Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are REI's evolution moving slowly for you?

Yes. I wish it evolves how it used to be. >: 0.23684210526316 23.7% [ 18 ]
No. It feels the same for me. 0.22368421052632 22.4% [ 17 ]
No. I can wait patiently for the item to evolve. :3 0.26315789473684 26.3% [ 20 ]
Gold!!! 0.27631578947368 27.6% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
1 2 >

Stubborn Gifter

This is not a complain thread but a discussion thread, so please don't jump to conclusion thinking that I'm raging or upset. Now, onto the topic.

REI, known as Rapid Evolved Item, is a cash shop item that rapidly evolves twice per week than what a normal EI (Evolved Item) evolves. Ever since REI was introduced to Gaia, we usually received two or three poses per evolved stage, making the item completed its evolution in two or three weeks.

However, when Rosamund's Revenge was introduced, we started to received either one or two poses instead of what REI originally evolved. After that, the REIs started to follow the same chain as the Rosemund's Revenge.

SO GCD, with EI slowly dying (since we rarely get more EIs than what we usually had when it first introduced), do you feel that the REIs are now becoming EIs, despite that it still continues to evolve twice per week? Do you feel that its "rapid" evolving is not "rapid" enough for you? Do you think REI is slowly dying just like EI (We've keep getting EI reports on one item for over three months now without anymore EI/REI or the Bunnihilation's evolution)? Will we ever see another report that have two or more items to report just like how it used to be?

To me, I feel like REI is becoming EI, despite how rapid it grows. Perhaps I feel like that because we only have EI report that involves with one item and we don't have any other items that makes us wait anxiously to evolve; therefore, it's becoming bore when having one item to wait to evolve. However, I don't think that the EI and REI are dying. Just slowly evolving due to artists having projects to work with (such as CI and events).

On the off topic, tomorrow is my b-day as well as Tuesday is my Lunar birthday. >>; You don't have to gift me. Just saying birthday wishes is enough for me.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Maybe it's because I'm usually pretty busy with school, but I feel like these items evolve...too quickly. Probably because deep down I still have hardcore nostalgia for regular EIs and that whole anticipation/speculation conception of what the next phase might entail next.

I mean, I felt like I blinked and that Stinger REI was already done. Forgot that Band of Bremen or however you spell it was long done with evolving, ect. Even if I have no particular interest in the REI (which happens to be a lot, lately), it still kinda startles me in a vague sort of way. WAIT IT IS DONE WAT
"bro, the thing finished like 3 weeks ago where have you been"

Cluttered Champion

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I honestly wish they would have more poses and get maybe 2-3 poses each evolution? I mean i know that they have 1-2 poses each evolution until the finale to spread it out and make them last longer?

I stil love REI's they are my favorite. :3

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
But all the REIs have the same amount of poses at the end? So you either get 2-3 poses per evolution and a small finale (which, people seem to loathe and hate and b***h so much about) or 1 pose/2 poses and a larger finale. I don't see the big deal especially if the item is going to have the same amount of poses in the end.

Also, school has taken over my life, so I stopped caring so much.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I also miss the regular EIs. The REIs seem so so small by comparison (wishes they had a few more poses). However, I understand why they are doing these as opposed to doing the regular ones. Still makes me all gloomy.

Buggy Punk

Mermaid Eater
I honestly wish they would have more poses and get maybe 2-3 poses each evolution? I mean i know that they have 1-2 poses each evolution until the finale to spread it out and make them last longer?

I haaate one pose evolutions. I wish they'd skip the Tuesday evos to guarantee at least two poses on Fridays. There's no reason to call them them mini evos anymore with each update getting so few poses. It just kind of falls flat when one item evolves a week and all you get on Friday is a pair of cufflinks or whatever.

Tricky Cat

REIs suck.
I'll still use them, sure.
But too many come out and evolve in such a short amount of time. There's so god damned many in the cash shop. And because we have to many, we get so many short-live-consisting-of-spam "fan-threads."
Of course, they slap on "It's a discussion too!"

REIs need to be lessened, and harder EIs need to be slapped into the shop

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Eh, REIs are like a weekly issue of a magazine that gets canceled in a month. Not a whole bunch of content overall.

I find myself liking 1-2 out of 16 poses from a REI, but generally not a lot. And while I had that problem with EIs (more like 4-6 out of 40-60 poses), I really liked that EIs have a lot of variety and also catered to both genders far better.

Most of the REIs these days just make me roll my eyes.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

When the Modus EI was evolving I distinctly remember
how utterly impatient I was with the evolution speed. I hadn't been
on a regular EI schedule in such a long time and I think I got too used
to REIs to ever enjoy an EI ever again. The wait was unbearable.

While I find it annoying that we usually tend to get only one pose
for these REIs.. at least they don't last too long. I'm one of those
impatient people and my attention span seems to be dwindling
the older I get. I love that we get so many rapids. When one is
out evolving and it's not something I like it does feel like it takes
forever for the thing to finish though.

But yeah. I have no desire to endure EI schedules. Waiting
weeks for an evolution .. my god.. It makes me realize how much
time I wasted so far. XD

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Stubborn Gifter

Kiyoura
But all the REIs have the same amount of poses at the end? So you either get 2-3 poses per evolution and a small finale (which, people seem to loathe and hate and b***h so much about) or 1 pose/2 poses and a larger finale. I don't see the big deal especially if the item is going to have the same amount of poses in the end.

Yes, it is true that REIs have the same amount of poses unlike the EIs (However, I'm trying to avoid the "Which one is better: REI or EI?" >>; ) However, the pace where the REI is going feels like it's moving in the same pace as the EI, despite that it evolves twice a week IMO. And as I said in my post, since EI is slowly dying and the artists are busy with other projects, they try to "stretch" the REI's evolution to last it longer by giving out 1 or 2 poses. So I don't blame the artists for doing that, but it doesn't mean I can't stop feeling that the REIs are the new "EIs." >>;

Nyadriel
I also miss the regular EIs. The REIs seem so so small by comparison (wishes they had a few more poses). However, I understand why they are doing these as opposed to doing the regular ones. Still makes me all gloomy.

Same here. I miss the EIs too. The last EI I ever brought while it was in its evolution was the Modus Operandi.

Mereluna
Mermaid Eater

I haaate one pose evolutions. I wish they'd skip the Tuesday evos to guarantee at least two poses on Fridays. There's no reason to call them them mini evos anymore with each update getting so few poses. It just kind of falls flat when one item evolves a week and all you get on Friday is a pair of cufflinks or whatever.

But if the artists skip on Tuesday, then it will be just regular EIs instead of REIs. >>;

Soubi-chu

I don't blame you for being impatient for the items to evolve. We all have other things to do besides waiting. However, for me, I feel like waiting is kinda rewarding when receiving surprise poses. As a quote once said, "All good thing comes to those who wait." >>;

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I like the slightly adjusted pace, it pretty much guarantees that each month has one REI with no lag between new REIs. Though more poses would be nice..

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Jisen Meizuki
Kiyoura

Yes, it is true that REIs have the same amount of poses unlike the EIs (However, I'm trying to avoid the "Which one is better: REI or EI?" >>; ) However, the pace where the REI is going feels like it's moving in the same pace as the EI, despite that it evolves twice a week IMO. And as I said in my post, since EI is slowly dying and the artists are busy with other projects, they try to "stretch" the REI's evolution to last it longer by giving out 1 or 2 poses. So I don't blame the artists for doing that, but it doesn't mean I can't stop feeling that the REIs are the new "EIs." >>;

I'm not even addressing which is better - that wasn't even my point. :S

The pace of REIs, isn't it about 1-2 poses or so per mini-evolution? And it's still evolving biweekly, right? Then the pace isn't any slower - it's just you who thinks it's slower. The REI moves at the pace of the REI; all of them, to my knowledge, has had the same pattern and scheduling since they were released. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since the REIs all have a set schedule, none of the artists are "stretching out the time"... because the rate is still the same ever time.

And... the REIs are the new EIs. You don't see EIs being released often enough anymore.

Note: This post has not been fact-checked at all, so if you want to correct something, feel free to.

Stubborn Gifter

Kiyoura
I'm not even addressing which is better - that wasn't even my point. :S

The pace of REIs, isn't it about 1-2 poses or so per mini-evolution? And it's still evolving biweekly, right? Then the pace isn't any slower - it's just you who thinks it's slower. The REI moves at the pace of the REI; all of them, to my knowledge, has had the same pattern and scheduling since they were released. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since the REIs all have a set schedule, none of the artists are "stretching out the time"... because the rate is still the same ever time.

And... the REIs are the new EIs. You don't see EIs being released often enough anymore.

Note: This post has not been fact-checked at all, so if you want to correct something, feel free to.

I know that when REI was first introduced, it used to be 2 or 3 poses per evolution. There was never a 1 pose per evolution until Rosamund came out. But even though the number of poses has changed slightly, you are correct that the REI finishes its evolution in two or three weeks. It's as you said yourself: it's either having 1/2 poses per evolution and have big finale or 2/3 poses per evolution with small finale.

And to be quite fair, I'm not the only one who feels that the REI is moving "slowly." I've seen some posts through fanthreads or any threads that discuss about the REIs where people comment about how slow it's evolving by having one pose per evolution.

As for the "stretch" part, here's a post about the REI's evolved schedule. I don't know how many REIs go in the same pace or not. However, when I compare Daughter of the Snow to Checkmate, it shows that Daughter of the Snow finished in three weeks while Checkmate finished 1 1/2 week. sweatdrop

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
REIs are just overpriced MCs that you get once a month at an increased price with most of their poses missing

it is crap and I don't buy them

Hesitant Mystic

I hate this one-pose-per-evo trend. Especially when the poses are not that impressive.

It's just too predictable! I want some uncertainty, dammit. I miss the days of the old EIs. ;_;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff