Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Sinsario
But...but she's my favorite artist.

She can't do this to me, not after I've lost Drinky.

WHY SETSUNA emo

*sobbu with you*

i am still heartorn over drinky tho

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Thread Flip 150
That's sad man. I need to get hero manner.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Slick Southpaw
Sinsario
But...but she's my favorite artist.

She can't do this to me, not after I've lost Drinky.

WHY SETSUNA emo

*sobbu with you*

i am still heartorn over drinky tho

I'm gunna be heartdestoryed forever for both of them.

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Makes me sad to see another artist leaving. I wish you luck on your projects, Norahlie. Also working on Skullgirls too huh? That's awesome at least.
Sad to see another artist go, even if I admittedly wasn't aware of what items she worked on until now.. and I agree that Gaia probably becomes more than a job.. I mean it's like a weird home.
At least the former staff can still visit & enjoy Gaiaonline, even if it's not in the same ways.
Good luck to her, but it seems like she doesn't need it, she's already lined up with things to do. : )

Distinct Vampire

I feel so terrible when I don't know who these artists who are leaving are. I know of their items but I just don't know who the talent was behind them. Thanks for posting the Artist/Item List thread, Kain-Senpai
I wish I got more in touch with artists and other members but I digress..

It's really sad to leave on such terms, I wish her all the best for future projects!

Receiver

User Image
i know her more on deviantart as Setsuna. I had no idea she was an artist here o -o

Omnipresent Loiterer

wow now we're loosing artists I didn't even know we've had.

Dat turnover rate

10 bucks says she started asking for a living wage

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
dakki-dono

Dat turnover rate

that, or she was unable to work on multiple parts on the site. It seems the only safe artists are the ones who make flash spaces and comic pages while also making items on the side.

they probably figured if you can't do 3 peoples jobs at once, they can always hire a DA contract kid to do your work for you for half the money...oh..and "experience"

the most precious commodity for young artists

Omnipresent Loiterer

The Undead Suitor
dakki-dono
Dat turnover rate

that, or she was unable to work on multiple parts on the site. It seems the only safe artists are the ones who make flash spaces and comic pages while also making items on the side.
they probably figured if you can't do 3 peoples jobs at once, they can always hire a DA contract kid to do your work for you for half the money...oh..and "experience"

you can use it for your portfolio!

fun fact, they now accept artwork as payment for rent in california

Aged Pumpkin

7,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Undead Suitor
dakki-dono

Dat turnover rate

All of this really isnt true. I was just part of the continuing layoffs that we're mentioned in Sisky's earlier post: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/fyi-regarding-recent-staff-changes/t.85693229/

I got paid plenty at Gaia for the work I did and I was very happy working here. I also worked here for 3 years, while others who got laid off were here from the beginning; so I wouldn't say the turnover rate is very high at Gaia. And on the last part of the comment, I do not work in house. I live in Colorado and Gaia is based in California. I was a contracted employee and had always been so. I don't know many jobs that contract someone out for 3 years and give them steady work (as in I made items every single month for 3 years sort of steady work). I also don't know many other jobs that would pay me to work out of my home, doing something that I love. Despite what rumors people like to make here, the artists really do get treated very well both financially and personally; we are all treated like a big family. Which, with that being said, made it really hard for them to make the decision to lay off employees. But, that's really the nature of our economy and work environment these days. Pretty much every company out there is having to do lay offs; Gaia isn't any different.

Aged Pumpkin

7,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Kain-Senpai
Norahlie, an artist responsible for many items, has been asked to leave Gaia due to management changes. I'm sadden by this because she is mostly known for unisexing a lot of Gaia's older items.

While I know Staff come and go as things change, it's still sad to see one leave. Especially as talented as Norahlie. I want to wish her the best in her endeavors and hope she and her husband have a wonderful and bright future. She is working on Skullgirls as a clean-up artist, by the way. /excited because I love Skullgirls

Here is a link to her journal entry: http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=34394341&u=28825365

Here are your spoons:

Gaia's losing another good artist-how do you feel?
Who will now unisex all those old items?! D:
I feel like this is some sort of popularity voting contest, who would you vote to KEEP on Gaia? Same question, but reversed: Who would you vote to LEAVE? /this last one is a fun question.

Thank you so much for making this post. You really didn't have to and now I am a little overwhelmed by it. T3T;;; It's really sweet of you!

Widower

Festive Lightbringer

12,575 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
you're building me up just to break me down

I just hope they'll never get rid of pepper-tea. She's so lovely~

Biancamells, Reve Rouille, Antique Shop; my absolute all time favorite items can be credited to her. ^^

you're being loud without a sound

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
That's a darn shame.

Best of luck to them on their future endeavors.

Professional Novice

I feel okay. She made nice items, though. I'm sure she'll find other work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff