Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I've got 46 friends and I only talk to one of them on Gaia - the other 4 or so I talk to don't even go on Gaia anymore. We talk on Skype or Facebook now ..

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

- How many friends do you have?
- With how many of those do you talk regular?
12 at most
- Do you accept random friend requests?

no i have them blocked
- Do you send random friend requests?

no
- Do you even care about your friends list?
yes in a way as it shows i like them burning_eyes

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I've got 48 friends, but I'd say maybe half of these people are gone from the site altogether and I actively talk to maybe half of that that remaining 50%. Most of them are just taking up space for old times' sake.

I think about clearing out my friendslist from time to time. But then I feel guilty about it. Like... do I really wanna remove my IRL sister even though she hasn't logged in for, what, 3 years?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I have 344 gaia e-friends aka too many friends. 100 of those i probably have no idea who they are and/or they were added for zOMG layer hopping. 100 of those i probably know in some way or see around. 44 of those are probably NPCs. and the other 100 are probably....people i used to know but who don't log in anymore or people i was friendly with during flash events but that was it. yep. if someone removes themselves from my friendlist i probably wouldn't notice. i used to accept random friend quests but now if i don't know them i reject it (0 contact previously), i'm getting pickier since i don't want to hit the 500 limit too fast.

Fashionable Vampire

- How many friends do you have?
100, which I think is way too many.

- With how many of those do you talk regular?
...Mainly just two. The rest are via PM.

- Do you accept random friend requests?
No. I have them turned off.

- Do you send random friend requests?
Depends on who it is.

- Do you even care about your friends list?
Yeah. Too many means I can't keep up.

Slumbering Tengu

Mmm that's how I feel sometimes
I have 49 people on my list
5 are my mules and 6 of them are mules of my friends
so that makes at least 11 kinda "bum" accounts in there

and the thing is I don't actively talk to my friends via comments or PMs
I'm the kind of person who if I see them every day I talk to them
so I had people added from way back when I use to frequent other places of Gaia
and back when I met people on other sites and we traded Gaia usernames
then there's old friends who've since stopped coming

I haven't the heart to remove any of them
but if they are on as much as I am and removed me
then I've got no reason but to accept it, I probably deserve it

I usually don't accept random friends requests
but I'm guilty of accepting if I see the user cosplaying as something I know, whoops lol
I used to talk to a couple people on my friendlist and we used to be really close. Some of them have not been on Gaia for a long time. Others...I left for a while myself and when I came back, it just wasn't the same with them. I also have people friended who used to be regulars on certain B/C threads with me, but once those threads died, those people slowly stopped being on as much too.
I don't talk a lot to people on my friendlist anymore...sadly. Some I keep on for the nostalgia. Others, I just keep on.
I do accept people who ask me. I'm not against having new friends! I'd be glad to have more.
And I do reject some friend requests. Often times it will be newbs that I have never really talked to, because I feel like they may want to be my friend to ask for gold or items (which stuff like that has happened to me). But if I have talked to them on forums and they seem nice, I will accept them, newb or not.
But for the most part, I accept people. I would like to know them more, but I feel kind of awkward being the first one to start a conversation which probably stems from me being like that in real life with new people.

Feline Bookworm

I have eight friends on my Friends List at the moment.
About a week ago I had a clear out and got rid of anyone I
didn't remember/talk to anymore, with the exception of two
who were kept because we were pretty tight a few years ago.
I speak to maybe three of those eight on a somewhat daily basis
and I don't accept friend requests from people I haven't at least
spoken to once or twice.

I tend to get kind of shy about sending requests cause everyone
has different requirements that they want to be met before adding
someone as a friend, so I don't like to push any boundaries. If they
want to be friends I figure they'll make it known.

Wealthy Hoarder

73 people. I talk to about..oh...10 or more. Different days bring up different people.

However I am not afraid to get a person off my friend list for any dam reason out there.

However, on the same note, I have 38 people on ignore too.

Funny thing. I don't request people. They find me!

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I have 129 friends...I don't really talk to anyone regularly anymore, school pretty much consumes my life so when I'm on here I'm pretty lazy. I suck at responding to quotes and comments on any site, though. Most of my friends are GCDers, friends from oekakis that I haven't talked to in years, and more recently ATers. I add people pretty liberally, especially if I see them around often and they seem friendly and/or interesting.

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
I have 107 people on my friend's list at current. I actually do talk to quite many of them on a "regular" basis (for me that's about two-three times a week). Though the amount I talk to every single day is much smaller, obviously. I accept random friend requests, but I always have a "rule" that goes along with it. I basically let the person sit there for a week, and if they made no effort to speak to me, I delete them. If they ask why, then I tell them, if they never do, then obviously they didn't really want to be my friend in the first place. I don't send random friend requests myself though, I make sure I speak to the person, pretty extensively at that before I send one. I could be speaking to someone for a whole week, sending them paragraphs and still not send one. In fact I usually ask if it's okay. sweatdrop Overall though I don't think I actually care THAT much about my friend's list, or I probably wouldn't have let the number get over 100 (I used to care about keeping people I only really talked to every day, but I threw that out the window a long time ago).

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
The only people I recall removing from my friends list are ones that have not logged in for a year or two.

Stellar Succubus

I accept friend requests from anyone I recognise, and it's not necessarily to always chat and such... it's nice to be able to keep track of birthdays and general goings on of people I like.

I don't keep track of how many friends I have, but I rarely remove anyone unless they've left for good. Even then I tend not to.

TBH I couldn't even tell you without checking where I find out how many friends I have.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

User Image
Holy cow BATMAN!
I have 206 friends on Gaia and I probably
literally only know a handful of them now. XD
I should really try to clean up my friends list
one of these days.

Then again I have been on Gaia for an insanely long time
I've bound to pick up a ton of friends request in that time period.

However...I sort of feel guilty when someone sends me a request
and we've been talking for awhile only to end up not following
up on the person after awhile. XDDDD

Ah well. One day I shall go through the whole thing
and clean up people I had no idea were there and I have
no idea who they are now.

User Image

Apocalyptic Lover

I... honestly wouldn't notice if someone defriended me. D:

I really don't remember the last time I friended someone either. Aaaand I apparently have requests right now but no idea who they are. Whelp.

Though I apparently have deleted people when they change their name because I can't for the life of me figure out who they are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff