Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

I was really let down by this year's event, to be honest. Even more so after they made the changes to how much energy you needed to do anything and how much energy you got per action. And there were only four event items... I guess we're pretty spoiled for that to be considered a small amount, huh?
Though I gotta say, the poinsettia items are absolutely goooooooooooorgeous, I wish there were more in the set.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

Ugggh I can't wait for this banner to be gone.
Seriously, all I wanted was the pointsetta dress and the wing stickers.

Maybe they were hoping the world would actually end and it wouldn't matter, lol.

Formal Elocutionist

This is a big year for Gaia. It marks the site being accessible by the masses for a full decade. You'd think they would have anticipated the begining of the year a bit more.
Hopefully this isn't a bad omen to the start of the 2013.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but there was a mini-evo of owlpocalypse for new year last year with the specific items in the cash shop.

So, yup, I was indeed waiting to see a little something on this subject but there (apparently) were none this year.

There's still the Chinese New Year which got a cash shop bundle last year, so we'll see a little later if there's one for this or if they simply decided to do a little something for both event wink

Omnipresent Loiterer

It's all about items and achievements now. Haven't you gotten the memo?

If we actually have to try, it's too hard. If we don't, it's not "interactive" enough.

And then we b***h about having to pay for things while we want these intensely complicated celebrations.

We got manga, we got items, we got achievements.

Done.

Gaia has never been huge on new years. Sometimes we'll get a small item. I'm happy that the artists and devs and such can maybe spend time with their family. I don't need some crappy novelty item if it means taking a burden off.

Distinct Explorer

we've had a number of new Year's items over the years.
(this isn't the full list, I know, but I didn't feel like searching through all 10 years of announcements)
December 27, 2011- (CS)- Celebratory Pair
January 11, 2010- (GS) some New Years Item (champagne set, ect)
December 29, 2009- (CS)- Gaia Gaia Party Time
January 03, 2008- Free Gold (up to 1k)
Nothing for 2007 (Double Gold week?)
December 31, 2006- Double Gold Week
December 29, 2005- 24 hr. New years Event (with exclusive items)
Nothing for 2004 (?)

so I was a bit disappointed that we didn't seem to get any new years items, for 2013 yet, also

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Lame event was lame. No climax, really. No Santa. Disappoint.

Angelic Blob

I wasn't expecting any type of New Years anything. I bet half the staff were with their families over the course of the holiday, which would explain why it ran over to January. Though they should have disabled the event during the day, not at night.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I say ******** the manga classified_fu

Manga and events should be seperate IMO
Cuz the manga makes the possibilities for good events so limited .. This could have been fun if it was a full fledged stand-alone event and not tied into some boring plot half the site doesn't care/know about.

I much prefer "Gaia" events like things with Kiki/Coco, cows, Grunnies - maybe I just prefer older Gaia. Meh.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Of course Gaia had a new years event

you could always say the

dropped the ball emotion_awesome

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Good thing that font size is so large, I might not have been able to read all that rolleyes

They are hosting a contest for New Years, but I do agree the Christmas event was a bit lackluster. I was really disappointed that we didn't see Jack or Santa this year.

Beloved Nerd

Rabid-Turtle

Good thing that font size is so large, I might not have been able to read all that rolleyes

They are hosting a contest for New Years, but I do agree the Christmas event was a bit lackluster. I was really disappointed that we didn't see Jack or Santa this year.

My font size is always big lol
Helps me notice when people quote me.

You know, I didn't think about it but yeah, Jack and Santa didn't really appear..Maybe cause they're hiding from Nyx/Gambit?

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
SaikoTaiko

My font size is always big lol
Helps me notice when people quote me.

You know, I didn't think about it but yeah, Jack and Santa didn't really appear..Maybe cause they're hiding from Nyx/Gambit?

Fair enough, I was really hungover when I clicked on the thread and was like AHH my eyes! *disgruntled post*.

Hmm I guess it would make sense if they were hiding. Perhaps the Holiday figure heads could be some sort of demi-god? Their appearance is one of the things I look forward to about the holidays events so it was disheartening not to have them around for 2012.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff