Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
deboner
so what do you recommend?

Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Well, I'm not really a Vender, so I don't know what to recommend in this situation. If the Gold Gens stay gone and Deflation occurs like I hope it does, prices will probably be at their highest around the weekend, so if selling is your aim, that might be the time to do it. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. cat_sweatdrop

The Quest Thread
The Eternal List
QUESTING MODE ACTIVATED!!!

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
I don't see why pple have a problem with the 5% tax, it's not like Gaia is taking away our reserves of gold. The way I see it, if prices go back to normal we'll be able to afford more items in the MP. I'm just gonna' save all my gold and buy things from the cash shop for the time being.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
They didn't even ask our opinion, f rude

Dapper Detective

I'm really happy that they're doing this. If they stick with the gold gen removal and the tax hike, the inflation might slow down. I doubt that there will be a massive deflation though (which probably is for the better).

Greedy Drake

Id sell now. Prices will go down. It wont be a magic bullet though, it will be gradual but if they get rid of gold gens for a year, keep up the gold sink events, and the 5% tax I wouldnt be surprised if at least 10-20% down overall by xmas

Just like being overweight losing the excess is a lot quicker then gaining it.

Kawaii Spirit

1kaz

People have been asking for an increase in the MP tax for a while now as a goldsink.

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        You can generally get more on the MP since people in the Exchange are looking to buy items cheaper. If you want to sell in the ballpark of LMP or ABP, you almost always need to haggle. TE is good for quick sales though.
        Selling in the MP means your gold gets taxed, which isn't too huge of a deal. You also need to be patient while risking the the potential of getting undercut in the listings.

It's really up to you which one you do.

Gatekeeper

Prices will go up I guess, gold gens will be back.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
mayakko
1kaz

People have been asking for an increase in the MP tax for a while now as a goldsink.

If you say so, but a person selling 3 mill item isn't going to make much now are they, not everyone sell 50 bill items.
It's unfair this tax should only apply to those selling over a certain billion.

Business Fatcat

thank you so much all of your inputs c:

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
The only problem I have with the increase in tax is that the more the tax is up'ed the more likely people are going to use the exchange to get around taxes. Myself I love the MP and I want to see people still using it.

I would say that whatever the impact though depends on the item. If it's popular you will likely see them going non existent until an item generator comes out and then they'll go for thier average price (not necessarily lower, because of vendors not using MP anymore).

My fear is the tax not stopping here. I don't want to see people stop vending in the MP, because I simply will not use the exchange and I still want to get the items I like. Lower taxes make for a healthy MP (buying and selling) and I like that. ^_^

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm going to hedge my bets and say prices are going to go up.
Its not like it take a whole bunch of people to make a item sky rocket it just takes one or two to start and then the rest will follow.

Divine Muse

I've already sold a bunch of stuff because I know the prices will go down.

The less gold that is in circulation, the more it will be worth. The more gold is worth, the less it will take to buy things.

Alternately, the more gold that is in circulation, the less it is worth. The less it is worth, the more it takes to manage to buy something.

Healer

People, vendors mostly, are already unloading hoards of their items onto the MP
in preparation for the 5% tax and the possible deflation.

I myself have sold off the event items I was saving, just in case
they are going to go for 25 million instead of 25 billion by Halloween, if you
know what I mean. sweatdrop

I'm actually taking a hit for all this, too! Inflation was my friend. T _ T

However, if the Gold Gens are re-released, and if they grant billions
of gold again, the prices will def drive right back up.

But, so long as the gold sinks and Gold Gen elimination
CONTINUES, those items we bought before the recent changes
are probably going back down to their
"old" prices.

Sucks for me, but it's good for Gaia overall. n_n

And now, we wait. heart

Business Fatcat

reading your comments, i feel like we're gearing up for some sort of economical apocalypse ; u;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff