Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hardcore Unicorn

7,825 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Party Animal 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
For months, and months on end Gaia has been plaguing its loyal user base with announcement after announcement after announcement.

In a way, we've become desensitized to it. We know, by now, that when we log in after an absence (even sometimes if we click away from Gaia only for an hour or so!) we are likely to have 6 to 10 brand new announcements waiting for us to either click through, or ignore. It's just become a way of life for us Gaians.

I logged on last night before bed. Cleared my announcements. Read my feed. Played with my inventory a bit and went to bed. That was nearly 12 hours ago by now. But upon my log in this morning..... I find NO announcement bubble! My Gaia header is free of all notifications. This hasn't happened in ages! I had forgotten how refreshing it was! Hello, beautiful clutter-free header! You look beautiful today!

When was the last time that you logged on to find fewer announcements/notifications than you expected?
How glad are you that it seems Gaia has abandoned inboxing people Gaia Cash deals?
Are you numb to announcements? Do you read them? Click through without looking? Leave them to rot on your header? Talk to me!

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm pretty happy too. I feel like I can play Gaia in peace 3nodding

Hardcore Unicorn

7,825 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Party Animal 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Yes! It's awesome! Even still, I haven't had an announcement. I understand it's only a matter of time until I'm bombarded once again, but for now the break is so nice!

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I was wondering why today felt a little off; I wasn't seeing a new announcement every half hour. Hopefully, they have learned their lesson and are toning it down.

Wheezing Member

I was previously only reading announcements if they pertained to gold shop updates, events with freebies, or RIGs that might have a few "red-headed stepchild" items that I can swipe for cheap. ;d

But this past weekend I started up a giant item list thread, so now I'm going to have to read all of the announcements.
oh GOD. the RECOLORS Dx

I actually did notice a slight decrease in spam count.
my theory is that Gaia caught wind of users calling them out on the constant fluctuation in value of real-money based currency..
which can be grounds to take legal action.
so Gaia calmed down a bit.

that's just my theory, anyway.
rolleyes

I'm pretty sure they're still violating all kinds of rules and general "not being a total d**k" etiquette procedures

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,690 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Is this a first breeze of the wind of change maybe? did we reach the top of the mountain of suckness and now we will glide down back to wonderful events, clutterfree headers, staff and user interactions, less inflation, no gold generators, ...?

Here is hoping.

Hesitant Mystic

I'm actually feeling kind of good about gaia right now. The beach event is fun and involves staff interaction (something that I loved in the old days and has been severely lacking over the past few years)
I still had ten announcements when I logged on just now, but hey, some of them WEREN'T cash shop related and there's even a survey asking our opinions.

I dunno maybe gaia is getting better again?
/crosses fingers

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

don't jinx it gonk

A l i c e`'s King

Dangerous Rogue

I noticed that they had been going down recently. Maybe they're finally listening to us? Or they just don't have as much CS stuff to advertise.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Seems they may (Lets hope) noticed how sick of it all we are. I can say from experience with marketing myself over advertising can be very detrimental.

Divine Muse

Slick Southpaw
don't jinx it gonk

Pretty much, this.
100 refresher points!! 4laugh

Impassioned Lionheart

Besides that I have 34 requests because I don't want to say either yes or no to all those friend requests, I also like having that bubble there ; u; If it wasn't there I'd probably feel all weird...Anyhoo, point is I've never been bothered by the announcements. @ u@

Oh, and I at least skim every announcement. I never click past an announcement.

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
I thought something felt... off, when I logged on this morning. But now it seems all those announcements have caught up to me.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

good days are when i get up and get less than 6 announcements. bad ones are when i get 10 and still can't catch up to those not showing up

there was a bit less today not bad i guess.
tbh if someone's awake from at least noon PST and stay on gaia until the night, it feels less frequent o 3 o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff