Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Cat

Dark_Maiden_Queen
made wings out of cardboard the shape of the minis and was walking around.

God that's embarrassing. The most I've been caught for is a KiKi shirt, which most people thought was hello kitty.

I try to avoid people IRL if they're on the same sites as me. Usually if they frequent the sites I do, they tend to be losers, fat, or socially awkward.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Aprinn
Dark_Maiden_Queen
made wings out of cardboard the shape of the minis and was walking around.

God that's embarrassing. The most I've been caught for is a KiKi shirt, which most people thought was hello kitty.

I try to avoid people IRL if they're on the same sites as me. Usually if they frequent the sites I do, they tend to be losers, fat, or socially awkward.
depends on the type of person you are if it's embarrassing. I wasn't. The only thing I was embarrassed at was that I was in special ed classes due to my life issues.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Heh, know anyone, no way... If anyone at my highschool used this site, it's their guilty secret. I don't think anyone knew about this website, especially since most of them didn't watch anime, and were "teh kool kids" and would make fun of this kind of thing because it's just SO much different then facebook. rolleyes I only knew one person on here, and we don't talk anymore. The one person EVER that I saw buying cash cards at walmart was a weirdo black guy. He looked very socially inept... Whenever I try to show anyone this site to get them to join they just look at it, give me a neutral face and ask why I'm not on facebook.

I don't know any of you people and that's how I like my internet. Anonymous.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
I'm rather pissed now at least I graduated. when no one thought I did peace out.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Except for a few of my friends and my sisters I haven't met anyone who's also on Gaia. It would be cool if I find out one of my officemates is into Gaia. I'd be asking for items or some artwork. biggrin

7izzle's Senpai

Alien Explorer

9,125 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I have a family member who is on Gaia -- I catch her now and then on this site -- but she is not quite the fanciful fan as I am.

I was able to meet with a friend of mine, here on Gaia, IRL, and this was an absolute blast!

Two co-workers of mine went to a science-fiction/anime convention in Toronto, and Gaia was represented there. They got to meet with DJ Helsing and party with him, and brought me back an autographed card with DJ Helsing's signature on it, and a Gaia convention grab bag. xD

I've got two good friends on Facebook who enjoy Gaia, too.

= = = = = =

I don't think that there is a recognizable separation of Gaia with my Real Life -- it's just not that "guy/girl next door" kinda thing that's happening. xD mxy

PS~ HAIL ZURG! ♥

Questionable Cat

My first semester of college I met someone who was in my Algebra class. She commented on my shoes reminded her of the anklets on here or something like that, as they had wings on them. We didn't exchange any sort of username details, though...

Sweetest Bunny

No, I wish I did or hope I do.
Although a lot of people I know on this website are much older than I am. Or they're into anime, which I'm not a huge fan of. I doubt I'll ever meet a Gaian in real life. cry

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
My friend in highschool got me into gaia. Then I got my sister into gaia xd

The only other person I knew irl that was on Gaia was a classmate in uni. She since quit Gaia and graduated from uni though...less than a stellar story I guess.
I don't have any Gaia merchandise or any Gaia-related items made by myself to wear, but I have seen a few people walk around with OMG hats and a Kiki shirt. I never go up to them, just silently admire.

Half of my high school has had a Gaia account but have either abandoned them or rarely ever sign on because Gaia is boring or lame. So, I never talk about Gaia with anyone.

Rare

I knew one person who went to my high school that was on Gaia. She was a friend of some of my friends, but I didn't talk to her that often. I also had a friend in middle school who introduced me to the site, but I didn't stick around much at that time. It wasn't until a few years later that I really became active on the site, and by that time I had lost contact with that friend.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I had a friend who went on Gaia. I haven't talked to her in years but as far as I know, she is still using the site.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My first time meeting a random Gaian in real life was not good. emotion_donotwant

So many moons ago when I was attending college I logged on Gaia during class, done with my project but still had to wait of course. wink

Next thing I knew this really smelly guy in my class, who sat in the back and wore a Naurto headband came up to me and said "OH I GO ON GAIA TOO!" I honestly was so happy to meet a person who knew about the site! ... despite the BO (my most vivid memory of the whole situation was how bad he sunk, lol.)

But that happines soon left my body. He went on to brag how rich he was, how he was very popular on the site, and blah blah blah. So he showed me his account.

.... I'll just say it was a stereotypical noob account, poorly designed, nothing to brag about item, and his past post went something like this "lol" "Bump" "hi". I was not impressed but being the polite person I am I did not say anything.

He then saw my avatar/inventory and was hinting HARD for donations. Particularly my Golden Laurels and horns. xd Even after I said, no I love these items he went with the "well if you ever to let me borrow them I'll give back!".

So my first and only experience with a Gaia RL stranger was not a pleasant one at all. sweatdrop

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
I didn't meet the person in person.. but said person has and is still hanging out in the background mostly xd I joined because of said person!

Magical Kitten

Never met anyone with a Gaia account (as far as I know, anyway). But once at college I found zOMG! carved into a desk. That was pretty cool.

I wonder if the mystery desk-defacer is still on Gaia...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff