Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mysterious Trickster

Norahlie, an artist responsible for many items, has been asked to leave Gaia due to management changes. I'm sadden by this because she is mostly known for unisexing a lot of Gaia's older items.

While I know Staff come and go as things change, it's still sad to see one leave. Especially as talented as Norahlie. I want to wish her the best in her endeavors and hope she and her husband have a wonderful and bright future. She is working on Skullgirls as a clean-up artist, by the way. /excited because I love Skullgirls

MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOUR THANK YOUS AND WISH THEM THE BEST OF LUCK IN THEIR JOURNALS.

Here is a link to her journal entry: http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=34394341&u=28825365
Here is also a link to Norahlie's DA account, showcasing all of the items she has made: http://setsuna22.deviantart.com/art/Gaia-Items-337512337

Also:
Sifen Yamishi
zimmay appears to be leaving as well:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=34395597&u=1746318

And...
Winter Hue

... Oh my god. What is going on at HQ? Now another artist has been let go.
Oh bara-chan, your items were so much fun. Journal

Mokumoku Naito
Thought everyone should know that Gunmetalrose is also leaving the artist staff along with bara-chan and zimmay.
Her journal post: http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&u=31880673

WHAT IS GOING ON gonk

Here are your spoons:

Gaia's losing another good artist-how do you feel?
Who will now unisex all those old items?! D:
I feel like this is some sort of popularity voting contest, who would you vote to KEEP on Gaia? Same question, but reversed: Who would you vote to LEAVE? /this last one is a fun question.

Norahlie
Kain-Senpai
-OP snip-

Thank you so much for making this post. You really didn't have to and now I am a little overwhelmed by it. T3T;;; It's really sweet of you!

Edit: Norahlie:

Norahlie
The Undead Suitor
dakki-dono
wow now we're loosing artists I didn't even know we've had.

Dat turnover rate

10 bucks says she started asking for a living wage

that, or she was unable to work on multiple parts on the site. It seems the only safe artists are the ones who make flash spaces and comic pages while also making items on the side.

they probably figured if you can't do 3 peoples jobs at once, they can always hire a DA contract kid to do your work for you for half the money...oh..and "experience"

the most precious commodity for young artists

All of this really isnt true. I was just part of the continuing layoffs that we're mentioned in Sisky's earlier post: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/fyi-regarding-recent-staff-changes/t.85693229/

I got paid plenty at Gaia for the work I did and I was very happy working here. I also worked here for 3 years, while others who got laid off were here from the beginning; so I wouldn't say the turnover rate is very high at Gaia. And on the last part of the comment, I do not work in house. I live in Colorado and Gaia is based in California. I was a contracted employee and had always been so. I don't know many jobs that contract someone out for 3 years and give them steady work (as in I made items every single month for 3 years sort of steady work). I also don't know many other jobs that would pay me to work out of my home, doing something that I love. Despite what rumors people like to make here, the artists really do get treated very well both financially and personally; we are all treated like a big family. Which, with that being said, made it really hard for them to make the decision to lay off employees. But, that's really the nature of our economy and work environment these days. Pretty much every company out there is having to do lay offs; Gaia isn't any different.

Tricky Cat

uhm.. hrm.

what items did she make?
And its just a job. It happens

Oh shes the artistfor the december MC last year.

Wasnt really a fan tbh

Lunatic

Your Black Cat cosplay is adorbs.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Aww, she was one of my favorite artists on here.

I hope for the best for her.

Mysterious Trickster

Lapine Lequesne
uhm.. hrm.

what items did she make?
And its just a job. It happens

List of items Norahlie created.

Sure, it's a job. However, I think when it comes to Gaia, it's more than just a job. It's a home filled with a dysfunctional family that loves and hates all at the same time... with innuendo jokes thrown every now and then. Haha.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Aw, I'm sad to see her go. Maybe she and o_8 can team up for skullgirls

Buggy Punk

Bummer. The unisexing project is great,and I liked her stuff in the regency update.

I wonder how many artists they're down to now.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
That's a real shame.

-edit-

FOr those wondering about what items she did:

User Image

Magic Hobo

FECK. Now who's going to finish up unisexing? gonk She was doing such good work there.

Angelic Nitemare

Mereluna
Bummer. The unisexing project is great,and I liked her stuff in the regency update.

Six artists and Reapersun's cat.

These are sad times. emotion_donotwant

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

It always sucks a** when people leave and they like working for Gaia. And I wish her well in her future success.

But dammit who's gonna take up the unisexing mantle now. It's one of the projects I always look forward to ; o;

Buggy Punk

Ridley Starsmore
Mereluna

Six artists and Reapersun's cat.

These are sad times. emotion_donotwant
s**t.

That cat is terrible about deadlines.

Fashionable Gaian

O:

She made celestial veil? Cool.
Well, I wish her good luck on her future projects.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
But...but she's my favorite artist.

She can't do this to me, not after I've lost Drinky.

WHY SETSUNA emo

Stellar Succubus

Wow, she was responsible for some pretty bold items, and I'll miss that bright spark in a sea of pastel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff