Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Lover

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
You know, with all these events that pop up (like the current Budding Bistro item thing going on) it makes me miss the old Gaia promos and little item events. It used to be that if they had item ideas (or blatant promotional events ala the old chocolate skittles world) they would make a re-skinned room, put a few NPCs in it, and point you to little quest events around the site in order to collect new items. These days, everything is a gaia cash item with some sort of flavor or event tied to it. Now I get it, Gaia needs money. They have lots of peeps to pay, bills to attend, alien overlords to placate...but I really, REALLY miss dipping into an event town, listening to some silly NPC, and getting some cheap but fun item for it. These days you have to wait for a holiday to get something, and lately its been feeling kinda of samey every year. Black and orange clothes for Halloween...festive colored sweaters and mugs of cocoa for the Holiday Season...

Perhaps im being an old fuddy duddy, but id loved to see stuff like the old Zombie/Human/Dark Elf/Vampire war...or the Sentinel/Overseer war. Something on that scale of detail, involvement and influence. Or even the simple promo events. Something where we don't have to always buy our way into the immersion..

Shy Streaker

I really miss the movie theatre flash space.

Specifically buying then throwing pixel popcorn at my friends.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

I liked the level of involvement with the Zurg event

Sci-fi is so underrated here emo

And aliens!

It was awesome trying to make triangles into towns in attempt to get the NPC Aliens to talk with us around the fountains

postin in forums and in character

even making another skin base

trying to decipher all the coding...

ah, memoorrrieeesss

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Clear Rainx-

I liked throwing tomatoes at the screen during ads xd

I probably would do more gcash vids if that were the case

Dedicated Lover

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
aw man...i totally remember the movie theatre ads. so much better than the current ones. also i hated the tomatoes throwers...the potatoe i used to run my internet on couldnt handle all of them razz
i totally miss the old events too, not been back for a long time and it does seem a lot more commercial than it used to be

Fallen Visionary

14,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

The following is what Free Epiphany has to say. « (º ¬Õ)»

Oh man... Dry humping Halloween Jack in towns was so fun, back before they added a cooldown between sitting and standing.

If it's not something good, it's not worth saying.

User Image
i miss no tax on the market place
and the grunny invasion

and that time when gambino died

Dedicated Lover

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'll also add that I dont really consider the forum only interactions as enough for a good event, like the recent battles where you chose your class and basically just refreshed alot to see if u could even hurt someone.

I mean, it's fine if its part of a larger goings on, like the following of people on forums to gain strength during the Sentinel/Overseer event, but I feel like its a bit of a cop out from the better battles of the past. No offense to the Gaia employees who design them of course, i just think the old way was much better.
Clear Rainx-

Amen.

Bloodsucker

I remember the days when Gaia would give us more than 3 sketched pages for their events.

Party Pilot

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

zomg's big halloween event was great. I remember 38928392 avis lounging around after getting their 1 hit on Jack for the loot.
Everyone worked together to pull other members to the right layer and added strangers as friends so you'd have more blue
dots to hunt with and there were big ol threads in the forums with sightings/status updates. The community was so amazing then.

I also miss gaia's theaters. GCD movie nights were fuuuuun ;3;

Lonely Lover

10,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
THE THEATRES :C and when we used to chill in the houses in towns...

6,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I just find it funny when I was going through all my items and the prices have bloated to like millions.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Salty Sinsation
I remember the days when Gaia would give us more than 3 sketched pages for their events.

This x a million.

I also miss throwing tomatoes at the theater screen.

Edit: oops people already mentioned that.

The long drawn out plot lines w/ tons of manga pages.
I miss that the most.

;-;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas