Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
They were hiding years ago. Then they stopped hiding. Why would they be hiding again?

Also, so uh, did we save Christmas or what? I don't even know.

Beloved Nerd

Lazarus Larkin
They were hiding years ago. Then they stopped hiding. Why would they be hiding again?

Also, so uh, did we save Christmas or what? I don't even know.

lol
Well no one knows who they were hiding from, right? I don't think it was THAT many years ago..

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
It was like three years ago, wasn't it? They were both involved in events since then.

Beloved Nerd

Lazarus Larkin
It was like three years ago, wasn't it? They were both involved in events since then.

*Officially been on Gaia WAY too long when 3 years feels like a year or two..*

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
While I do appreciate everything that Gaia's staff does for its users, I will say that I was surprised by how little time was needed to fully complete this year's Christmas event. I usually have to set aside several days in order to get through one of our bigger events, but I spent a mere three hours this time around. I hate to say it, but I feel like less thought was put into this event than what usually is. Maybe their rationale was that the world may possibly be ending soon, so why spend all of the remaining time planning an online event? xD Hopefully our next big event will be slightly more substantial.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I don't mind that it didn't take long to complete. I like that. I just don't like that it wasn't even remotely interesting and was, in fact, more confusing than anything else. Usually we have some idea of what we're actually doing in the grand scheme, even if it's just collecting eggs for a crazy cyborg rabbit. This time it felt like it was supposed to have a plot but that plot was never fully explained.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
SaikoTaiko
Lazarus Larkin

*Officially been on Gaia WAY too long when 3 years feels like a year or two..*

yeah, the fact that this whole demigod story arc started 3 years ago really puts gaia's pacing into perspective

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
I didn't mind the event- I got the pretty Poinsettia dress and even with my usual hectic schedule during this time of the year, I was actually able to complete the event. I dunno... maybe for those who have a lot of spare time right now it was boring, but for me it was a relief. I could log in after work, collect my Wing Sticker, do the caroling cycle twice while studying/cooking/household tasks, and feel like I actually made some progress every day. lol
The lack of a New Year celebration? Yeah... I admit, after work and throughout the night on NYE I was popping in to see if something was going to happen and also on NYD I thought that there would be a little something... I like it when Gaia does those little touches, like on not the last leap year but the one before it (too tired from work to remember what year it was or count lol) we got a little login gift of a frog item. It was cute and a nice little touch. But the lack of such for NYE didn't disappoint me enough to feel gypped. I'm just hoping that they have some nice items for Chinese New Year as I was born in the year of the snake.

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I've come to expect the events to be lame any more so there's no surprise to me when it happens.

Distinct Explorer

aine21
I'm just hoping that they have some nice items for Chinese New Year as I was born in the year of the snake.
I'd die a little if we got a nice CNY gold shop updates with Chinese Lanterns and attire and stuff smile

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
Fractale
aine21
I'm just hoping that they have some nice items for Chinese New Year as I was born in the year of the snake.
I'd die a little if we got a nice CNY gold shop updates with Chinese Lanterns and attire and stuff smile

Yeah, we have a little here and there, but I wouldn't complain about more. lol Ooh! Like some lanterns that glow- that would be awesome.

Distinct Explorer

aine21
Fractale
aine21

Yeah, we have a little here and there, but I wouldn't complain about more. lol Ooh! Like some lanterns that glow- that would be awesome.
we have one or 2 glowing lanterns in Global Imports, but yeah. Always nice to have more. Golden and silver ones, too

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I haven't been here in so long, so I didn't think it was so bad, since I only had vague memories of events from years and years ago. When you get used to other events on other avatar sites that are just as, if not more mediocre, then anything on here is awesome. I'm also glad it didn't take so much work to complete.

Everyday Garbage

Given that I usually run a freebie thread for events, an easier event means more time actually managing my thread.
Buuut that's just me.
I've never had an event on Gaia that took more than a day to complete.
Even if it takes me 6 to 8 hours, I can blow through pretty much all of Gaia's events [( save Piehard)] in one setting.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Kind of weird that Gaia didn't do anything for New Year's, but I don't really care. We'll probably be getting stuff for Chinese New Year anyway, THAT'S what I like. cat_cool Year of the Snake, so I'm expecting some cool stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff