Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Luminous Sparks
I agree with you
But we need to wait for more male items to come out

If that helps, someone who has male inspired items should be supported in cross stitch contest
This, and

the major problem is that the male items are TOO stylized. Along with such nuisances as male-intended items being made for the female base first and then transitioned to the male base rather than the other way around. And that girls get so many average-/normal-looking items while males get barely the amount females get.

I could link my old Turn the Tables thread to point out what some people might mean by "more male stuff".

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich
It's a problem I've pointed out before, that when people say "male", what they really mean is masculine. People want more masculine items, because honestly, there aren't a whole lot in comparison to the wide array of feminine items.
Edit: I also have a far-stretching range of what I consider masculine, and it usually just comes down to how you wear it. But, too often the items that come out that are "male", are generally more boyish in nature.
But a big problem is that even with that kaolafication, there are so many differing opinions on what people want User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.;

It all really comes down to mood and how it's worn. A good example of something not particularly "manly" but very masculine would be Cavalier Corsair. There's no doubting that that's a masculine item.
But I mean that different people with male avatars want different things. Some want armor. Some want it bulky, some dont like bulk. Some like suits, some dont. Some like historical items, some dont.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I think one of the main problem is that many ask for more male items but they aren't specific on what they want. Nothing keeps people from posting some example of what they want. Afterall, if a picture is worth a 1000 words, imagine how many items could be inspired by them wink That said, guys totally need a bigger variety of ties: yup, a lovely waffle tie blaugh

Impassioned Lionheart

Hi-Potion
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich
It's a problem I've pointed out before, that when people say "male", what they really mean is masculine. People want more masculine items, because honestly, there aren't a whole lot in comparison to the wide array of feminine items.
Edit: I also have a far-stretching range of what I consider masculine, and it usually just comes down to how you wear it. But, too often the items that come out that are "male", are generally more boyish in nature.
But a big problem is that even with that kaolafication, there are so many differing opinions on what people want User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.;

It all really comes down to mood and how it's worn. A good example of something not particularly "manly" but very masculine would be Cavalier Corsair. There's no doubting that that's a masculine item.
But I mean that different people with male avatars want different things. Some want armor. Some want it bulky, some dont like bulk. Some like suits, some dont. Some like historical items, some dont.

Then that's more a matter of personal taste. Even disregarding personal taste, there still aren't nearly as many dominantly masculine items as there are dominantly feminine items.

I'm gonna try to think up a solution...

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Penn Almasy
Luminous Sparks
I agree with you
But we need to wait for more male items to come out

If that helps, someone who has male inspired items should be supported in cross stitch contest
This, and

the major problem is that the male items are TOO stylized. Along with such nuisances as male-intended items being made for the female base first and then transitioned to the male base rather than the other way around. And that girls get so many average-/normal-looking items while males get barely the amount females get.

I could link my old Turn the Tables thread to point out what some people might mean by "more male stuff".
too stylised male items eh, yea I have problems with that on a non cosplay avy.

Classic theme male clothing might work but its how they were pixelised is the problem. IRL male fashion =/= virtual item

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
lilloulou
I think one of the main problem is that many ask for more male items but they aren't specific on what they want. Nothing keeps people from posting some example of what they want. Afterall, if a picture is worth a 1000 words, imagine how many items could be inspired by them wink That said, guys totally need a bigger variety of ties: yup, a lovely waffle tie blaugh
This xD

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich

Then that's more a matter of personal taste. Even disregarding personal taste, there still aren't nearly as many dominantly masculine items as there are dominantly feminine items.

But only because female items had a huge head start compared to guy items. You cannot deny that the last two years have been way better for male avatar users, Gaia always, always releases half and half when it comes to the CS.

Impassioned Lionheart

Hi-Potion
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich

But only because female items had a huge head start compared to guy items. You cannot deny that the last two years have been way better for male avatar users, Gaia always, always releases half and half when it comes to the CS.

It doesn't feel like they put as much thought or effort into the masculine items as often as they do with feminine ones. Just saying "Hey at least there's something" doesn't really cut it. They have gotten better, but they still have a long way to go.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich
Hi-Potion
TehChich

It doesn't feel like they put as much thought or effort into the masculine items as often as they do with feminine ones. Just saying "Hey at least there's something" doesn't really cut it. They have gotten better, but they still have a long way to go.
I dont really see that? It looks like they put bitchloads (an actual unit of measurement) of work into their male and female items, and maybe you only feel that way due to personal taste? Like, I see lots of cool male items and think "Wow, thats so cool! too bad its too big for a female base" all the time (like the Knight of Horizon item) and I can see and appreciate the work put into an item even tho I cant make use of it,

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Hai.
Boots.
Decent boots.
In the gold store.
Nice manly combat boots.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I think the guys need a Wolverine hair item.
They could call the item Tragic Wolverine heh.

But srsly though.. I guess I agree with good boots, and of course pants too. And masculine leg mods.

Familiar Traveler

14,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
How many petitions are out there for specific masculine-type items? I know specific things are requested all the time, but rarely do I see something specifically "masculine." It's more "hey, we want male items," but that's it. Maybe more petitions requesting certain "masculine" themes, like vikings, space marines, etc. (which, I acknowledge we already have, but for example), then artists would get a better peg on what the Gaian community generally likes and considers "masculine."

...I hope that made sense... sweatdrop

Stellar Succubus

I've gotta agree... all these threads asking for more male items, more pants or whatever.

But no one sort of provides examples of what they'd like.

I mean, there's hundreds of ways to do a skirt and it'll be acceptable, but only so many ways you can do pants before a larger component of the 'male* community (*of avatars) complain that they're too unisex or 'feminine'.

Perhaps more concrete suggestions of what is wanted wouldn't go astray.

For me, in terms of male items, I'd love to see more shirts with patterns and designs/styles, in fancy cuts.

Ice-Cold Victory

My problem with dressing up male avatars is that everything just looks so...bulky. Chunky might be a better word. Stubby. Stocky.

The male avatar has annoyingly fat hands with few items to modify them without over-feminizing them, and I guess it's the way it has to be but most male leg mods include pants and shoes, so it's a bit more difficult to customize. Can't we get nice shoes AND nice leg mods separately?

I'd like to see more masculine non-"modern day" clothing. Fantasy, historical, etc. I would love some new armor, something masculine but not TOO bulky, with just the right amount of sleekness (if that makes sense). A male equivalent of the Saint Ciel items would be amazing!

Stellar Succubus

I could easily sit here and say "there are not enough bdsm themed items on the site". There are maybe 20, and then some that could be construed as so but aren't really designed to relate to that.

But then that's because I'm narrowing down my criteria significantly.

"Can be worn by a male avatar and still look male" is very different to "masculine". Masculine is a theme just like any other, and having said that, it is limited like any other theme.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff