Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Okay.
Every time anything ever comes out on Gaia, we hear this from guys, gals, and people of no gender who use male bases.
Now, in the past, this was true. Thats why Narumi and many others made female avatars, the wide array of items. But Gaia has made much progress since then. Every RIG is split between male, female, and neutral items. Most REIs make a stylized attempt at appealing to the male avatar users, we have 1 male and 1 female MC every month, gold shop updates tend to be more split down the middle (but, really, its hard to make candy clothing look masculine uvu;; ), etc. Long story short, guys arent getting nearly as shafted as they were before and yet it still is not enough. But, I think one of the main reasons is that, like the female avatar users, not all guy avatar users are looking for the same thing? Many lament over suits, but tons of male avatar users also love them, some get annoyed at bulky armour/clothing, some love it, etc. And then theres also the stylized male clothing that is male but generally does not appeal to many male tastes (example: The male "Hansel" items from Modus Operandi. Its 100% male, but not what most guys are used to, same with Little Princeling. It's shape shows that it is obviously not female and yet make guys didnt like it. Why? It is based off the Ouji (prince) male-lolita style of dress.)

And, as I was talking to the staff at HQ earlier, they said that they DO hear your plights. All the time. (how can they NOT hear the GCD?) But one of the main problems is that they dont really know what the male avatar community is looking for? (Aside from facial hair, which I hope there is more of soon for cosplay reasons) Yeah, not everyone wants the same things, but what do people with male avatars generally look for?

As for me, I dont use a male avatar but I LOVE to crossplay! I generally look from suits/mafia types of clothing. and leg mods. Lots of leg mods. Also, Im always waiting for more pinstripe....

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
I agree with you
But we need to wait for more male items to come out

If that helps, someone who has male inspired items should be supported in cross stitch contest

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Luminous Sparks
I agree with you
But we need to wait for more male items to come out

If that helps, someone who has male inspired items should be supported in cross stitch contest
But more male items are always coming out is the thing
but the community isnt reacting well to whats out, usually.

Newbie Noob

You just have to be creative. razz

Not too many people like the male things that come out because they seem a bit off but combined with other items, they can seem a bit manly. xd

Also, the idea of adding mafia based items or more mafia based items sounds like a sweet idea.

Tricky Cat

More casual male accessories.
Watches, ties, socks, belts.

Girls have plenty of this stuff, and y'know.. I think I'd make a guy avatar if there were a lot more filler male items.
Girls have a s**t-ton of filler items or "touches of this color" items. Guys really dont.
I think they'd appreciate more casual accessories, mix and matchables, and less bulky pieces.

Edit:
Can I have those bathroom pics now

Double Edit:
Another idea that I threw at admins that got (what I assumed) brushed off is to have even numbers in the Crosstich contests.
Specify you'll accept 3 male and 3 female item winners.
And throw in '2 adordygnous"
or you know, concrete and fair terms like that. In other games where there were design contests they had a womens category, a male category, and a weapons category.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapin Lequesne
More casual male accessories.
Watches, ties, socks, belts.

Girls have plenty of this stuff, and y'know.. I think I'd make a guy avatar if there were a lot more filler male items.
Girls have a s**t-ton of filler items or "touches of this color" items. Guys really dont.
I think they'd appreciate more casual accessories, mix and matchables, and less bulky pieces.

Edit:
Can I have those bathroom pics now

Double Edit:
Another idea that I threw at admins that got (what I assumed) brushed off is to have even numbers in the Crosstich contests.
Specify you'll accept 3 male and 3 female item winners.
And throw in '2 adordygnous"
or you know, concrete and fair terms like that. In other games where there were design contests they had a womens category, a male category, and a weapons category.
Im p sure we have most of what we can do with those accessories ;3; we have bitchloads of socks, tires, belts, pocket/wrist watches, etc. Theres only so much we can do, right? @A@

Oh! Right. I want a plain black sweater vest and more plain black vests. the ones we have are either rare or not good looking ;3;
User Image
User Image

I'm all for the men having what they want. I just have no idea exactly what it is that they want except facial hair and "more manly things". The latter is so vague..

Shy Warrior

Hi-Potion
(Aside from facial hair, which I hope there is more of soon for cosplay reasons)

User Image
Heh. I was going to mention that one.
I don't know what is generally wanted site wide in male items, but I do know what items I want. Vikings and Armour. But none of this bulky s**t. I want chainmail and fur cloaks and scraps of metal/cloth that I can layer about. I want dirty scuffed boots with lace up/buckle details. I want more daggers I can strap to the legs and arms.

And I want Renaissance Fashion and French Court stuff. I know we have some....but moar. I would love Ancient Greek clothing too.

More belts too. Of all sorts. So you can have several hanging about the waist areas each in different spot. Or a nice thick one sort of like a corset emotion_dowant

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Voievoda
Hi-Potion
(Aside from facial hair, which I hope there is more of soon for cosplay reasons)

User Image
I don't know what is generally wanted site wide in male items, but I do know what items I want. Vikings and Armour. But none of this bulky s**t. I want chainmail and fur cloaks and scraps of metal/cloth that I can layer about. I want dirty scuffed boots with lace up/buckle details. I want more daggers I can strap to the legs and arms.

And I want Renaissance Fashion and French Court stuff. I know we have some....but moar. I would love Ancient Greek clothing too.

More belts too. Of all sorts. So you can have several hanging about the waist areas each in different spot. Or a nice thick one sort of like a corset emotion_dowant
Ahhhh I want more viking items too ;3;
Its hard making a good viking item without using a set here
The only one I made so far is this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And pls more male and female greek items
I wanna make a greek avatar but we lack the items

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Fantasy items. All day. Everyday.

I haven't had a problem with updates, really. Only thing that would be it better is more types of facial hair, but I think that is a given.

Impassioned Lionheart

It's a problem I've pointed out before, that when people say "male", what they really mean is masculine. People want more masculine items, because honestly, there aren't a whole lot in comparison to the wide array of feminine items.

Edit: I also have a far-stretching range of what I consider masculine, and it usually just comes down to how you wear it. But, too often the items that come out that are "male", are generally more boyish in nature.

Shy Warrior

Hi-Potion
Voievoda
Hi-Potion

User Image

Ahhhh I want more viking items too ;3;
Its hard making a good viking item without using a set here
The only one I made so far is this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And pls more male and female greek items
I wanna make a greek avatar but we lack the items

It definitely is. My attempt looks like this:
User Image

It's pretty similar to yours really. We need more range and less bulkiness.
Another thing I'd like is clothing similar to Game of Thrones. I just think it looks really nice.
Definitely need Greek and Roman items. And plenty of range in them. For females too.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
TehChich
It's a problem I've pointed out before, that when people say "male", what they really mean is masculine. People want more masculine items, because honestly, there aren't a whole lot in comparison to the wide array of feminine items.

Edit: I also have a far-stretching range of what I consider masculine, and it usually just comes down to how you wear it. But, too often the items that come out that are "male", are generally more boyish in nature.
But a big problem is that even with that kaolafication, there are so many differing opinions on what people want ;3;

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Razumi Yazura
Fantasy items. All day. Everyday.

I haven't had a problem with updates, really. Only thing that would be it better is more types of facial hair, but I think that is a given.
More fantasy would be loved. gvrfdnc Game Of Thrones sponsor?

Impassioned Lionheart

Hi-Potion
TehChich
But a big problem is that even with that kaolafication, there are so many differing opinions on what people want User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.;

It all really comes down to mood and how it's worn. A good example of something not particularly "manly" but very masculine would be Cavalier Corsair. There's no doubting that that's a masculine item.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff