Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

When did you find the wonderful land of Gaia?

2003-2004 0.36009174311927 36.0% [ 157 ]
2005-2006 0.31880733944954 31.9% [ 139 ]
2007-2008 0.20183486238532 20.2% [ 88 ]
2009-2010 0.073394495412844 7.3% [ 32 ]
2011-2012 0.029816513761468 3.0% [ 13 ]
2013-2014 0.0045871559633028 0.5% [ 2 ]
What is this place? 0.011467889908257 1.1% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 436 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 >

desupantsu's Waifu

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Neithan
demonduck
Myrielle
Wow. I joined during the Easter Event in 2004. This image definitely gives me nostalgia.

User Image
I had no idea who they were, but I liked that they were giving me eggs.

i miss ian and his blonde hair crying

2004 easter was the boooomb.
(my first gaia event too)
i still got my bunny hat!

Me too! ;-;

i changed into my first outfit in honour of the thread! (Though the face mods and hair are new, both because i find it hard to give them up now and because i'm too lazy to go buy the base ones i used to have sweatdrop ) The dress was the first clothing item i bought on Gaia. It's still sitting at the start of my inventory.

i hardly used to change my outfit, until the last couple of years or so, and i still have many of my old items, even if i never use them anymore. Too many memories to let them go. heart

the hair and eyes go well with the dress.
gives you a very simple elegance sort of vibe.

i keep wanting to wear my newer glasses item but im trying to keep to older items for now.
i used to wear the emo glasses a lot but the glasses in secret character are just so much better.

desupantsu's Waifu

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
August Star Of Heaven
xd I'm rather new-ish to the mix here (got here in '09).

gonk Darn, I remember being an insomniac just to grab enough gold in Booty Grab just to fund my
Plague Doctor and The Nightmare. The Prize Collection '09 was my very first item quested here in Gaia, it was given to me as a farewell gift by an Aquarium reg before s/he went farewell to Gaia.

I have a soft spot for the more unconventional early EI's...DrinkyTengu was an early Gaian favorite artist of mine.

i have several of those EIs since i liked a couple poses but that style looks very out of place paired with most of my other times so they don't get much use.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
demonduck
Steeple
I actually bought out the shops lately, so maybe i should do something similar..... maybe make use of that ugly "tan"/"olive" color so common in early shop items.

or maybe i coud take an older avi and revamp it like i did once...

im not a larget tan fan but i love some of the greens of the older items.
revamping is fun. i love the one that i had on when i started this thread.
i'll probably wear it again for the anniversary event. >w<
Some of the greens are nice, just... yeah.

I should revise a new one too. or maybe just wear the plain..? hmm.

Smitten Kitten

16,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

The oldest Avi I could find.

But it's definately not the oldest. I loveddd my blunt bangs with rainbow socks, and that shirt. That was usually my avatar. :') Paired with a bow of sorts. And my biggest quest was the ducky hat. But that must've been back when I was 14.

Yeah. Kind of like my current, minus the Angelic Sash because I was poor. 8D

Omnipresent Spirit

I've been on and off gaia since 05. I came back to stay for good near the end of 2011, it's fun to see how my avatar style has changed over time.

Here are some of my OG 2012-2013 avis, I know they're not that old school, but the lack of leg mods was the struggle exclaim

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Adventure Time Style 4 lyfe
Ahh, memories!
I wasn't on when it first came out, but I've heard enough to get a feel of how it used to be. Still, I was there before the GCS was there. Watched as it sprouted up from nowhere!
I was also there for when "no mouth" was popular and those random giftboxes still meant something; Nightmare headband for 600,000 was a lot back then!

Favorite and forever item that I still keep is the romani glasses. Always used them back in the day. I still have it but I just don't use them anymore.
Pretty much everything else that I had in the past is either gone, or is in my storage box/mule for lack of use.

My original dream avi which I had made before I was even on the site(tektek for the win?):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After I got on and realized that it would be impossible to create that avatar for myself on my own, I went with something more attainable:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
And in the later years (the one beside the fox avi), I recreated that old completed dream avi into a more modern day version for nostalgia purposes. It really looked nothing like the older version, but it had the same colors; just a more fitting look for how I dressed at the time.

Indulgent Explorer

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I first joined in January 2007 when I was at my friend's birthday party and she introduced me to Gaia. I was a total noob and had a terrible username and I used to spam the forums. I've been on and off with different accounts but I've had this one since 2010.
I used to think that 6000 gold was a lot of money. Man.
I don't have any documentation of my old avatars but it's probably for the best... sweatdrop

Aged Autobiographer

Toodles Galore

On the topic of Avatar Creators - that's how I actually found Gaia. Through Gavsim!

My friend and I were on a website that listed various dollmakers, of which Gavsim was one, which lead us on the path to Gaia!

I came in right during the Halloween event (2004) - I was super confused but had a lot of fun lol.
Miscoded
Toodles Galore

On the topic of Avatar Creators - that's how I actually found Gaia. Through Gavsim!

My friend and I were on a website that listed various dollmakers, of which Gavsim was one, which lead us on the path to Gaia!

I came in right during the Halloween event (2004) - I was super confused but had a lot of fun lol.

I found gaia through my rl family! (mother was on it the day it stated, sister was on a year or a half before me)
I was actually on a week or two before the 2007 Halloween event (which was fun and still had good items to earn). Where Overseer and Sentinel first started out to clash with each other one more time. (I wonder if Gino still vomits pearls?)

But a doll maker website that had tektek sounds like it had everything then! Is it still an active site after all these years?
Ive had the same avatar since 2004 minus my angelic pendant which is lost now

Used to comoete on avatar contests and thats how i usually made my gold.
Miss my old friends. crying
Ven Loki Loraine
I tried... and it looks like 2004 threw up all over me. xd Dear God.
I remember how awesome the fresh grass skirt was when I joined. That thing and black and white striped stockings were the s**t. I think they were really rare back then because because they only came from the boxes, right? It's been so long...
damn, so true i remember that skirt with the stocking and slippers being all over the place. heart

shy gh0st's Wife

I really don't even own most of my "older" items anymore. I didn't like how they looked then, still don't like 'em now.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Day 1, I saved my avatar and this is was I looked like!
User Image
Joined in 1 Jan 2004 as Deism.
And on the first day I won the nitemare headband (use to be a highly sought after item)...which someone tried to scam from me, but thankfully I liked it too much and did not sell it.

Within a month this is what I looked like!
User Image
The mask use to be my iconic item, and wore it for almost a year along with my signature.
And for more nostalgia, this was the signature I had before I started to collect art. Think my babies were in my signature for the first year.
User Image

Then Grombie happened and I never went back.
User Image
Got hit with a hair glitch which I never fixed and since 2005 I pretty much kept the same type of design, though I have added red to my colors and a bunch of s**t that's not needed. wink
I never saved my old avatars but I still remember my two favourites so I recreated them ^_^

User Image

User Image

I still have the same hair, eyes, and glasses. That part of my avatar never changes 3nodding

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Got my engraved bracelet equipped and everything. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash