Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
Eden Lenoirre
Luboticus
I've just seen enough people actually fighting over characters

This reminds me of one of my first bad experiences on Gaia. ;_; I joined in 04, and I was 13, almost 14, and I was in this hangout thread I'd been frequenting for only a few days, which a friend showed me because I was new~
I put a picture of some anime guy in my signature, from a series I liked a lot, just because I liked the series and wanted s**t in my signature. Minutes later got bitched out in the hangout because I had someone else's 'bishi' in my signature.
You'd have thought I stole her ******** boyfriend.
gonk

That's exactly what I mean.
The people who behave like that have completely ruined my perception of everyone else. sweatdrop

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
-sigh- NPC UFO 07. Love of my gaia life.

I think he loved me as well.

He told me he'd miss me most of all the night he left Gaia....in a way reminiscent of Dorothy's good bye to the scare crow in the wizard of oz.

Yup.

I still hold out that one day he'll come back and we can rekindle our... whatever we had.....

My NPC Crush is amazing.

Froggy's Waifu

Stalker

23,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nemariel
You can order art of yourself and your NPC crush forever, but your avatar (and by proxy you) are never actually going to be a pair with said character.

Wat?!

xp

I don't think anyone that fan girls over the NPCs has any delusions of the staff suddenly inserting them into the plot as their significant other. But it's the same reason people write fan fic; indulgence and enjoyment. Self insertion into fandoms isn't anything new, and Gaia has always encouraged people to perceive their avatars as a part of the world they have created. So if people want to imagine that a NPC is in love with their character, whatever floats their boat... just as long as everyone that likes Edmund knows they're gonna have to fight me to the death. wink j/k. Although, at the height of my interest in the plot and Edmund, I usually played up the stalker he wanted a restraining order against angle more than someone he'd be in love with.

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
I don't see the problem, if you don't enter in the fantasy crush realm expecting anything out of it.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Edmund is the love of my G-life. Handsome, manly, sophisticated, powerful... he's a friggin' dream boat. *Sigh.* Had Johnny Gambino only continued to live, he would've given Edmund a run for his money.

Josie's a close second though. For similar reasons: Cultured, athletic, powerful, adventurous.

Lunatic

They're not real, so no.

Timid Rogue

Sometimes it can be a very valuable first step to liking people and not just tolerating them.

Case in point: Back in middle school, I had a friend who was... Well, neurotic. She joined a few sites, Gaia included, and was introduced to the wonderful world of bishouen (forgive me if it's misspelled).

She fell and she fell hard for nice looking anime dudes. She started getting into anime, connecting with people online who shared their interests along the way. Eventually, she grew out of the whole anime crushes and into real ones. (Okay, so she totally digs hot guys in cosplays, but who doesn't?)

I don't know what would happen if she didn't have her fantasy crushes first, and to be honest, I would hate to imagine what would have come of it were it not for these crushes.

It can be a wonderful thing for the socially awkward... just as long as it's not taken too far.. >.>

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
That evil vampire guy with the Z name.
I always forget how to spell it.
But i find him sexy.. cause well he's a bad guy and i have a serious thing for bad guys irl and fake sweatdrop

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
I don't really get it, myself... I guess it just reminds me too much of the awful fan fiction a friend keeps finding and subjecting me too. (She's the absolute master of finding bad fic, I swear, and just LOVES torturing all of her friends with it. gonk ) The worst ones always seem to be self-insertion pairings...

That said, as long as the people who do go in for that sort of thing can keep a relatively level head and don't become TOO annoying, no harm done. Let them have their fun.

Just don't, in the name of all that's holy, write *so* badly about it that I end up having to read it! rofl

Starrydance's Queen

Blessing Devotee

I am sort of stupidly in love with Monsieur Loyal, the Ringmaster. We only got him in the Cirque RIG, and Love Charm II... but god damn, Love Charm II was perfect for me. The b*****d's unfairly attractive, I tell you what.

User Image

I usually don't like psychopaths, but this b*****d. God damn.

I sort of want to get art with him.

Buggy Mage

I don't know if I have a crush on a character but I would likely choose Edmund as my favorite because hes really cool. Kinda reminds me of a butler of mysterious origin, that can do nearly anything. 3nodding

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Moonstone Dazzle
I am sort of stupidly in love with Monsieur Loyal, the Ringmaster. We only got him in the Cirque RIG, and Love Charm II... but god damn, Love Charm II was perfect for me. The b*****d's unfairly attractive, I tell you what.

User Image

I usually don't like psychopaths, but this b*****d. God damn.

I sort of want to get art with him.
He was in Famestar Masquerade too.

Starrydance's Queen

Blessing Devotee

Oh, so he was! Well, that's one more fantastic place to see him. heart

Blessed Prophet

SAHSA 4EVZ

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash