Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Knight

Winter Hue
Elynai
Winter Hue
Elynai

wtf? How many artists are actually left now? :/

Buki, PRlSM, Zimmay, Bara-chan, Norahlie, DrinkyTengu.
Those are the artists that have been let go in the past year. So 6. crying

I meant like remaining xd : But thank you!

Oh derp derp, sorry about that. Reminder to myself, put on glasses before reading a thread.
Let me help you with the correct question. To my knowledge we have the following artists:
I will also list what they are most known for in terms of the type of items they release.

- Bandis77 (Cash Shop Bundles)
- bluefeathers_onDA (Monthly Collectibles and RIG items)
- CP (???)
- crossbon (Evolving Items and RIG items)
- Dravid MD (??? probably RIG items)
- Eldritch Zetallis (???)
- ethe (Evolving Items)
- Fayren Pickpocket (Evolving Items and RIG items)
- Finni (Cash Shop Bundles and RIG items)
- gem2niki (Evolving Items)
- Gunmetalrose (RIG items)
- Kichigai M (Monthly Collectibles)
- L0cke (Evolving Items)
- Lowkei (Monthly Collectibles and RIG items)
- milkbun (Evolving Items, Cash Shop items, and RIG items)
- Miori (Cash Shop Bundles and RIG items)
- Mishiri (Evolving Items and Cash Shop items)
- pepper-tea (Evolving Items)
- pyawakit (RIG items)
- reapersun (Evovlving Items)
- reirei (Evolving Items, RIG items, and Cash Shop Bundles)
- shavostars (RIG items)
- warrior_of_boognish (Monthly Collectibles and RIG items)

So in summary (and to my knowledge), we have 23 artists. Not all of the artists are currently
working on items. Some are working on site and off-site (Gaia Interactive) artwork and games.
We have a total of 6 artists left on working on RIGs. However more than likely other artists
come in and make items every now and then. No way 6 artists could make all of those items
every single month. However I don't have a clue how many made items for this month.

Thank you! Still plenty of artists then... sucks for the ones who have had to leave though ;-;

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Bunai
I don't understand this new CEO.
Gaia can't go back to having a puddle of artists working on this site. The purpose of increasing the art group was to 1) alleviate the workload 2) give more variety 3) and to complete an event with Developers in a shorter amount of time.

This is getting stupid.

I think i might understand some of it.

the CEO wants to re-focus on gaia online from what i understand. so now that artists are being brought back to Gaia Online projects instead of having them work on other unknown/less successful projects, Gaia Interactive probably doesn't need that many artists as it used to?

e.g. we'll be getting Ethe and Fayren REIs instead of [insert name of contract artist here] REIs, now that Ethe and Fayren are probably back to being assigned to making Gaia Online items in some of their tasks. That is, Gaia no longer needs X other artists in the company since in-house artists like Ethe and Fayren are being re-assigned to help make pixel items.
O_O I saw the news about Zimmay, but there were another two atrists we lost now too? D: Is any artist aside from Reapersun still safe? ;^;
I don't suppose any of you got the Former Gaians survey email?

Maybe the new project has something to do with the recent changes. Particularly since that survey did ask about art style preferences.

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300
Aw man Bara-chan too? :/
I really liked her art style! It was refreshing to see in RIGS.
Hopefully she'll be able to find work quickly.

Anxious Pal

Thought everyone should know that Gunmetalrose is also leaving the artist staff along with bara-chan and zimmay.
Her journal post: http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&u=31880673

WHAT IS GOING ON gonk

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Mokumoku Naito
Thought everyone should know that Gunmetalrose is also leaving the artist staff along with bara-chan and zimmay.

WHAT IS GOING ON gonk

SERIOUSLY?? gonk I'm shocked. It's official, pretty much all of my favorite artists have been laid off this year crying
Mokumoku Naito

WHAT IS GOING ON gonk

I was just coming back here because I just saw that journal entry. gonk Is there some kind of artist battle royale going on over there that they aren't telling us about? If so, I think we should all at least get to see their final competition artwork to ease the sting of losing people some.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
d'aawww....i wonder how many artists were let go in total

Anxious Friend

This is a little depressing and frightening..

Destructive Bunny

Can't say I'm too surprised. I stick by the fact that if they can get rid of PRISM, they can get rid of anyone.

I don't know where this notion of replacing them with cheaper artists on DA came from. Last I talked to staff, there were no plans to hire anyone.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Existential Existence
Bunai
I don't understand this new CEO.
Gaia can't go back to having a puddle of artists working on this site. The purpose of increasing the art group was to 1) alleviate the workload 2) give more variety 3) and to complete an event with Developers in a shorter amount of time.

This is getting stupid.

I think i might understand some of it.

the CEO wants to re-focus on gaia online from what i understand. so now that artists are being brought back to Gaia Online projects instead of having them work on other unknown/less successful projects, Gaia Interactive probably doesn't need that many artists as it used to?

e.g. we'll be getting Ethe and Fayren REIs instead of [insert name of contract artist here] REIs, now that Ethe and Fayren are probably back to being assigned to making Gaia Online items in some of their tasks. That is, Gaia no longer needs X other artists in the company since in-house artists like Ethe and Fayren are being re-assigned to help make pixel items.

I would sink 1000 ships for more Fayren items, at least her items look different

also I have no idea who gunmetalrose is

she will be missed for the 45 seconds I knew she existed

Magnetic Lunatic

I keep seeing this thread, and every time I do, it's got another name added to it.

Now, I don't really pay any attention to who makes what on this site, but it's still weird to me that they just keep firing artists. I don't think it's beneficial to anyone. More people = more variety. I know whenever I'm making clothing designs I go for the frilly girly stuff. Which is fun and all but if I were the sole designer of items, wow would the dudes be pissed off. And every artist has some sort of design bias like that. Having a lot of people just leaves fewer gaps.

Also it's not like they're suddenly going to be able to get away with fewer items released. We'll notice. Like always. Plus, less stuff to sell.

So, are they going to overwork the artists they have to subpar results? Or are they just picking up new people? I'm really hoping for the latter.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250

I actually think we get too many items released nowadays.

My initial reaction was to be upset, but... I don't know. I don't think we need as many artists as we had, so letting some contract workers go does make sense...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff