Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scumbag Brain

+1 1 100.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

I'm trying to save so I hope that doesn't happen to me... crying
I don't 'save' my gold, it just happens to accumulate while I have nothing to spend it on.

Shy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't spend my gold very often, but when I do... I can really spend it. When I made my first million (like three years ago) I spend it all on going through the shops.
I resold everything because I found that I couldn't use any of it. ;_;
Right now I'm sitting on 800k.
That's too low. gonk
There are so many things I want to buy, but I'm so careful with my gold (and real life money) that I don't want to spend even 2k.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

99% of items that Gaia releases are so damn frilly or involve clothes so I really don't have much of an issue when it comes to purchases.

HOWEVER, when the Dragoon whatchamacallit came out, gosh darn it I saved and saved and with help of oodles of people, I managed to get it.

I always found worth based on sentimentality more than gold prices, be it in the marketplace or gold shops.

Dapper Explorer

8,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
I am really quite good at saving my gold. My current process is I pick an item on my wishlist and save and save and save until I get it. Then I pick a new item and start all over. I am pretty much constantly saving but it lets me get the items that I really want. Currently I am saving for the Solar Mage.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
somewhat on topic, but i've lost so much gold to that 2% tax from buying and reselling my items over and over again since i don't quest, i sell items i have to make an avatar, then sell all the items i used to make that avatar to make another avatar and repeat ad infinitum

Total Gold Earned: 509,796,963g
Total Transactions: 4,973

i've lost 10,195,939 to that damn tax lmao

i need to like, actually try and get gold.
-stares at his 100k-

Questionable Genius

Yessss. I've been so lazy about trying to earn gold lately too. The worst for me is going to the marketplace and seeing an item I've never seen before. And then suddenly I need it. My quest for an angelic sash will never end crying

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Not really, I play a patient game of "I have things you want and you might have something I want" or if not just sit and wait and play with my fingers, drink tea and buy art until BOOM!

I think the worse case is when there are items you never deemed worthy and then finally make an avie that requires said item. (though it creates a problematic situation as when new items or rigs are released a new avie might ensue and thus said item may once again be rendered useless)

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Ridley Starsmore
JUST WISH THE WINGS WERE A SEPARATE POSE.

Don't we all! emotion_dowant
I haven't even made the Ultra Satan face yet, 'cause I don't wanna spend anything right now. xp Not even for anything in particular. I'm kinda intrigued by the millionaire achievement, so I think it stemmed from that.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Not spending gold eh? Ha Ha Ha.

I just dropped close to 40 million if you count the Lovely Luice I traded and the pure that went with it for an item I'd been questing. I pillaged quite a bit of my inventory, but it was so worth it.

I'm actually pretty decent at accumulating gold, but I'm horrible about buying something right away instead of waiting for the price to stabilize first. Last item I did that on was a really nice recolor and the recolor was in a popular color, better than the original if you ask me, but I ended up losing 5 million on it. *sob* The recolor is now half the price of the original.

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I try to save it as much as possible.
Currently have 1.9m, going to spend quite a bit of it on Paramour- WHENEVER IT STOPS BEING OP. classified_fu

Greedy Cutie-Pie

17,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
I've been trying to save, but I got stupid when Ships Happen was released and bought so many dumb things. I regretted my decision and sold them back out, but I lost a good chunk of change in the process :c

Greedy Cutie-Pie

17,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
VKiera
Not spending gold eh? Ha Ha Ha.

I just dropped close to 40 million if you count the Lovely Luice I traded and the pure that went with it for an item I'd been questing. I pillaged quite a bit of my inventory, but it was so worth it.

I'm actually pretty decent at accumulating gold, but I'm horrible about buying something right away instead of waiting for the price to stabilize first. Last item I did that on was a really nice recolor and the recolor was in a popular color, better than the original if you ask me, but I ended up losing 5 million on it. *sob* The recolor is now half the price of the original.
which item? recolors are usually a lot pricier than the originals...

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Thanks you for posting this, you've made me decide to actually quest for the Blade of the Night Sky (Got Ashen instead during Black Friday)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff