Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

VVhip
Yerosh
VVhip
I'm wondering what the reasoning behind letting so many artists go is?

Is there some sort of future restructuring we don't know about happening?

probably economy

Artists, though. And now?

Why not other staff? Or are artists the most expendable?

Most of them seem to be contract artists if I'm not mistaken. Those are the ones that they can afford to let go. It would be a shame if they had to get rid of more in house artists but I have no doubt a lot of those who were let go will be able to land on their feet because they do a lot of freelance work on the side. I know for a lot of the contract artists Gaia wasn't their main means of having an art job.

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I wonder how this is going to work..... I mean to lose 3 artists at one time?? Does this mean we aren't going to have as many items/rigs/ei's b/c those as far as I can tell are the bread and butter of Gaia. I hope they've thought this through very carefully...

Stellar Succubus

Chibi Halo
VVhip
Yerosh
VVhip
I'm wondering what the reasoning behind letting so many artists go is?

Is there some sort of future restructuring we don't know about happening?

probably economy

Artists, though. And now?

Why not other staff? Or are artists the most expendable?

Most of them seem to be contract artists if I'm not mistaken. Those are the ones that they can afford to let go. It would be a shame if they had to get rid of more in house artists but I have no doubt a lot of those who were let go will be able to land on their feet because they do a lot of freelance work on the side. I know for a lot of the contract artists Gaia wasn't their main means of having an art job.

Aye, and contract work can be like that. I work mainly contract jobs in art and education, and it's just something you get used to. There's not any such thing as job security. smile

It's sad to see them go, still. But I mean, knowing what I know of contract work, it's not something that I would be gutted about... just a lil financial setback if it was continuing work.

Time-traveling Senshi

VVhip
Aye, and contract work can be like that. I work mainly contract jobs in art and education, and it's just something you get used to. There's not any such thing as job security. smile

It's sad to see them go, still. But I mean, knowing what I know of contract work, it's not something that I would be gutted about... just a lil financial setback if it was continuing work.

Exactly, and knowing what I know about zimmay and her career she's going to be just fine. Sure she won't have some steady paychecks for a while but she's been doing some freelance work for a comic writer lately and she has her store where she sells prints, mugs, buttons, stickers, and pencil pouches. She has some sources of income but not the steady amount she had with the pixel work for Gaia.

Perfect Saint

Is there a sniper in Gaia HQ doing head shots per week?

Owl Bard's Bestie

This thread started out with one name what the ********

Lavish Lunatic

Jaffah
This thread started out with one name what the ******** thoughts exactly.

Now it seems like another wave of lay-offs to me.

Reveler

This is really disappointing.
Gunmetalrose and Zimmay were the only ones to monitor and reply to the NPC stein thread on item glitches,
(this is the only place I've interacted with artists), they seem lovely and dedicated.

Stubborn Gifter

I will admit that I was confused who Gunmetalrose was until I read some of the people's posts about her. And after seeing what items she made, I discovered there are some of the items I like, especially two items that I love.

User Image

WTF GAIA?! WTF?! Do you really want to start another riot like you did before? emotion_donotwant

If I find out that the CEO lay off another amazing artist, I don't know how long will Gaia survive. If this keeps up, I'm going to be flipping tables. Heck, I might as well do it anyway if the CEO already did without our notice.

User Image

Self-sustaining Simp

Calelith

I hope Boog isn't going to go too. He makes such awesome items.

Me too, we need Boog for manliness. scream
Jisen Meizuki
If I find out that the CEO lay off another amazing artist, I don't know how long will Gaia survive.

I think they're laying people off to try and ensure Gaia does survive. It's heartbreaking to see more people lose their jobs, but someone has to make those difficult decisions. I doubt things would be any different if it had been someone else who had taken the CEO position, they've obviously been dropped into a bad situation and there's a point where you can't keep haemorrhaging money and hoping you'll claw it back later.

My sympathies are with those who've lost their jobs, I hope they find more work soon. heart

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Damn. More ?
Jeesh. Are they replacing them or just lowering the numbers

Sparkly Genius

It seems to me that taking away good artists is counter intuitive to making/saving money. The better artists inspire us to buy their cash items and spend more. I have let two REI's go by because they just didn't appeal to me. It's nothing against the artists who made them, but they are just not up to the standards I enjoy. (PRISM anyone?) That last orange thing was so poorly drawn in my opinion. There was no way I was spending real money on that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff