Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Puppy

We were already speculating this was going to happen when the news of OMGpop was bought out. So am surprised by this? Nope. The only game I played from them was Puzzle Dimensions, and that was taken down even before the purchase.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
A bit sad that 'draw my thing' is going... But there are plenty of other Pictionary type games around so... Meh. It is depressing that Zynga bought them. Die in a fire Zynga... Stop killing everything. D": /Though at least Pop Cap rejected Zynga's offer to buy them.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I feel bad to the ones who really enjoyed the games, but good riddence to them if they just latch onto the highest bidder. Gaia has enough leaches as it is(self-entitled users feeling a sense of unwarrented importance).

Trash Bear

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Draw My Thing was the only reason why I would log into Gaia...so entertaining.

There's not much else to do.. crying

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
MarStrife
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Draw My Thing was the only reason why I would log into Gaia...so entertaining.

Not much else?
M'kay each to his own opin i suppose?

Rare

I wasn't a fan of the OMGPOP games Gaia had, so I don't really care. If I do want to play any, I can just log onto my OMGPOP account and play them.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

User Image

I don't play any games.
Bad for the people who do though.
I also can't believe it was Zynga who bought them out O_o

User Image

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Belinda Aster
MarStrife

Not much else?

well im not into much on here. takes too much time and effort and commitment. I'm a college student, I come here for a break and to have some fun 'Draw My Thing'. Everything else is blah to me...I don't have time to commit to the activities on here. This site is geared towards much younger crowd..
Are you ******** kidding me?

I only play 3 games on gaia.
Draw my thing, Zomg, and rarely fishing.

I'm so ******** pissed to see it leave. I loved it better than most of the games on here.

I blame the stupid people at my school, playing the draw something app and supporting that shitty app with their shitty iphones, and texting each other in class while playing that app, I swear to god once I saw it in school, it was over. Fricken teenagers ruin everthing.

And yes for once, I am mad.
Some of them were fun. Kinda sad theyre leaving but w/e they'll be in memory. </3

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
MarStrife
Belinda Aster
MarStrife

Not much else?

well im not into much on here. takes too much time and effort and commitment. I'm a college student, I come here for a break and to have some fun 'Draw My Thing'. Everything else is blah to me...I don't have time to commit to the activities on here. This site is geared towards much younger crowd..

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.
Was a bit confuzzed.
Sorry your game is leaving...

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Meh, I'm indifferent about the whole thing, didn't play much to begin with anyway.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Achriya
Belinda Aster
Mistaken Life
Actually, I believe it depends on the company who bought them, and what they decide to do. In this case it was a no brainer, just look at the airheads that bought them out. *sigh* I felt that everything from that moment on would be nothing but "cash items" so to speak on omgpop, its depressing.

Yeah sort of.
To be completely honest I've always felt that some of those games didn't really feel like Gaia.
The didn't (as far as i know) contribute to the feel or experience of the site.
Not to say that I'm so damn greedy that i think i should say get an item or gold for everything.
It is mildly depressing to see some thing just leave...
Who bought them out btw?
the admin didn't supply many details.

Zynga did.
Sig pet is so cute.

Unholy Sweetheart

14,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Now we all have seen what happens to outside games.

But how do we know this cannot happen to the other outside games as well? Yes. Resort World and Backyard Monsters. Your island and your base could eventually be gone for good one day. Then again, what about spending Gaia Cash on these?

Too bad!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces