anything in my inventory to, no questions asked, providing I'm not using those items at the time the loan is being requested. I'd also be willing to loan items to most of the GST regulars, without worrying about collateral. I've been told by new members I have nice stuff, but they've always gone to ask for donations, never to actually borrow anything of mine. So far I've never had trouble with loans.

I think I would loan an item to someone not in my group of friends, if they gave me something of equal value while they were using my item, but I'd be uncomfortable with it all the same...and I don't like borrowing other people's stuff. I'd rather just quest for it and buy the item myself.
domokun heart domokun heart domokun heart domokun
I can only think of one person who I would lend anything to, but he's a zombie, so I don't know if he'd want to borrow anything anyway. xD

We borrow gold from eachother often, though, and I trust him. :3 Just not anyone else.
1) Would you ever lend an item to anyone? If so, who and why? ((not username, but perhaps reason))

Probably not. I know I come across as the sort of person who would, but I'm not stupid enough to do it. At least, not without some major collatteral and saved evidence that the item was indeed lent.

2) Whats you policy with collateral? Is anything worth enough?

Everything's worth enough. I'd take security over the image of kindness anyday. It's not that I'm a hardass, it's just that I know I'm too trusting and have been burned in the past by this sort of thing.

3) Have you ever been ask by a Newbie, N00b, or aquintance to lend them your item?

Yep. Refused them- nobody's getting my Horns.

4) Have you ever lent/borrowed an item to/from someone? How did it go?

See first response. ^^ I'm much more likely to donate to someone else's quest than I am to just lend out the spoils of mine. I fall in love with my items. ._.

Locasta's little disclaimer: I don't donate to those who ask, so don't ask. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces