Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I just had a neat little experience.
I was at work (I apprentice at a tattoo shop) and this girl comes in to get a tattoo...
She was getting this cute umbreon that she drew and the original drawing was laying
on the table. I asked her if I could flip through her sketchbook (since I'm nosey and like to look
through other people's art) and noticed that a lot of the drawings had things that looked a lot like
Gaia items. At the time I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want it to be a coincidence
and me look like an idiot. Then I saw the unmistakable dragon from Fallen Wish and I just had to
ask.
"Uhh, do you get on Gaia too?"
& (obviously I already knew by that time) she did!
I was so happy on the inside! I literally don't know anyone in real life that gets on Gaia.
So, it was really knew and weird for me.
Then we exchanged usernames and stuff and it was pretty neat.
I had actually seen a few times where she had posted before!

Sooo,
spoons for yew guize:

- have you ever had a similar experience?
- have you ever met someone in real life that you know on gaia?
- do you have friends that get on or are you a lonely loner like me. gonk
- anything else that pertains to this topic.

Rare

Most of the time it's "Oh, you go on Gaia? HAHAHAAHAH"

But there was this one time when I met someone and they knew my username and thought I was cool online. We're friends IRL now even!

Rogue

Had that experience with my college classmate this term. Gaia is her homepage on her laptop. I noticed it in class. Still, it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

Buggy Survivor

15,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Invisibility 100
you go on ga....

NO hahah whats that? redface

that's usually how it goes for me

Angelic Nitemare

Funny thing...a few years back, had a guy start at my work, and turned out we had similar tastes in music, so we started hanging out.

One day, I'm picking up a Gaia card as a gift for Liri, and he sees it. And pipes up with "My sister goes on there..."

So I start talking to HER...and not long after, he starts coming on Gaia, after having an account since 2003.

So there was that.
Redwinged Rogue
Had that experience with my college classmate this term. Gaia is her homepage on her laptop. I noticed it in class. Still, it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

I think the only reason it was a big deal to me is because other than myself I had never met anyone else. I didn't overreact irl, but inside my head I was. I think another reason is because I always try to have conversations with my friends about it and they are just like "wuuuuh?" It was just different having someone actually know what I was talking about. xD

Mega Noob

I...hide gaia like it's a $2 hooker I picked up as a dare.

I think it's just because I KNOW everyone will make fun of me. I wish I wasn't in such a professional field. I get snickers for my umbrella, I'd hate to see what I'd get if they knew I went on this site. gonk
birddog3
you go on ga....

NO hahah whats that? redface

that's usually how it goes for me

Lol, that's why I didn't say anything for a minute. I didn't want to look dumb.
Pretty much how it went down in my head:
Hmm, that hair looks like Little Lucie....
& that looks like the spring bride gown...
Oh, and that is definitely like three poses from Fallen Wish.
******** it, I'm asking.

Angelic Nitemare

DC-Chan

I think it's just because I KNOW everyone will make fun of me. I wish I wasn't in such a professional field. I get snickers for my umbrella, I'd hate to see what I'd get if they knew I went on this site. gonk

-pats quietly-

Hard being a smarty water person, eh?

But you always struck me as the type that'd be more "Laugh if you want, I do this for ME, not for YOU."

And then hit them with said umbrella.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Hm, one girl I knew in college had a Gaia account as well.
I used to go on Gaia all the time since I was always on computers for classes.
And she'd always be amazed at how much gold I had. o3o lol.

I saw some other girl from one of my classes on Gaia once as well but I
never said anything. It's just awkward for me irl.

Then there is my sister who told me that this freak in one of her classes
goes on Gaia. And she knew the username, so we looked her up and
lol'd at how dumb she is. Apparently it is equal irl as it is online. Interesting.

Any real life friends I have know I go on Gaia simply because of the
updates to my avatar that show up on facebook, I guess. Big whoop.
There are friends I have on Gaia who live really really close to me
and I wish I knew for real but there's no chance for it. ):

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Rogue

witchhazeI
Redwinged Rogue

I think the only reason it was a big deal to me is because other than myself I had never met anyone else. I didn't overreact irl, but inside my head I was. I think another reason is because I always try to have conversations with my friends about it and they are just like "wuuuuh?" It was just different having someone actually know what I was talking about. xD
Lol, I could see that. I don't tell many people I use Gaia. I have some friends IRL that I know use it, but even then I'm so distant from then I don't see the use in chatting with them or anything. I did get my mother to join however, and she is in her 40's. That was a fun experience. She loved it at first but is no longer active due to just getting bored and what not. It's nice having some people you could relate to when it comes to this site though. I still have yet the guts to get my classmates username and ask if she wants to be friends. So you have more guts than I do in that scenario. XD

Mega Noob

Ridley Starsmore
DC-Chan

-pats quietly-

Hard being a smarty water person, eh?

But you always struck me as the type that'd be more "Laugh if you want, I do this for ME, not for YOU."

And then hit them with said umbrella.

Lol, I'm now a groundwater rehabilitation consultant, I'll have you know! BECAUSE COLLEGE = GETTING A JOB.

Hahaha, I usually brush it off, but when I first meet a group of people I try to fit in...Which is hard when your mother buys you ridiculous things and expects you to wear them. Like my koala winter hat, or my crayola sandwich box. rofl
Redwinged Rogue
witchhazeI
Redwinged Rogue

Lol, I could see that. I don't tell many people I use Gaia. I have some friends IRL that I know use it, but even then I'm so distant from then I don't see the use in chatting with them or anything. I did get my mother to join however, and she is in her 40's. That was a fun experience. She loved it at first but is no longer active due to just getting bored and what not. It's nice having some people you could relate to when it comes to this site though. I still have yet the guts to get my classmates username and ask if she wants to be friends. So you have more guts than I do in that scenario. XD

I definitely don't flaunt my Gaianess around. xD Probably why I don't know anyone, haha. The only friends that know I have it are my really, really, really close ones and they only know because they see me on it and ask wtf I'm doing. Especially when a RIG is released and I'm glued to the computer checking new items. Well, normally I'm really awkward about things and don't have guts to do it...but I was shadowing her tattoo artist and had to make conversation. xD

Irregular Trash

19,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
___________User Image___________
вυт ∂ση'т ℓσσк ∂σωη вє¢αυѕє, ι ∂ση'т кησω, ƒαℓℓιηg ιѕ ƒαтαℓ ƒяσм тнιѕ нєιgнт

It's kind of become a run-of-the-mill thing for me. XD

My freshman year in college, I took my laptop to class for notes (I don't anymore, because suddenly the professors hate laptops with a passion), and people would notice me playing around before class, or I'd let them borrow the laptop for a minute or so, or we were doing a project together, ect. So it either goes, "Ohh you have a Gaia! My username is this!" followed by a "oh god, you're rich" (I'm not) or a "I don't go on lots but--!" (insert reason why they'd like to continue using their account).

The funniest "Oh look Gaia!" thing I've ever experienced, though, is at the McDonalds right off of campus one night,
I notice this guy (older than I am; as in an adult adult not some college-aged "adult" ) playing zOMG. It startled me a bit because I often forget that there are older users-- or rather, I know there are, it's just I always imagine people from Gaia as their avatars unless I've interacted with them IRL. I didn't say anything because I felt like a creeper for even noticing what they were doing on their computer. XD (IN MY DEFENSE! I was on the way back from the trashcan and the screen was facing me! XDDD OKAY I'M SHUTTING UP NOW--!) Or... or that girl that me and my roommate are slightly traumatized by. O_o We see her everywhere and she was complaining loudly in a little sitting area in our food court that she wanted a... Well, it was something expensive and that someone in the Exchange wouldn't take her trade. Or something like that.

I generally stay quiet at times like that. XD

ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн
________ι кησω тнαт ι ѕнσυℓ∂ нανє ηєνєя нєℓ∂ уσυ υρ тнιѕ нιgн, тнιѕ нιgн________
User Image

Rogue

witchhazeI
Redwinged Rogue
witchhazeI
Redwinged Rogue

I definitely don't flaunt my Gaianess around. xD Probably why I don't know anyone, haha. The only friends that know I have it are my really, really, really close ones and they only know because they see me on it and ask wtf I'm doing. Especially when a RIG is released and I'm glued to the computer checking new items. Well, normally I'm really awkward about things and don't have guts to do it...but I was shadowing her tattoo artist and had to make conversation. xD

I'll admit, that is a pretty funny story. And sorta awesome, considering the situation. Have you been a long time Gaian?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff