Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

User Image

So after logging off and getting onto my mule account, I logged back in to find that lovely little red number that indicated we had a Gaia blog update. Normally, I just click and go on with my business, but this one caught my interest! It's an NPC story contest run by users! There have been past contests I haven't been aware of that are kinda user-run, but this certainly looks like something that would be great and fun to do! I think this is a great opportunity to create our own wacky stories along with some great dramas, especially with the Halloween event from last year.

I know NPC development has been something some users have been asking about for a long time. Is this the way you imagined to be even though it's user-run? I mean sure it's not the artists expanding on what the stories are, but at least we're getting some love, right? Do you believe this should become an official contest or should it stay the way it is? Do you think these stories/comics can be counted as canon or is just everyday fanfiction that doesn't actually count? But what do you think, GCD, will these stories affect our community and story lines eventually, or will they just stay there for our amusement?

It's finally open! Head here to participate!

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i'm a little worried about fanon - though i wish that Gaia would just bite the bullet already and have Flynn/Singh and Devon/Lance

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Cecilia Davidson
i'm a little worried about fanon - though i wish that Gaia would just bite the bullet already and have Flynn/Singh and Devon/Lance

I've been waiting for those two couples to come out for a long time now. They were both my original OTP I think. When we had the Ships Happen RIG I was so happy to see them!

Fanon can be a little scary, but hopefully Gaia will find some good material to work with.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
I'm considering entering this, though I hope it's in the summer when I'll have way more time to write.

For me, fanon is okay if based on enough of existing canon. And if there is tacit approval from Gaia, then all the better.

And for various reactions to fanfic, there is that EB x Diedrich thread floating around which has drawn both fans and haters (some of which seem to burn with incandescent fury). If that is anything to go by then I expect some fracturing in the community. Still as one of my instructors told me: Adoration or hate, either is fine when you publish your story. What you don't want is indifference.

Lavish Lunatic

Woah, it's bloody awesome that it was featured in the blog!

I love those contests, the stories are very nice to read!

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Urd Tanzanite
I'm considering entering this, though I hope it's in the summer when I'll have way more time to write.

For me, fanon is okay if based on enough of existing canon. And if there is tacit approval from Gaia, then all the better.

And for various reactions to fanfic, there is that EB x Diedrich thread floating around which has drawn both fans and haters (some of which seem to burn with incandescent fury). If that is anything to go by then I expect some fracturing in the community. Still as one of my instructors told me: Adoration or hate, either is fine when you publish your story. What you don't want is indifference.

I thought about entering, but I'm backed up on a commissions right now and just can't seem to find time to write a cute little snippet. But I can't wait to see fresh new ideas from this!

I haven't even ventured into that thread. I'm afraid all the dodging with make my neck stick at an ood angle. But it's funny to see it there.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Anabaena
Woah, it's bloody awesome that it was featured in the blog!

I love those contests, the stories are very nice to read!

Yeah! The stories are great and it's nice to see a fresh new take on the NPCs, especially if it were everyday stuff.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
They're actually a lot of fun, we're currently still working on a theme I believe, but we're super excited now to continue with the next contest. We hope to see lots of people enter, the more the better!

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
This is a user-run contest guys, it isn't official at all.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Lazarus Larkin
This is a user-run contest guys, it isn't official at all.

It may not be official, but it's still fun to think about. I'll have to change the OP around a little because I got a little excited.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Oh, I'm not saying that it isn't, heh. It just looked to me like there was some confusion over that, which I think is one downside to having users post stuff in the blog.

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
    Ooh, this looks promising! I may enter, if it's still open of course.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Oh, hey! That's my contest!

We have enough gold for a contest, but I have to put it together still.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Urd Tanzanite

I hope everyone enters!

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
For anyone who's interested: The contest will run from whenever I put it together until about half-way through May.

Apparently I can't edit the posts in the Gaia Blog to update links like I had hoped, but there will be a link available in the Donation thread once it is put together. I suggest subscribing to that thread (I'll update the title with a CONTEST HAS STARTED tag or something)

Sorry if I'm posting too much in this thread. It's crazy to see GCDers speculating about your baby!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff