Welcome to Gaia! ::

Receiver

I have most of things that I really want. Probably because I've been here so long and I've been able to keep up with flow of new items.
If I was a newbie i'd feel overwhelmed

fxxkin demon

MingSao
I randomly save up gold... and then when I get to a decent amount, I rummage in my wishlist for something I can either afford on the spot or are within at least 200k of where I'm already at. Then it's whatever I happen to be in the mood to buy on any given day. smile

Haha. That sounds exactly the way I quest.

Every so often there is an item I absolutely have to own but lately they are few and far between.

Naughty Pants

I used to quest like mad and then spend it all.. and quest and spend...

It's gotten to the point where there are two sorts of things on my wishlist: cheap stuff (under 100k) and super expensive stuff (over 25 mil)

So at the moment I'm halving my MP profits. Half I get to spend on the spur of the moment stuff / re-invest and the other half gets saved for something big

Peaceful Demon

I used to want everything. xd
            I've since given up my attachment to items and I'm satisfied with what I have in my inventory. It's somewhat of a liberating feeling to (usually) not feel that compulsion. Every once in a while I'll buy an item if I'm really impressed, but that's not too often these days. I think it's a good thing in my case (I need munnies for classes and travel).

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Partygoer 500
    • Unfortunate Abductee 175
    I do have an endless wishlist.

But I don't think gaia is just about items, yanno?

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Ghost Hunter 250
    • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
    sometimesalways
    MingSao
    I randomly save up gold... and then when I get to a decent amount, I rummage in my wishlist for something I can either afford on the spot or are within at least 200k of where I'm already at. Then it's whatever I happen to be in the mood to buy on any given day. smile

Haha. That sounds exactly the way I quest.

Every so often there is an item I absolutely have to own but lately they are few and far between.

Right on. emotion_dealwithit

It works pretty well for me. Not sure how much my wishlist is actually shrinking.... but... oh well.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

10,800 Points
    • Alchemy Level 4 100
    • Love Machine 150
    • Seasoned Warrior 250
    I have a pretty much endless wishlist. It's on my quest thread instead of my actual Gaia-supplied wishlist, but it's there. Mostly a case of "waaaah, this is so cool!" but there's also a few items that are "wow, this would accessorize so nicely with my current equipment list".

If I've got no pressing reason to work on anything, well, I take my nice lists and put them on the list randomizer on random.org. Whichever of the top ten appeals to me the most, I quest next. sweatdrop

Handsome Man-Lover

It's my eternal problem, too many shiny items.

It's even worse now that I've come back after an almost 4 year break...my wishlist exploded.
    I actually started making an off site list that I sorted by color shemes and current market price >_>; Right now I've slowed down, I have a handful of items that have sort of priority, but for the others I'll wait till I actually need them in an outfit I guess x.o
    And in general I check my list on the MP and just go through it and grab whatever is cheapest when I have some gold again XD;

Lonely Hunter

11,800 Points
    • Partygoer 500
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Ultimate Player 200
    Yes gonk

I have that problem all the time xd If I have the gold to get the item right there and then, I will buy it, if not...it's going on my endless wish(quest) list o3o. I write it down in a notebook just to remember later(geek alert) xd .

I usually try to go for the highest first, then go for the lesser, but it's hard when you see nice new items are released emotion_kirakira .

Friendly Businesswoman

It's crazy how many items there are yeah. x.x

Stellar Succubus

Soubi-chu
    User ImageUser Image
    ♥ ♥

I usually just buy the things I want. I don't really have to quest for
    things. The only thing I do quest for is accumulating more gold.
    Those are my goals. Every 25 mil. Like how many quarters in a
    dollar? Four. So.. I view gold as like.. every 25 mil I'm closer to my
    dollar. LOL I'm crazy like that.

But I guess that's why I'm glad I have a lot. I can just buy the things
    I want without having to quest hard for things. With the amount of new
    items I want and like.. I'm glad to be in that kind of place. Or else I'd
    be ripping my hair out.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

I'm just jealous ;D

No but seriously, I think I am like this, but on a much smaller level, or slightly differently in that gold isn't a struggle until I make it a struggle. Gold seems less like ... money... more like points that I have to do tasks to get.

I see an item I know will go with my theme, I put it on the priority list. If I don't work hard at it, I shift it off the top and find another on my list I'll actually work on questing.

Choosing a base theme helps with questing. Things that fit the theme become easier to quest because they become versatile within that theme rather than a whim item that goes with an avatar style I'm going to keep for a day or two.

Stellar Succubus

Casual Vixen
    Yes gonk

I have that problem all the time xd If I have the gold to get the item right there and then, I will buy it, if not...it's going on my endless wish(quest) list o3o. I write it down in a notebook just to remember later(geek alert) xd .

I usually try to go for the highest first, then go for the lesser, but it's hard when you see nice new items are released emotion_kirakira .

See, sometimes I'll quest the cheaper ones then go for the more expensive one... just because cheaper ones can fluctuate a lot over time... if I spent a month or two questing an expensive item... the cheaper ones might have gone up in price by then...

... or they may have dropped in price. Goes both ways, doesn't it wink

Wolf

Nah, I just buy anything I want. Plus im too lazy to find gold.

Fashionable Darling

8,800 Points
    • Peoplewatcher 100
    • Object of Affection 150
    • Full closet 200
    Lapine Lequesne
    1. Can I make an avatar with this item at this moment?
    Yes ->
    2.Can I use it for more than than one Avatar?
    -- Yes-> Buy it
    -- No->TekTek; Return to step 2.

No -> Don't buy it.

This
    It doesn't matter how much I want it, if I can't use it I won't buy it.
    I put off buying Blushing Dancing Princesses for a long time because I didn't know what to do with them. I actually had to go to the Avatar Dress Up forum and have others make avatars with them. Sometimes I can get stuck in tunnel vision and it takes another user to give me a good idea.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
    • Abomination 100
    • Alchemy Level 10 100
    My main problem really is the budget. I don't have a lot of time to spare to earn gold so I end up using GC... but even that is limited because I can't pick some of the RIG items that I like.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff