Welcome to Gaia! ::

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
I miss when the site and events were much smaller and far less cliquey. Everyone talked to everyone and it was sooooo much fun.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
We could even throw popcorn and fire at the screens! But if people didn't like them they could turn it off too! omgg I remember trying to litter the whole ground with popcorn since it would stay hahaha.

Stubborn Gifter

Oh man, just reading people's posts about what Gaia was liked makes me feel so old. *walks around with the cane*

I've missed what everyone said in this thread: the theater, the events, etcs. What I also miss from Gaia is the NPC/sponsor quests where we do certain tasks to achieve gold/free items. My favorite quest is still the Edmund and Von Helson sisters quests since they were related to the Gaia storyplot. Man, wish we can pull that stunt again.

Enduring Hunter

rokkenrou
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

zomg's big halloween event was great. I remember 38928392 avis lounging around after getting their 1 hit on Jack for the loot.
Everyone worked together to pull other members to the right layer and added strangers as friends so you'd have more blue
dots to hunt with and there were big ol threads in the forums with sightings/status updates. The community was so amazing then.

I also miss gaia's theaters. GCD movie nights were fuuuuun ;3;

THIS. SO. MUCH.

So many fond memories of playing zOMG. Just so much fun. I used to get so excited for Halloween and Easter. Easter egg hunting was so freaking frustrating, until you found a layer that only you occupied (usually early in the morning for me!) and you got all the eggs to yourself.

Friendly Fairy

23,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I dunno, I find it easier to interact now than I did back in the day - people say it was less cliquey then but that wasn't my experience.

I miss the emphasis on the trash / bugs to hats / ink, etc. I'd love an update of that system, especially new things to make from paper.

And Resort World. I will always miss Resort World. (okay, so it wasn't Gaia per se, but I logged in here every day to play it!)

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I miss Easter and Halloween events in ZOMG!

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
Oh, and I also miss getting a bear hug from this guy:

User Image

Meowbook was fun:
User Image

etc etc...

Edited to add: Can you believe we were big enough back then to have Coca Cola as a sponsor? lol

Dedicated Lover

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dark_Lady_Jade
I miss when the plot was regularly updated and used to be a big part of the site, and tied in to whatever event was happening at the time. That was awesome. I liked going into event threads and talking about the plot. I miss when events had skins that were a big deal.

I still heavily use the blue dark elf skin and the red skin from winning the Overseer/Sentinel war
Heki Gazou
Dark_Lady_Jade
I miss when the plot was regularly updated and used to be a big part of the site, and tied in to whatever event was happening at the time. That was awesome. I liked going into event threads and talking about the plot. I miss when events had skins that were a big deal.

I still heavily use the blue dark elf skin and the red skin from winning the Overseer/Sentinel war

Me too. I used the Sentinel skin for a previous outfit and it looked really cool!!! smile

7,825 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Hero 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I think alot of people on Gaia miss those events. I really don't know why they stopped doing that. It's more fun for the users and then there would be more to talk about then only items. Why aren't they doing this anymore?: /
I really enjoyed the events with npc interaction, the events in towns with mini quests. Also zOMG it's too bad that they don't update that anymore.
Also i liked the event with the ghosts and the one with the orphans was nice too.
Events use to include more areas such as Shops, Towns, Aquariums, forums, mini games that were created especially for the events, zomg...
(sigh)

Dedicated Lover

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Pandora`
I think alot of people on Gaia miss those events. I really don't know why they stopped doing that. It's more fun for the users and then there would be more to talk about then only items. Why aren't they doing this anymore?: /
I really enjoyed the events with npc interaction, the events in towns with mini quests. Also zOMG it's too bad that they don't update that anymore.
Also i liked the event with the ghosts and the one with the orphans was nice too.

I remember that ghost event. The different stories, personalities and items for winning were amazing!

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
I saw people talking about Sundae Sweets in another thread, and I remember going and hunting down Easter eggs like a boss in zOMG! I miss that, and getting the cute chicks there, too.

I've been so good about getting event items for the past few years, so I have always loved doing that! The only ones I missed were Halloween 2012 since I was in the hospital having my baby during that time, so I'm still so sad I didn't get to collect those cool coats. XD

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
User Image

I wish for a forum based battle event like the old Halloween vampire event. One where you had to fight against and with eachother, without cash power ups and with lots of "in character" posting.

I hope the easter event is fun.
User Image

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Dark_Lady_Jade
Heki Gazou
Dark_Lady_Jade

Me too. I used the Sentinel skin for a previous outfit and it looked really cool!!! smile
User Image

I loved the yearly speculation about the new races joining Gaia every year for Halloween.
People were always getting so excited for the new skins and hoped there was a fun way of fighting for and earning them.
I really wish Gaia would introduce a new species again. With some plot.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces