Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Drake

I said thanks for buying I think once (because I wanted to talk about something I think, cant remember) , I get a lot of thanks for selling messages which is weird. I do sometimes notice repeat buyers, whats weird to me though is once in a while (very seldom) people will go on a buying spree in my shop even if someone else priced things lower. I usually try to stay cheapest but sometimes ill be lazy and only reprice some things, so its weird when the non-cheapest items sell.

Spoopy Loiterer

I don't sell in the MP too often since I usually buy things for keeps and am too lazy to sell all my RIG duplicates but I always check out who buys from my store when I do sell things. I don't leave them a message or anything. I always just wonder if they're using the item. I always like to imagine that the item I'm selling is the last thing they need to make their dream avi or something.

Alien Invader

I never look at the name of who bought my item or who I'm buying from. It's pretty irrelevant just as thanking someone for buying is pointless. It's not like I specifically said yes, I must buy from so-and-so's store? lol

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I'm usually too distracted by the gold count to notice the user name.
    My big worry is, since I try to sell at the average buy price and not artificially inflate, is that the user bought it just to sell again for profit. Sometimes I check, but other times I leave it be in exasperation.

Saxy Coder

I like checking up on who bought my stuff, and seeing if they are wearing it, because I like to make sure my customers are enjoying their item.
If the same person buys multiple items from my store, I might write them a little thank you c:
(even if they might not have noticed they were buying it from the same person)

Virtuous Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Invisibility 100
I rarely reply, only if the purchase has helped me achieve a goal I had been reaching for very long. And I always look at their names just out of curiosity.

Rude's Bestie

Cat

I have the notices turned off but I read all my marketplace PMs to see what's sold. Noticing the same person bought up a bunch of my stuff or whatever is peripheral but I do generally glance at the username at least. Then immediately forget it once I close the PM. rofl

Shoujo Kitten

To be honest I actually do LOL.
I get a little anxiety if I purchase a crapton of items from the person, I don't want them to think I'm stalking them. xD ;;;
One time I was also trying to buy fish from the MP and I had been talking to a moderator about my account right?
So I went to buy the fish but I saw SHE was the one selling it cat_gonk
So I just... didn't buy it because I was like "What if she looks at it and is like why is this chick stalking me?" cat_surprised

Gambino Darling

24,350 Points
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
I don't thank users. I personally consider comments/PMs with thanks (for a random purchase) as spam.

Here's why: They list their items for a low price. I buy them. Simple, no? No need to go the extra mile to post a comment thanking me. Chances are that I didn't even pay attention to the username/avatar. ...Does that make me a cruel person?

But the reverse is also true. I list items on the marketplace to be sold. I don't particularly care who buys them. (If I did, I'd probably sell them in the Exchange forum.) That said, I only notice when the same group of peole buys from my store when I list, like, 20 items at once. So...

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I delete any "thx 4 buyin" comments on my profile as I feel it's spammy. There's no thought or personal message in their thanks so its really a silent thing on both ends where we thank each other without doing it outright.

I don't really check who buys my items except when I am checking my logs that something sold when I am doing some calculations.

Kahavie's Significant Otter

Dedicated Bookworm

13,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Married 100
sterek
Sometimes I notice notorious resellers and feel a little bad because it was an item I'd priced way below the previous LBP to help people who couldn't afford it yet. emo

Instead you could price higher and allow people to negotiate (if they are not just going to resell). I over price mine, but I am willing to negotiate to a lower selling price after researching the individual.

Space Werewolf

I check their profile if they have an interesting username, if I think I recognize the name from somewhere, or (out of curiosity) if someone buys multiple unrelated items from me. If they just bought it to re-list, eh, that'll happen; I don't need to actually know about it.

I don't thank people for buying, but don't delete the ones I receive.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
٠•●♥ ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ ♥●•٠·

I sell a ton of s**t in the mp, sometimes 200+ items a day. I do notice when people I recognize by my stuff, or if friends do. If it's a friend I'll be like oh hey, thanks emotion_awesome , but otherwise I don't bother cause if I hate that s**t, why would I annoy someone else?

Melodious Fairy

Yes I do often check who buys my items~
I thank them silently in my mind rather than going into their comments or pms.

I do see some people buying multiple items from my store
since I do price my items much lower than the average for it to sell quickly~
When that happens I do assume they are a vender and plan to sell it at a higher price in order to make some profit
but it's really not my business what they do with the item~
----- Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ -----

In a relationship with my viola

Greedy Capitalist

12,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
I usually look at people's profiles if they buy an item that I felt like nobody would buy if that makes sense...need to know who wants to even buy my secondhand crap

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff